syria as of late august 2013

i have been making posts on syria since 2011. here is an overview for anyone interested in a thread here - http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... ight=syria

there are a few dates to choose from with regard to syrias national chart. as mentioned in the above thread, i continue to work with the jan 1 1944 0:00am chart shown below which is one of a few charts mentioned in nic campions book of world horoscopes and the main chart that i believe marjorie orr uses for syria as well.

printscreen

the profection year at present for this chart has the moon as the 'lord of the year' which goes back to an examination of it's condition in the mundane chart i am using for syria which is this.. moon in pisces, 6th house which rules over the midheaven in cancer.. jupiter, ruler of pisces is retrograde in leo in the 11th house and all this is in a 'nocturnal' chart emphasizing the importance of the moon in a relatively negative light even before we consider the aspect relationship the moon is making - separating from a wide sextile from sun and applied to a wide square to saturn in gemini located in the 9th. all and all the profected chart suggests a challenging year for syria which has been borne out by the dynamics to date. i suppose one could say this has been ongoing for the past few years and that this year is not much different, to which i would mostly agree. fwiw - the moon is in a close opposition to chiron in the 12th - both pointing to saturn in gemini in the 9th by square.

below is the solar return chart for the mundane chart i have used for syria.

image search

as one can quickly see, aside from the ascendant in cancer re-emphasizing the moon as lord of the year of the profection chart, we see the moon's prominence in this chart and in direct opposition to mars. the opposition applies to squares to saturn which replicates the mundane charts moon/saturn square. the position of pluto in the natal chart at 8 leo is picked up by all of this.. sr moon conjoins pluto while sr mars opposes pluto - a clear symbol for the increased violence that seems to increasingly mark the ongoing situation in syria. sr saturn squares onto mundane pluto bringing together 2 planets with a strong connection to war - saturn and pluto.. even if one opts to ignore pluto, the presence of mars here bodes ill from a traditional standpoint. interestingly syria's mundane chart i am working with has a mars/uranus conjunction in gemini, with saturn also in gemini, replicating the usa chart that some folks like to work with.. all these planets in this mundane chart are essentially in the 9th house which connects directly with syria's relationships with foreign countries. the idea of a war involving air strikes from the usa warships seems to be strengthened here given the air sign gemini being so pronounced. the solar return chart contains jupiter at 7 gemini retrograde conjoining the mars/uranus and strengthening much of this as well.

regarding the solar arc directions at this time, i am mostly drawn to how the angles in the converse sa directions replicate the position of the moon/mars opposition in the solar return chart. sr neptune squares onto syria chart moon directly at present which certainly makes sense, especially when you think of the number of refugees that this ongoing conflict is creating. i believe the angles given off the mundane chart i am working with are good given the solar arc direction of ascendant opposite syria's saturn from a few years ago and possibly suggesting foreign countries willingness to destabilize syria during this time frame.

important midpoints in this chart are sun/moon at 11 aquarius 49. ascendant/midheaven is at 28 leo 55.. the saturn/pluto midpoint at 15 cancer 01 happens to land right on the midheaven of this particular chart i continue to work with, and reinforces where the profected ascendant is for the present year.

in terms of the transit data at this moment, some of which is shown generally in the solar return chart, i note the position of saturn at present - 6 scorpio 47 which happens to be 4 minutes away from an exact 135 to saturns position in the mundane chart under highlight here. transit jupiter at 13 cancer is moving towards an exact conjunction with the midheaven very shortly and to the exact midpoint of the saturn/pluto mentioned in the previous paragraph. t mars is just getting ready to change signs and move into leo which will pick up the mundane pluto at 8 leo, and the pronounced opposition of moon/mars in the solar return chart at 4/3 leo/aquarius. all in all the movement of mars to many of these positions doesn't paint a promising picture in the short term.

t pluto is exactly where it is in the solar return chart, sitting directly on syria sun at 9 cap, and emphasizing what appears to be a ruthless continuation of a brutal regime that has no intention of letting go it's leadership/dictatorship role. interestingly t venus is just about right on the ascendant of this chart i use for syria and will pass over the angles in the next couple of days. the next week to 2 weeks may be very telling if any of this data has any relevance, especially by the new moon on sept 5th which lands opposite the moon position in the 6th house of the mundane chart.. the transiting mars and saturn will square one another on sept 9th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Ghouta_attacks
below is a chart for the approx time of the chemical weapon attack to the damascus suburb on the outside wheel, while the solar return chart for the 1944 chart is on the inside wheel. essentially the event chart is a transit to the solar return chart. it is interesting to see the many connections involving mars and the sensitive points in the return chart which appear to also be highlighted by the transiting angles. also the full moon for the event sits very close to the position of neptune in the sr 8th house/sign.

ps - if you push the time back to 245am as opposed to the 3am i have given for the time of the event, it will give 29 cancer rising with 18 aries 29 on the midheaven(outer wheel data changes).

greenshot screen capture

Thanks James,

I dont have time to participate just now but I really appreciate your keeping us up to date on this.

Gosh those transit hits to the Syrian SR chart at the time of the attack are very descriptive!

Seems like this national chart is very radical.

Look forward to any further updates you decide to do.

regards

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

thanks mark,

here is a biwheel with the chemical attack set to 245am on the outside and the jan 1 1944 chart i have been using set on the inside. a number of obvious connections can be seen. the full moon is about exact on lands on the midheaven/ascendant midpoint of the mundane chart. it is interesting to consider the close proximity of the transiting jupiter/uranus square to the angles of this mundane chart, not to mention including the approx full moon being 45/135 to it all and the angles as well, if one opts to use these aspects.

i think of jupiter/uranus together symbolizing the idea of freedom.. i wonder how this key moment will change the direction of syria in some significant way if indeed it does.. the transiting square on the angles is suggestive of something positive in itself, although expressed via the square, not as much.

screenshot program windows

all of us do wonder about bashar assad's chart if we are trying to follow what is happening in syria from an astrological angle. isaac starkman offered a rectified birth time for him on noel tyls forum a few years ago which is the chart i have posted immediately below.
http://noeltyl.com/discussion/index.php ... pic=4563.0

how to take screenshots

the first thing you might want to note is his birthdate- sept 11th, happens to be very close to where the mars/saturn square comes exact this year. as a result the solar return chart for bashar listed below has this as a strong feature of his chart, no matter what time of the day he is born.. if the rectification of starkmans has any merit, the fact this square hits the angles almost exact, while the ascendant in the sr chart lands in his natal 8th, in combo with the fact that the ruler of bashars natal 5th and 8th - mercury, is also rising in the solar return chart ( all based off the relevance of isaac starkmans polaris rectification) points to a very ominous looking solar return chart for the upcoming year for bashar assad.

windows 7 screen shot

i haven't examined bashar assad's chart and charts closely just yet, but i wanted to share what little i have here that some might find astrologically interesting.. one quick and last comment would be to note the position of pluto in the mundane syria chart i've been focused on at 8 leo 11, and the rectification that starkman gives for bashar assads birth time.

speaking of the mars/saturn square that comes exact in a couple of days and how it overlaps with some of these charts, assads in particular, i also note that although their has been a concerted ''public'' effort on the part of the usa primarily and perhaps saudi arabia and israel quietly to make war on syria, the uk parliament along with the un have been unable to offer a convincing rationale for engaging in some type of war act on syria based on the knowledge of the use of chemical weapons.

this brings me to a quick observation on president obamas chart with a wide square involving his sun/mercury to neptune in the same proximity of this approaching mars/saturn square..the square is exact sept 9th westcoast time at approx 4am at 7leo/scorpio 51 not far from obamas neptune at 8 scorpio 35.. the movement of t mars and saturn to his sun will take a while longer to hit 12 leo 32.. if one uses the 45 degree aspect as well, this square midpoints at 22 virgo 52 which is very close to where obamas mars is situated - 22 virgo 34..

bottom line is it appears obama has been presently stymied internationally speaking with regard to any military action towards the present syrian leadership.

What Was Obama Thinking?

Boy is that a weak program he's setting out. All moral indignation and no strategy ... astrological product of his progressed chart -- culminating with the October 18 lunar .... his p-moon while still in Aries is within orb but beyond the 25Aries eclipse ... However, his progressed ascendant/descendant gets it partile opposing his progressed mars, which has slipped off the descendant into the 6th ...

sgfoxe,

I haven't been paying much attention to obama's chart, but that is probably a good idea to get a perspective of where he is at in all of this.. perhaps you'd like to start a thread discussing it in more detail?

going back to the link i shared by peter stockinger with the use of ingress charts for syria and the usa to arrive at a possible outcome of this movement towards war, i am curious if any others here have some thoughts on the use of ingress charts where countries that are in the same vicinity will share the same or very similar ingress charts? in this example canada and the usa's are almost identical, with mexicos not too far off either.. in the mid east it is a similar story. also one can put the malefics in the angles 1/2 way round the globe if they are found in a particular ingress chart where one is primarily focused on as well - india and pakistan libra ingress this year will flip the usa libra ingress chart so that mars is squared onto saturn and rising. perhaps there are some important nuances i am glossing over, but overall i raise these issues to get some feedback on the value of using ingress charts in light of peter stockinger's interesting and informative post.

thanks!

it is astrologically interesting how it seems the international community has turned a corner of sorts in the past day or so with the idea that syria can give up it's chemical weapons to hold off the bombing from the usa. this coincides with the movement of mars past the exact square to saturn which formed the basis for some of my comments in this thread. maybe it is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with the fact the mars/saturn square is past exact.. perhaps something had to come out of this new moon from a few days ago and this was part of it.

Hi
James you might want to look at Syria's 1.1.44 00.00.01 -2hrs 15Li42 Asc charts Solar Return 30 Dec 2012 around 17.52.46 -2hrs should give Asc 26Cn33 with angular Moon 4Le09 in opposition to angular Mars 3Aq37. Study solar returns to find that aspect often about accusations, frame ups or somebody's revenge = John McCain one word describes his enthusiasm to bomb the hey out of Syria, Beirut. He wants revenge for that. Since the Father is dead he be darned if he let this chance slip away to kill the son.

Then note on big day when both U.S. and France had pow wows on Syria, transit Moon Mars conjunction 2 Sept 2013 06.36 GMT at 3Le18 activating the SR opposition. This also potential indicator to delays.

Can another indicator be found for these two and on same date above, yes. Next, primary direct the 2012 (actually for 2013) return. From 30 Dec 2012 to 2 Sept 2013 is 247 days. You need D Oracle to do this or Astro.com may help to. Most I can spin a wheel on Astro.com is around 330 degree years or, degree days for a yearly chart like a Solar Return or Aries ingress. Then divide 247 days by 1.0145833 should give around 242.4 degree days. We are working in days now, not years.

Since this is only a yearly chart very often you will find in print out what you want by first primary directing the planets but counting in this example 247 days as degrees in hit list. So look in hit list for aspects falling out at 247 degrees. Confusing ??? to remember, all aspects in hit list are Primary directed. Do not confuse this as counting degrees by longitude such as one day equal one degree. Although, that method will often get you in the ball park. Morinus program is no help, it only gives 100 degree years or degree days.

Using Delphi Oracle the hit list produces a Moon Sextile Mars aspect at 247 degree days. Sextiles between the two may prevent a violent crisis and so far so good for Syria, no bombing. So here you have two examples for a big day that so far has prevented bombing of Syria with both indicators involved. One, via primary directing the SR and two, by a mutual transit conjunction of both planets on pow wow day. As to Aries ingress, I would rely more on a Solar Return. I cannot see to well now, only one eye and
that one very foggy. So hope I made no typos at least for dates and times I list above. Michaelb

thanks michaelb,

i have posted the solar return chart you refer to a couple of times and discussed it's relevance as well. i will see if i can recreate some of your comments and understand another possible layer to all of this that i might have missed. thanks.