Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_ ... r_disaster

i have been following this event relatively closely. marjorie orr has made some astrological comments on this topic as well. including a mundane chart for japan is complicated as there are about 4 charts to choose from, but the one that marjorie is working with is the one shown below, which is referred to as the 'meiji constitution' 11 february 1889 set for noon in the absence of accurate information.

photo storage

another chart i would like to include for consideration of japan and this ongoing concern for the nuclear accident is a chart set for the official restoration of japanese independence and sovereignty via the peace declaration with usa.

small screenshot software

the following chart is based off the timing i have for the earthquake connected with this nuclear disaster shown immediately below.

pictures upload

the final chart that i would like to offer up is a chart for TEPCO which is the corporation directly responsible for this nuclear site. the japanese government has taken over responsibility for TEPCO at this point.

image hosting no account

hopefully all the charts get posted here at present. i will offer up my thoughts on them all in the coming week.

one other important chart that i neglected to share is the commission date for the nuclear plant itself - march 26 1971.. perhaps the construction date of july 25 1967 would be useful as well.. these dates are found in this wikipedia link below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_ ... ower_Plant

just looking at the sun/moon cycle for these 2 dates, starting a project on a first quarter moon and ending it just prior to the beginning of a new moon makes sense. i am drawn to the position of saturn at 12 aries in the construction date to the position of uranus in the commission date less then 1/2 degree away by opposition. if one considers the 1952 chart for japan as having much relevance ( i am more attracted to this date as it uses a specific time of day) and looks at the solar for 2010 off this chart which would coincide with the solar year for this accident one quickly notes the very close opposition of saturn and uranus in the sr 2010 chart. this opposition in the sr 2010 chart lands on the same degree as pluto in the march 26 1971 chart for the plant.. since we don't have a specific time of day for the actual commission, the moon is in this same general area..all of this emphasizes the saturn/uranus square found in the 52 chart.

modern astrology tends to associate uranus with the planet most connected to technology, while pluto would seem to make some symbolic references to nuclear power.. traditional astrology as i understand it puts more of a focus on the planet mercury as having to do with technology. the construction chart begins with a saturn/mercury square.. the commission chart has mercury exactly square the sun in the construction chart. how would one astrologically define hubris in connection with the advances in technology and our over reliance on these advances, not to mention, our ability to work in a safe environment with them? i would tend to think a conflicted saturn, or an overzealous jupiter! interesting how the japanese culture seems very saturnine in some respects. perhaps this is another reason to like the 52 mundane chart.

the 2013 solar return chart off the 1952 mundane chart finds the 21 cardinal libra ascendant re-emphasizing the position of mercury in the commission 1971 chart, and the sun in the construction date chart. mercury in the sr 13 chart is also the most angular on the cusp of the 7th at 23 aries. mercury rules the 6th house in the 52 mundane chart.. something about technology seems emphasized here. mercury and the angles in the sr 13 chart coincide with the midheaven axis in the 52 mundane chart as well.

one significant astro feature of the 52 mundane chart is the opposition between mercury and saturn at 12 aries, and 9 libra retro respectively. for those who use outer planet data, they form a part of a larger picture - grand square - with an uranus - chiron opposition at 10 cancer and 12 capricorn respectively. japan has always been a leader in the area of technology. perhaps the ascendant ruler for the 52 mundane chart - saturn - in a close opposition to mercury - the 6th house ruler (to the 52 m chart) symbolizes this best. the fact that the opposition of saturn/uranus in the 2010 sr chart reflects the close square between saturn and uranus in the 52 m chart is interesting. uranus is in the commanding position relative to saturn in this square, although saturn is the ascendant ruler to the 52 m chart.

what is perhaps even more interesting using the 52 mundane chart is how the transiting square of the outer planets - uranus and pluto, pick up this square or grand cross in the 52 chart so clearly.

the profection lord for this year with aquarius rising is saturn which is situated in libra in the 9th or whole sign 10th, retro and in a nocturnal chart. retro planets get a bad rap in traditional astrology generally. i would suspect a read on this chart by a t astrologer would add up to a negative. interestingly the transit of pluto from 9 capricorn squaring onto this seems to emphasize the tough times that japan presently finds itself in. it also reminds me of the offshore conflict they were recently involved with china over a certain group of islands.. my take on pluto/saturn connections is one of hardship with a number of possibilities - war being the most obvious outer reflection for that. going back to the sr 2013 chart off this 52 mundane chart one will note the ominous pattern between the 2 traditional malefics and the sun/venus conjunction. the opposition of mars to sun in the 52 mundane chart is also emphasized strongly here.

i will stop here and leave anyone interested with a picture of the mundane 52 chart on the inner wheel, with the solar return for 2013 on the outer wheel so one can see some of what i am discussing. i will try to get back and discuss the mundane 1889 chart with relevant charts to go with this chart at a later date.

screenshot pc

the TEPCO - (tokyo electric power corp) chart 'set for noon' that i shared has a few things in common with the 1952 mundane chart - both sun in taurus, and both with mars in a fixed sign - tepco's mars is conjunct the sun in taurus while the 1952 mundane chart has mars opposite the sun. tepco start date is may 1/1951, while japan's 52 mundane date is april 28/1952. the end result is that regardless not having a specific time for TEPCO, the solar return chart for tepco is plagued by the mars/saturn opposition as is the 52 mundane chart. the mars-saturn opposition happened on approx may 1st - (tepco's birthdate) at 8 taurus/scorpio. the transiting mars-saturn square that is moving into an exact aspect in a few days happens sept 9th approx and is very close to the same fixed degrees - 8 leo to 8 scorpio and at the same degree of the sun in japans 52 chart and about 1-2 degrees away from exact square/opp tepcos sun.

i did have a look at primary directions for the 52 mundane chart using a few different options for the pd's - mundane verses zodiac, and different primary key approaches.. my problem with pds at this point is so much of the data hinges on the particular set of options one chooses to take. i will continue to try to find a method of doing primary directions that i feel is more reliable then what i have found to date, but until then i can't really comment on the data in any confident way.

as for the 1889 mundane chart which is minus a specific time - i can make a few comments, but they will exclude the angle data which i feel is the most important data to consider!

as i have said before - i agree with mark that one can't rely on just one mundane chart for a country, especially when there are a few other key moments in the history of a particular country.. japan is an old country! the earliest chart i have is for 660AD.. the feb 11 1889 chart i am considering now is a highly symbolic moment in japans advance to the status of a world power.

the 1889 chart shown in my first post has an emphasis on the air element unless one pushes the time past 4pm at which point the moon moves leaves gemini and enters cancer. saturn operates in a pivotal sense as the handle to a kite pattern involving sun trine uranus and probably moon, while saturn opposes the sun to offer an outlet to the locked in trine energy of the sun-moon-uranus in air.. saturn is at 16 leo 27 using the noon time. the eclipse cycle would be squaring onto this sun/saturn opposition the past year, while saturn is close to a conjunction with the nodal axis at present, it will move on to square both ends of this opposition over the course of the next year.

jupiter is at 0 degree capricorn which is the ascendant degree in the 1952 mundane chart.

due the fact i am working with a noon time for the 1889 mundane chart for japan, there is not as much i can comment on. the angles can't tell me anything and the moon position may be out a number of degrees! there is a tight mars/jupiter square at approx 7 degrees mutable for the 2013 sr chart off the 1889 chart. that is mars at 7 pisces, square to jupiter at 7 gemini. it would also include neptune at 4 pisces and all of these planets will connect directly with pluto in the 1889 chart. sr 13 pluto in turn is in a 2 degree orb square to the 89 mundane venus position. sr 13 venus is exactly square sr 13 saturn.. 11 aquarius to 11 scorpio and both 5 degrees off the 1889 mundane saturn position.

there are some connections between the 1889 chart and the timing of the earthquake march 11 - 2011.. the ascendant in the earthquake chart connects with saturn in the 1889 chart. wide sun/uranus conjunction in the earthquake chart midpoints directly onto 1889 charts mars position at 25 pisces.. earthquake chart has mars at 12/13 pisces.. nodal axis south node in the earthquake chart is directly on 1889 chart moon.. i know quite a few people - a few hundred thousand? were displaced by this earthquake in 2011..