hi pankajdubey,

glad to see someone else other then me is very interested in snowdens chart!

i think they call it myastro cause it is 'your' astro page, lol.. i can't see it on the astrodatabank page.. at any rate i get ascendant 21 virgo 23, midheaven 18 gemini 06 for moscow.. i posted a chart for hong kong i believe on another thread i had started, but maybe it was only the solar return for 2013..

i think his home location is pretty good planetwise, but i don't know when he last lived in elizabeth city.. it looks okay for quito equador too - ascendant 23 taurus 13, midheaven 18 aquarius 33 - similar to his place of birth, but shifted some with venus closer to the ic and ruling the ascendant here.

where would you relocate his chart for the most favourable location?

no matter how one slices it, snowden is facing the saturn transit to his moon/venus square which doesn't look happy.. saturn to moon transit is generally always a tough transit and becuase snowden has the square to his venus it is further emphasized. i see this following year as a challenging one for him just on this level.

apparently the knowledge he has on the usa's action is more damaging that what anyone else has had, but what usually always happens in this situation is the whistleblower is turned into a monster in the media so that everyone is supposed to hate him.. i find him fascinating and i find the whole story of the desire for freedom from spying and etc captured really well in the jupiter/uranus conjunction in sag in his natal chart and opposite his mercury..

the way this is playing out it is hard not to visualize him back in the usa in the next couple of months. i can't figure it out off the astrology..

Interesting synastry how Assange and Snowden are helping each other.

Both have Moon in scorpio and their jupiter is just a few degrees apart.
The nodal axis of Assange runs across MC/IC axis of Snowden.
Assange's data is B but hsi ASC/DSC axis swaps with that of Snowden and there is the nodal axis of Snowden.

This is called a Karmic meeting of minds.

hi pankajdubey,

thanks for sharing what you are looking at. i have matrix software horizons which does the same thing. i prefer to put the data on a 360 chart with the planets as opposed to looking at where the lines run.. where the lines run is where the planet will be on an angle if you relocate the chart to that location..

snowden, assange and manning all have a moon in scorpio.. i do too, lol.. one could say having a moon in scorpio is a karmic placement.. i think it depends on ones philosophical stance towards life.. assange, manning and ellsberg all have sun/uranus connections.. assange sun square uranus. manning and ellsberg - sun/uranus conjunction.. snowden has something different, but does have uranus close to the descendant degree opposite mercury rising which is the most prominent planet to his chart for many reasons astrologically..

i have been thinking a lot lately about primary directions verses solar arc directions and the differences.. i ran snowdens chart for both and while the idea of a degree per year is the type of symbolic thinking that forms the basis of much astrological thinking, primary directions hinge on this and more.. 4 minutes of right ascension=year would be a simple way of putting primary directions, but it is heavy on the math and less on the symbolism that it is based off.. i still think it goes back to the idea of 1 degree of the suns movement is equivalent to one year of life, but this idea is generally called secondary progressions, unless you move the whole chart one degree per year, specifically based on the amount of solar arc per day when it then becomes solar arc directions!

anyway, i have been thinking about the difference in terms of how geoffrey cornelius framed the differences within astrology of a sceintific verses divinatory approach to astrology. i think he framed it as reading 'causes verses signs' in ones approach to astrology.. just this morning i read cor scorpios post on the horary board where he highlights a '''timing''' technique - obviously divinatory in style - of 3 degrees equates with 3 weeks.. they do this in horary all the time, but natal astrologers are much more scientific in there approach generally in that one can't just use a symbolic concept without giving the scientific rationale for it.. or they are doing something other astrologers may or may not ''''approve''' of, lol..

if you look at snowdens solar arc directions - the sun/saturn square has just happened.. if you run the primary directions it doesn't happen for another year or 2.. i forget as i have it running on another computer from yesterday with the data not directly in front of me at this time..

anyway, i am essentially torn on which way to go here and not amused by the fact that these folks who are 'experts' on primary directions never make any public predictions!!! what good is being an expert on something if you can't help bring astrology back to it's previous position of respect for being able to do just this? end of rant, lol..

i am working on all this and plan on offering some insight into my theories in terms of where snowden is going on the next couple of years. all of these guys - assange and manning and snowden - seem to embody the direction the usa is going which is why i think it is of great interest astrologically and how it does relate directly to the poor state of affairs in mundane astrology at present as well..

Dragonqueen wrote:
Very interesting, but he has Venus angular over Spain,one of the countries that tried to stop him from flying
While Venus is a natural benefic I wouldn't expect it to do too much for Snowden due to its placement in his chart.

Firstly its peregrine with no essential dignity in that degree of Leo.

Secondly, its placed in a cadent house so less effective in terms of its ability to operate.

Thirdly, Venus falls in the bound of Saturn. Saturn is exalted in Libra but against that its out of sect, retrograde and conjunct Pluto.

Fourthly, Venus is Lord of the 12th as well as the 5th.

Last but not least Venus forms a tight to square to Snowden?s Moon in Scorpio.

All these factors help to reduce the effectiveness of Venus in Snowden?s chart.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Thanks Mark
The natal position of planets is then very importante.But his Venus is angular as well.

I must apply to political asylum in my own country,since I have an angular Jupiter :D
Would you include aspects from transpersonal planets too?

Dragonqueen wrote:
The natal position of planets is then very importante.But his Venus is angular as well.
I dont have much experience of using Astro* Catography. However, I dont think we can accuarely delineate such charts in isolation. The 'natal promise' of a planet for good or ill is always pivotal. So a planet being angular in an Astro* Cartography* chart is not going to swing it for a person if its relatively weak in the radix chart.

Note that the angular Mercury referred to by Pankajdubey above is very strong in the radix chart as it is angular and in its domicile.

Hence in medieval astrology there is the idea of not just a natural benefic and malefic but more profoudly an accidental benefic and malefic. Thus even Jupiter can act as an accidental malefic in some charts due to issues like dignity, sect, house placement/rulerships, and aspectual connections.Similarly, Saturn can operate as an accidental benefic in some charts.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote:Dragonqueen wrote:
I dont have much experience of using Astro* Catography. However, I dont think we can accuarely delineate such charts in isolation. The 'natal promise' of a planet for good or ill is always pivotal. So a planet being angular in an Astro* Cartography* chart is not going to swing it for a person if its relatively weak in the radix chart.

Hence in medieval astrology there is the idea of not just a natural benefic and malefic but more profoudly an accidental benefic and malefic. Thus even Jupiter can act as an accidental malefic in some charts due to issues like dignity, sect, house placement/rulerships, and aspectual connections.Similarly, Saturn can operate as an accidental benefic in some charts.

Mark
I see,but Venus is angular in radix chart,though cadent by whole sign

http://www.astrologycom.com/dignities.html

From this link his Venus doesnt seem to be in bound of Saturn
Last edited by dragonqueen on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.