Will my friend have a baby?

Hi all,

I have a friend who has been struggling with getting pregnant for past 3 years. She is 40 now, has tried IVF and even hired a surrogate mother from overseas but that lady miscarried. The problem is my friend does not have good 'egg quality' so it will be very unlikely for her to have a biological child. From what I understand, the surrogate used donated eggs but had my friend's husband's sperm....and still miscarried.

My friend and her husband have pretty much given up, but I sensed a lot of sadness in her when I met with her yesterday. In our country surrogacy is not legal (she had to go overseas to find a surrogate) and adoption may take upto 10 years, she doesn't seem to be keen on it. I asked' will my friend have a baby?' I did not ask about biological child or not, or adoption or surrogacy...My main question is basically if she will become a mother.

My friend is 11th house ruler Jupiter exalted and fertile (which doesn't really make sense). Jupiter is in derived 5th house. Moon has mutual reception with Jupiter, Moon rules her 5th (radical 3rd house). This looks positive - but there is no aspect.

Moon trines Mercury next which rules derived 7th (her husband?). If she does try surrogacy again with her husband's sperm, her husband will be the biological father and it seems like this chart confirms it.

Moon in 8th is not positive. Mercury has no dignity, but accidental dignity. What would Saturn at radical 7th mean - the astrologers will be impeded in their judgement? South node too close to ASC...not good.

Which house should I look at for surrogacy?

Hope to get some help please!

A surrogate mother could be seen as an 'agent' acting on your friend's behalf. Agents are 5th house considerations.

We see your friend as Jupiter, ruler of the radical 11th, exalted in Cancer in the turned 5th from the 11th. Moreover, Jupiter is in mutual reception with the Moon, ruler of the turned 5th house, and the Moon is moving to a trine with Mercury, ruler of the radical 5th house. Jupiter is moving to a trine with the North Node, which is in the turned 9th from the 11th, showing that "overseas" is a significance in this question. Surrogacy would appear to be the way to go.

Mercury is angular on the cusp of the 4th, but it is peregrine. I would be happier if Mercury had more dignity in this question if looking for a successful outcome.

Hi
- The significators :
- The ascendent (11th) psc. and it's lord Jupiter and the Moon
- The 5th house and it's lord
- The part of children and it's lord

The suitable signs for this question are the watery and earty signs
nearly, all the significators are so
So, we can say easily your friend has a baby
good luck

Thank you for your responses!

Geoffrey: When you say Moon trine Mercury, radical 5th ruler, would you then take Mercury to be ruling the 'surrogate"? As you said Surrogate is ruled by 5th - I'm wondering would it be radical 5th or derived 5th in this chart?

Nahid: I calculated part of children in this chart, but using my friend's ASC in 17.03 Pisces and I found PoCh to be at 22 Scorpio. (ASC+Jupiter - Saturn for PM charts) Mars ruler of Part of children is trining it...not sure if its positive or negative...? Mars is in Cancer, watery fertile sign but in fall...

thanks again!

Thanks for giving the detailed back ground information...

I have a problem with this chart if we take 11th house as friends. IMO, 5th and 11th houses are related to friends...

Is she your

very best friend.... 11th house
just a friend..........5th house
Neighbor..........3rd house...

Because in the context of question...Jupiter in cancer does not seem like her...

If we take her as 5th house person (only a friend)....

Combust (getting tighter by conjunction) Mercury in a barren sign (leo) being right on the 4th house cusp catches our attention...and perhaps gives the answer...

I hope, my interpretation is wrong and she has something good stored for her in future...
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Hey Morpheus,,

Are you using Vedic astrology or some other eastern astrology? I never would use 5th for a friend, at least not with western traditional horary method....

But I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say. Judging by your method, she is indeed 5th house as I rarely see her and she has become increasingly distant lately, so 5th would describe her better than 11th using your method.

Hello :)

In questions of pregnancy/health, one can also assign the ascendant to the person inquired about, regardless the nature of his/her relationship with the querent - as attested to by Sahl/al-Kindi, and later Bonatti/Lilly who drew on horary principles used by their predecessors.

Seen from this perspective, the picture presented makes the most sense. There is a considerable number of negative indicators clearly reflecting the situation.

The question is radical, with Venus as the lady of the hour.
Taurus on the ascendant is a sign of few children,sometimes none (Abu Ma'shar, Introduction to Astrology) and this is further aggravated by the presence of the fixed star Hamal in its degree (Mars/Saturn) and the south node close to it.
The lady of the ascendant is Venus in barren Virgo in its dejection, about to enter Libra, the 6th sign which it also rules - the lady of the 6th in the 5th clearly presenting health issues tied to the matters of pregnancy/fertility.

The lord of the 5th and one of the natural rulers of children, Mercury is in aversion to its domicile Virgo (again, a barren sign) which makes both of them in need and ill-disposed; he's also in a barren sign of Leo and in a mundane square to the ascendant, peregrine and contrary to sect. What makes him decidedly malefic and highly afflicted as well is his mundane square with the angular, contrary to sect, peregrine malefic Saturn on the cusp of the 7th, in opposition to the ascendant!
On top of that,the naturally barren Sun in Leo is in antiscia with the ascendant degree reinforcing the overall simbolism of barrenness in the chart. As the Sun rules IC which denotes the end of the matter, this is again a fairly negative testimony.

A naturally barren Saturn is the strongest, most pervasive influence due to its angularity, along with Mercury who takes on Saturn's nature and both are afflicting the ascendant, as already mentioned. This is probably the most 'dangerous' constellation in the chart, pointing towards perpetual deprivation of children as the signs are fixed and angles denote stable, lasting matters as well. Mercury/Saturn combination is in itself a dangerous one as they are mutually destructive - Gemini is destroyed by Capricorn, Aquarius by Virgo (Valens).

Jupiter as the natural ruler of fertility/children is cadent in the 3rd meaning he's unable to do much. Malefic Saturn is a far stronger influence.

The Moon is peregrine, in the bad 8th in a sign of few children but very swift and waxing, applying to Mercury by trine and the aspect will perfect in a bit under 6 degrees. However, due to the nature and condition of the signs/houses/planets involved I doubt this can produce a child but I sincerely hope I'm wrong and she fulfills her desire in 6 months.

The Lot of children is also cadent in the 9th in the 13th degree of Capricorn, connecting the matter of pregnancy to foreign countries. As its ruler Saturn is opposing the ascendant from the 7th and (mundanely) squaring the lord of the 5th...I'm afraid the whole matter is doing the querent/her husband more harm than good.

Lot of fortune (prosperity/well being, sharing the ruler with the Lot of children) is also in the 9th, tightly opposed by an applying Mars in its dejection...the husband may turn out to be against any further attempts to go overseas and to repeat the procedure. As Mars also rules the 12th, I think in some way she might see him as an 'enemy' to the matter, contributing to her fortune's miseries.

But there's one potential bright spot in this - oriental, exalted Jupiter is the bound lord of the Lot of children and is in a tight applying opposition to it, which is good and I hope it will be able to perfect the matter in a little less than a year and a half (months would be the faster, preferred option).
The down side - Jupiter rules the death-bringing 8th...

Though the negative influences are obviously dominant in the chart, I hope my delineation is wrong and she becomes a happy mother soon - with the help of Jupiter :'

Reagards,
Goran
Last edited by cor scorpii on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
http://7heavenastrology.wordpress.com
http://klasicnaastrologija.wordpress.com

Thank you so much Goran! That was incredibly detailed interpretation - I have so much to learn....

Yes I seriously hope Jupiter brings something positive to her. I doubt she will get pregnant herself, but perhaps 9th house (overseas surrogacy) is the way to go.

Thanks again and I will let you know if anything develops.

I see i'm mistaken here
Because, i think my previuose interpretation is right if the question is about the possibility of pregnancy
But here, the question is restricted if there's pregnancy (baby) or no, then the answer will be yes or no

So, i think , i have look to a benefic planet in an angular especially the 7th house, because the query wants the answer from there (the astrologer)

In the 7th house is Sturn and the n.nod and Sturn glads in Scorpeo (7th) and it watery and western
yes, his lord's Mars malefics but the existence of Jupiter exaulted in cancer then there's no malefics with Mars, especially the trines of Sturn and Jupiter

I'll add, malefics here reffer's to the nature of the pregnancy, good or no, will it completes or no
So, i can say yes there's a baby with the women