Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

W.A.T.F.P.F.M.R.W.U. & W.W.H.A.C?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkF

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. But I guess it doesn't look as clear-cut to me. I could also see Jupiter ruling the radical 8th house, which is also the house that contains his significator and Mercury. Mercury also rules the radical 3rd house - communication - which could also describes someone who never returned her phone calls. But I'm not convinced of this either.

I guess my point is when we have so many choices. i.e., does Jupiter rule the radical 8th or 9th, or turned 2nd or 3rd, etc., how do we decide which one to use?

I do see why Jupiter is so important here though, and whatever it is should relate to the breakup.

Do you also see the 12th house influence that I saw? Or is that not as important as I thought I was?
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pointís a bit redundant now because it was based on a mistake. Using Placidus the 9th was the only house that Jupiter ruled, and so as I explained in my original post, that was why I thought 9th house issues were brought to prominence. Itís standard Lilly-style technique to determine a planetís influence, in part at least, from the house(s) it rules. It will never be more than two houses in the radical figure so if a planet is screaming importance itís worth considering those houses and which of them fall into context with the question and the situation known. Using Placidus the Moon wasnít in or conjunct the 12th house cusp - hence that didnít get a mention.
MarkF

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how would you use Jupiter here and more importantly why? Other than the context and specifics of the question, is there anything else to go on as far as a method?

It seems that if we rely on what the querent tells us or knows, then we might miss something that even they don't know about or won't tell.

Might the presence of absence of aspects help to decide which house to assign Jupiter to? Like in this chart the Moon has just separated from Mercury in the 8th house. Does that sort of point to the 8th house over the 9th house? I donít know. Iím just guessing here. Iím trying to find some sort of technique other than just trial and error.
haku

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb is certainly right in saying that his traveling and job play an important role -- but I believe that Mark has a point too in mentioning that Jupiter also rules the 8th and the 12th...

I knew there were secrets and issues with sex. I don't know what exactly his issues were. If I knew it I would not not try so hard to understand the horary. All I know is that he mentioned his dark side often, that he criticized others who were less intelligent and less educated than him, that he had a violent edge, that he was not capable of any empathy (he said so himself)... He often joked that he was a socio-path... (now I make him sound like a monster. But he cared for his family, believed in traditional values, and was very interesting and stimulating and educative company and I miss him for that.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: