another solar return query

How does one cast a chart without a specific birth time for a solar return?
Not all birth certificates note the time.

My husband was born between 9:55am and 11:10am on a Sunday. We know this because his aunt, who was present at the birth, heard the church bells, which ring about 5 minutes to 10am. The only time they ring on Sunday in the village unless there is a major celebration. Her son came running in after mass and the baby was born by the time he came back and she checked her watch at 11:10.

Needless to say she did not check it in between or note the time, but those present all say it was during that time period. How would I cast a chart without a time for exact degree, minute and second?

Moonwise wrote:
How would I cast a chart without a time for exact degree, minute and second?
I'm afraid you cant do so without a more accurate birth time. The angles move 1 degree on average every 4 minutes. You might want to try to rectify the chart. This is a process of trying to retrospectively determine the accurate chart due to 'hits' to angles like the MC or Ascendant in your husbands life. Modern astrologers often use transits and solar arcs to rectify charts to determine the birth time. Primary directions are another method more common in traditional astrology.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

solar woes

I thought that might be the case. I've tried rectifying with transits, but something seems "off". I should try primary directions, however, I am not the most adept at tradional techniques, though I'm finding them most accurate. Thank you MArk.

With that amount of time the difference is over half a sign. Does the rising sign change in that period?

That might be a good starting point to help refine your search options. There is quite a tradition of physical characteristics according to rising sign. In addition Lilly used the dignity of term/bound ruling the ASC degree to determine physical characteristics while there is a very long tradition of using the dignity of decans/face to refine physiology.

I cant honestly say I have much experience in this area. I live in a part of the world where birth times are on every birth certificate so I probably get less experience in this area than many others. Hopefully some other members will chip in with helpful contributions on this.

Good luck

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly