Hi Stefan

Yes there are indeed sidereal difficult aspects for health as you have mentionned. I would not disagree although the exact avasthas for the planets are quite involved and would need to be considered. Thanks for sharing your ideas. As you explain this chart will not by itself be a clear slant whether sidereal or tropical so there we are.

The ex I mentionned are following Parasara' teaching. About the doshas ideas, the moon and venus are both kapha and vata. So their avasthas will determine which way it goes. The exact dosha build in the chart is also quite involved. Having venus ruling several vargas would not be by itself indication of weight problems, nor having the moon aspect it. Nor having Jupiter aspecting it. I have moon on Asc for instance, and I am skinny. Only jupiter is truly a kapha planet. But I would disagree that jupiter makes stocky bodies. We would need a careful study of it and whether the kapha is disrupted.

The stocky built is due in Jaimini to having the AK in Debilitation in virgo. This afflicts mercury which rules the thyroid and unbalances its functions and disrupt the natural physical growth. Its well known the thyroid can bring about weight issues.
Here that person began gaining some some weight after the year 2000, 2002, in the Saturn dasa which began in 2000, using the Ernst ayanamsa, Saturn is afflicted in the rasi chart and very afflicted in the trimsamsa chart. Saturn is a purely vata graha, so brings about constriction in the tissues if its not harmonious.

Hi Pier
Saturn is afflicted in the rasi chart and very afflicted in the trimsamsa chart. Saturn is a purely vata graha, so brings about constriction in the tissues if its not harmonious.
Yes.
Only in the Sidereal chart is Saturn in the 22nd drekkana as showed in my last post. (Together with the Moon AK in sidereal). That's a health challenge.

(Saturn is simultaneusly in the Mrityu Bhaga degree.14 cap for saturn)
Which is the degree bad for Saturn in Capricorn. regarded as bad for Health.
But that is independent of which zodiac, as that point is convertible to the tropical zodiac also.

Fleshy body is a symptom of Kapha. But must be analysed in more detail.
But Jupiter,Venus and Moon are primarily Kapha planets, although with some influence from other dosha's as well.

Best wishes
Stefan

Aha...that's strange.
case 1 : female 08-06-62, 11:23 time zone 5w00, 71w15, 46N48, Quebec City. Tropical Asc is 29 Libra.
With a tropical 29 libra ascendant. this gives a Sidereal Lahiri Ascendant 5'Libra. A chart with this drekkana chart:
As Saturn and Moon are in the 8th house in the Drekkana, it's automatically in the 22nd Drekkana. (The 8th house of drekkana chart is always equal with that.)

I had some problem to get the 29 libra chart.
With Solar fire program where I did manage to get a 29 Libra ascendant. But I initially runned the chart with vedic astrology program Shri jyoti Star as well, but I have some problem to get the same basic Rashi chart in that program. I assumed that this is the correct chart since you are from Canada are used to the cordinates there. I am a bit confused about the ascendant.

Regarding AK.
Mercury is the AK with Moon as AM. Sorry.

Best wishes
Stefan

Hi Stefan
yes thanks,ok i see the moon saturn in that D3 chart.

I m hoping the chart is here on display, with 29 tropical libra, the data used, dasas, friends ennemies. The exact Parasara aspects values to the virupa, and so forth.

I have not heard before of using the drekana for health ! The full trimsamsa has been my mainstay for health issues for years. Parasar lists it as Good and bad effects and it works well. I know about the 22nd drekkana afflictions but it seems like overkill in this case.

Also, this person is not bed ridden, afflicted with serious incurable diseases. i should have perhaps made this clear. She is simply stocky, and has female discomforts, heavy menopause, has almost always some body pains. But she is functionning, going to work everyday or almost, with normal energy. simply having to do many therapies, accupuncture etc. Things are not out of control.
the thyroid problem that we saw in the chart has been confirmed by tests of the thyroid. [/img]

I am still confused.

I can get a 29 libra ascendant only by manipulating my software.

Otherwise solar fire gives 18 Libra (tropical)
Shree joti star gives similar
And now checking astrodienst chart module, which
also is very accurate.
Also there 18 libra (tropical).

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?lang ... &rs=0&ast=

I suggest that moderators delete these posts IF your chart is wrong, as it clutters the thread, and my comments are meaningless in sidereal chart as it gives other results.

Thanks Konrad,

I should have checked this site myself.

I leave it to moderators to decide if perhaps then delete posts
with comments for an inaccurate chart and divisional charts.

Hello Konrad, Stefan

Yes thanks Konrad. This chart was rectified at 29 degres, to fit 29 degres after a long process, many events. I ve known that person for years, made many predictions for health.

I did not use the time zone, since we dont have the time listed on the birth certificate.

Be well,

But if you can not trust this, the other chart posted was a very nice study for comparison, there the dignities are completely different.

Ex : the Deb Jupiter rising in tropical becomes Jupiter well placed in Sag rising in Sidereal, which should be really nice for health.

In tropical the ruler of the DEB Jupiter was Saturn which was DEB also in Aries.

In Sidereal Jupiter does not have a ruler influencing it. In tropical this Jupiter is thrashed. Jupiter rules the endochrine system and thrashes the muscular system of Capricorn. Plus Saturn is DEB, weakening Capricorn further. And that person is physically quite weak, dislikes sport, she feels that every object she carries is heavy (Jupiter does this). Once at the beach in a group activity, it was impossible to make her swim, which other kids did with abandon.

Incidentely in D30, Jupiter sits with a DEB Satunr once again. Easy to conclude.

Pierre wrote:
Yes thanks Konrad. This chart was rectified at 29 degrees, to fit 29 degrees after a long process, many events. I've known that person for years, made many predictions for health.

I did not use the time zone, since we don't have the time listed on the birth certificate.
So this entire discussion has been built around a chart without a verified birth time?! No matter how the rectified chart seems to fit facts in a person's life, we can't use that chart to support or "prove" anything at all.

But I think the discussion should remain on the forum as it clearly shows the applied methods of two different viewpoints.

Pierre, is the 9:07 time for the second chart recorded on a birth certificate?

It seems best for any discussion of comparing "tropical Vedic" with traditional Jyotish, that we should be using public figures with verified birth records. For research we can only work with observable facts about a person's life that we can all agree on.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Hello Stefan

The parents had said <after> so the rectification was not a large one.

Most of the weight issues I discussed without the degree of the Asc. Discussed with doshas, AK, in which the approximate time is no object. Most of the varga avasthas and natal avasthas are identical.
The AK in Virgo, in Jaimini is a solid technique.

Yes the second chart for 9:07 has a BC. We always need to check charts, its a fact of life.

Stefan, how would you use the drekkana chart for health and overweight issues, if I may ask ?
I know in Prashna the D3 is important, but for health ?

Be well,
Pierre