Vedic astrology .Does it work?

Hi
According to Vedic Astrology J?piter is a malefic in my chart.
Yet I got na inheritance when it transited my 8th house,which it rules, got a good job when it returned to its natal position in my 9th house, whilst when my Yogakarka Saturn led to job loss when it transited 5th house in 2011. It also appear to have caused the general tiredness and depression that led to job loss,as it squared my natal Sun.
In 2001 I was having a great time while J?piter was in first but as soon as Saturn arrived there a few weeks later, I got into disputes with my guru/teacher and had to leave his school.
These are a few exemples of why I am not too sure about Vedic systems.
All events above took place during Saturn dasha which started in 1994 and ends this year.
As for Snowden I think with idealistic J?piter in 7 he got the courage to follow his ideals when J?piter crossed his Mars/Sun. Remember J?piter loves Cancer.Jupiter/mars= courage
just my two cents

Re: Vedic astrology .Does it work?

Indian astrology ('Vedic' is a misnomer) is such a vast field, with so many schools differing from each other on numerous counts, that asking whether it works is not meaningful. Your real question seems to relate to the natural beneficence/maleficence of planets versus their functional roles as rulers of different houses. This is a more manageable topic, but you still need to take a nuanced approach and make sure you know your sources. Most schools of Indian astrology do take the distinction between natural benefics and malefics into consideration (much more so than modern western astrology), and they do not use transits as a stand-alone technique the way you seem to do.
https://astrology.martingansten.com/

Re: Vedic astrology .Does it work?

Martin Gansten wrote:Indian astrology ('Vedic' is a misnomer) is such a vast field, with so many schools differing from each other on numerous counts, that asking whether it works is not meaningful. Your real question seems to relate to the natural beneficence/maleficence of planets versus their functional roles as rulers of different houses. This is a more manageable topic, but you still need to take a nuanced approach and make sure you know your sources. Most schools of Indian astrology do take the distinction between natural benefics and malefics into consideration (much more so than modern western astrology), and they do not use transits as a stand-alone technique the way you seem to do.
Thanks. So some schools would still regard J?piter as benefic even if Taurus rises? Makes sense cause I cant imagine Saturn being really favorable unless you are into disciplined practices like meditation or concentration.
Still I know an author who claims that it is a myth that saturn is a negative planet.Saturn rules good houses like career and house of fortune(11th)