Placidus maybe nonsense but..

Hi
I know Placidus system doesn`t make much sense in high latitudes, but it is the second consecutive time that when Mars reaches mid Cancer that I quarrel with mates or cousins by email. My third house starts at 18 Cancer,right opposite my Sun.
In the WSH Cancer is second house.
On the 10 july I sent na angry email to a band mate telling him that I was fed up he puts the band in third place,and seems to be more interested in other things.
In 2001 it was a cousin,and I wasnt aware about the opposition in both cases as in recent times I have been more into the WSH thing,since it appeared more logical.
Do you have similar instances in which Quadrant systems appeared to have proved themselves?
I am not diplomatic as a rule, because i think it hinders progress to show too much respect for people,or rather their beliefs, who follow diferent systems.
After all, it wasnt you who invented those systems,hence nothing to be ashamed of. I used several systems in the past and have no problem abandoning them

edit: Actually it was Sun/Mercury who were opposite Sun this time

:D
Quadrant house work swell, I think millions of people are doing it. What latitude are you talking about? It's not broken by going over the arctic circle I gather...

I think if you are going to use a different system, you have to use all of the system as it worked for people who think it works. To simply change from a quadrant system to a WSH system and keep doing everything the same is probably not the way. (that's the direction I'm facing, are you facing the other way, or will simply using quadrant solve your dilemnas)

The funny thing about trying to use accurate house cusps is you also need an accurate chart. But the sky doesn't turn green when you're right...

I agree with this, I have found transits that have worked with both the WSH and placidus charts. I used to think only WSH was valid, now I am beginning to think both are right, but I still dont understand the precise mechanism of why this appears to be this way.

I'd have to make an analogy. If I could take a fractal and draw a formulated line through it that conveniently hit certain patterns, I could draw nonsense lines too. The line has to be right AND I have to be able to correctly interpret what the line passing things meant. There are many ways to draw a line across a fractal that will, in the microscopic view of the line, produce information. As long as the line is formulated, and not just some line you hope will show you something, then it will show you what it has always showed you, and with consistency comes appreciation of what that line will do. Some lines will be easier to understand but any line should do something for a mind that has seen that kind of line many many many times before. And the best lines, the ones we pass on, are like the analogy in reverse, the techniques we favor in astrology, like 12 houses, or square aspects. Unfortunately some of the best lines are also hard to draw... so the ones we pass on are also the easiest.

keeping in mind fractals are self-similiar at all scales...