firdaria, WSH

I was recently looking over my friends chart, and when I began to pull up the firdaria for my friends chart I ran into a little bit of a complication. Basically, if im using WSH then my friends sun would definitely be above the horizon, OTOH if I use placidus then my friends sun is clearly below the horizon. Thus I am not sure whether to calculate the firdaria for a day chart or a night chart. I feel like I should calculate it as a night chart seeing as how the sun is below the "true" horizon (asc/dsc angle), but I just want to make absolutely sure that this is what I should do. Can you guys clarify this for me?

Do both and see which one predicts better. Ask your friend for the major events that occurred during the past five years, then look at the firdaria done with Whole Signs before looking at the Placidus firdaria. See which one predicts better.

Do this until you come to the conclusion of which one to use.

A traditional approach is to see if the planetary hour ruler has passed over to the first hour of the night.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

If the Sun is above the ASC (the Sun in earlier degrees than the ASC) the chart, and the Firdaria, is diurnal. If the Sun is below the ASC (the Sun in later degrees) the chart and the Firdaria is nocturnal. This is regardless of the house system you use.

ea