domicile or exalted ruler?

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... c&start=15

I did a search for this, but the above link was all I could find and it was only referring to horary. That being said, with regards to the natal chart, how do you all decide which house ruler to use?

I.E. Lets say my 2nd house is cancer, and the moon is in the first house in gemini conjunct the ASC, however I also have jupiter in pisces in the 10th house.

From the example above, which of the two planets would be the best to use to determine the affairs of the second house? Or could I use both??

Blurry it is, and even when the Moon as ruler of the 2nd is in the 1st, showing the "interest" in finances, this Moon cannot see her dominion.
Jupiter also very strongly placed, *is* able to see the 2nd and would therefore be a better representative and responsible for the 2nd.

Konrad mentioned the activation of planets during certain periods of time in the life; maybe investigating when Moon and Jupiter were active in the past as timelords, could shed some light on their respective (non-)activity?!

Risking to get out of sync with traditional teachings here , I would (if I were you) try and choose to *activate* the one or the other in terms of money-yielding actions, and observe what happens... :???:
Herman

http://www.hervaro.be

If we take the doctrine of participation from Schmidt's translation of the lost fragments of Antiochus, then one might be able to use both (or perhaps neither). A planet that can cast a ray into the place can witness and if that planet can also see the domicile or exaltation lord, it might provide testimony. So generally I would think that the planet (domicile or exaltation lord) that is more goaded (closer to the angles) that can also cast a ray into the place and can effect from its own significations (what Schmidt calls being in own places) will be the most influential over whatever that topic happens to be.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

so basically you are saying that out of the domicile, exaltation, or even triplicity ruler for the house in question, the ruler that is the most angular and also not in aversion to the house in question should be considered the planet that is most influential over the matters of the house?

Also, have you observed this working in actual practice? So far I have used this in a few charts and its cleared up some things that previously didn't make any sense, but I am hoping to get some other observations/opinions on its efficacy as well.