Hello,

the program I use is set to calculate reverse day/night formula for the Pars Fortunae and that is why I was surprised it had not done it (and still trying to find out why).
No alienation from my part, anyway, I hope I did not appear to be rude as it was not my intention.

I will give the details of the outcome of this horary soon just do not have time to write much in this moment.

Iris

Hello everyone,

this is how things went after this horary (18th June):
- the meeting that was fixed for the following day of the horary (19th June) was cancelled
- they met the day after (20th June) but nothing physical happened
- they met on the 27th June and she tried to approach the issue with him; he said he felt attracted to her even physically but did not like and want to "plan" things and that when thing should go their way naturally (Mercury have just turned retrograde)
In the following weeks, though, he seemed to avoid meeting her again, partly justified by working tasks. In the end, he called her on the 10th of July saying he would like to meet her and they met on the 11th on which occasion he told her that he thought about "the issue" very much and that in the end he did not want anything more than friendship between them (by this time Jupiter, her significator, got to a distance of 15? from the Sun /out from combustion and rays/, I interpreted this that it was time for her to see clearly in the matter).
The next day, she knew from other friends that the man in question had started dating a woman (not from the circle of friends or acquaintances ? in fact she lives in another town so the observation of a long-distance relationship was right) and thus got the whole picture clear.

At the beginning, when I saw that Jupiter was ruled by Mercury (domicile) and Mercury's exalted ruler was Jupiter I interpreted this as a good sign of attraction among them ? but being the two planets in adjacent signs, they could not "see" each other and could not get in touch.

I would like to ask your opinions about the Moon translating light between significators of the same person (as in this case, it was the quesited).
Johannes mentioned a kind of "short-circuit", but what would this actually mean? The quesited being interested only in himself? Or not open to act towards others?

Iris

Interesting that the Moon coud not bound Mercury and Jupiter not only because of her location (Via Combusta), but specially because the Sun prohibited it. We can't say that the Sun applies to Jupiter, because Jupiter is harmed by him. Maybe if Jupiter was in some Sun dignity, we could have a different result.

Venus applying to Mercury had really interesting results. Thanks for sharing this question :D

Pejofar wrote:[...] We can't say that the Sun applies to Jupiter, because Jupiter is harmed by him. Maybe if Jupiter was in some Sun dignity, we could have a different result.
Why could we not say that the Sun applies to Jupiter? Application is not hindered by the harming combustion.
And indeed Jupiter was received by the Sun in his (the Sun's) face.

It's true, I expressed myself badly. The Sun applies to Jupiter in fact. But I don't think that we can say that the Sun receives Jupiter just because of the face. As Abu Ma'shar says at "Introductions to Traditional Astrology" (Ben Dykes translation), a planet can only receives another planet when the second planet is in the first's domicile, exaltation or 2 minor dignities (term and triplicity, term and face, or face and triplicity) to be effective, and only the face is not enough. Besides that, the face is the weakest essential dignity.

OP wrote:
I would like to ask your opinions about the Moon translating light between significators of the same person (as in this case, it was the quesited).
Johannes mentioned a kind of "short-circuit", but what would this actually mean? The quesited being interested only in himself? Or not open to act towards others?
I wonder if this implies that his awareness of how much he sexually excites her (Sun combusts Jupiter) is partly the reason he is not interested? He is symbolized by Mercury in Cancer, which seems more interested in love. The querent is obviously more interested in the more PHYSICAL aspects of a romantic relationship.

See even that the degrees and minutes of Jupiter are EXACTLY those of the cusp of the 8th House. She mostly just wanted sex, and he could probably pick up on that (Cancer being a pretty perceptive/intuitive sign).

She obviously does still exalt him, so I'm sure she likes him for more than just sex too, but her being so obvious and straightforward about having sex is probably part of what kept him from pursuing her further. Plus, he obviously had more lovey feelings for another (represented by Venus as others have mentioned above).[/quote]
Gabby