Careerwise with both good and weak signs.

Hello, everyone,

I decide to work oversea for one year to beef up my experience and hopefully help my future career in the end. I ask if this decision can eventually benefit my career path/goal.

http://s1344.photobucket.com/user/LIGIN ... 6.png.html

First, good aspects, I notice the 10th house ruler (career, honor), Venus conjunct ascendant seems to be auspicious.

Moon sextile 3 planets: Saturn (6th house ruler, job), Jupiter (natural ruler for travel, oversea), and Mars (job, and 9th house ruler (oversea))
In addition, Saturn trine Jupiter and Mars is approaching Jupiter, but would be fall in Cancer, however, is in Moon's sign.

Second, more difficult aspects,

I didn?t find the 1st house ruler, Sun, form any major aspect to other planets, except seperating from retrograde mecury,
but it conjuncts 12th house cusp. Does it mean possible encounter with hidden enemy/obstacle?

Should I also consider Saturn represent 7th house ruler (the other people, open enemy)?

There seems to be no hard aspects between the plants mentioned above, so I think the answer is yes, but I should watch out hidden things or other people?s intention that could possibly turn against me? and the job probably will require more works than I expect? or not an ideal one in my mind?

I am quite new to horary, so please kindly correct where I am wrong and please don't mind if I neglect some obvious clues. :) ?

I?d appreciate any constructive opinion for the chart. Many thanks in advance.
Last edited by Ollie on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ollie,

Although you have posted the chart, there are no coordinates on it to bring up the chart with my own software.

Can you please provide the date, time, place etc

Thank you,

BM

Ollie,

I assume you have already decided to take the job? The Moon has just changed signs, so there is something that has already changed recently that related to this question.
(If you have already decided, when did you decide, and when do you leave?)

What kind of job is this, and why do you think taking this job for one year will help your career?

Is there something about this job, or this decision, that is causing you concern/worry? (Sun ruler of ASC on cusp of 12th).

I see some positive and negative testimony, so that is why I am asking for more background information.

BM

BlueMoon wrote:. . . I am asking for more background information.

BM
I agree Bluemoon!

Ollie, when you say
Ollie wrote:I decide to work oversea for one year to beef up my experience and hopefully help my future career in the end. I ask if this decision can eventually benefit my career path/goal.
then it would be fine to get your answers to questions as for example:

are you concerned with
a) an abstract decision, made or to be made, without any concrete occupation in sight?
b) a decision to apply for a special occupation?
c) a decision made, and a contract perfected.

Johannes

Hi, BlueMoon, Hi Johannes,

Thanks for your replies. And sorry that I didn?t explain enough about my situation.

?This decision? is actually my plan B or backup plan in case my original plan doesn?t run well. In the best scenario, I want to work directly on my goal, because I think it?s the best way to build it up and find out the things I don?t have but are needed in order to make it happen. I?ve debated for a while and wonder if I should continue to put my full focus on it, but so far no good news for my first plan.
BlueMoon wrote: (If you have already decided, when did you decide, and when do you leave?)
It was on the July 1st that I decide perhaps I need more time and start working on plan B, though I?ve gathered information regarding plan B now and then since earlier this year. I?ve inquired jobs from friends and responded to job ads, but I?ve prepared that I need to actually be there to have personal interviews, etc, before landing a job. I decide to arrive in mid Oct.
BlueMoon wrote: Is there something about this job, or this decision, that is causing you concern/worry? (Sun ruler of ASC on cusp of 12th).
some concerns I can think of now are that limited to only 1 year stay and language barrier (currently, I can only speak some basics of their native language.), the best job I think I would get is entry level in international environments (the field I prefer would be international marketing.) unless I am lucky enough to get offered a long-term position, but I know not to get carried away this moment, besides my first plan is still what I really want. I would worry that I can't get a job quick enough or get paid enough to support myself. I just notice that retrograde mercury happgens to be ruler of house 2 and 11. Obviously, it?s a big unknown whether the network I build there will be helpful if I later relocate to another place.

I hope at least I would gain some international experience from this move. Otherwise, I am an avid traveler. I?ve had pervious work experiences with companies from this country and visited there several times. I absolutely love the people and its culture. The experience would be a good memory of my life, if not an asset to my career.

I hope I've explained my situation.
Please let me know if any part I need to address more clearly.

Cheers,

PS. My natal moon is actually at Virgo 0 degree. perhaps it holds some significant degree here? the chart moon is applying to my natal Moon.
Last edited by Ollie on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ollie wrote:PS. My natal moon is actually at Virgo 0 degree. perhaps it holds some significant degree here? the chart moon is applying to my natal Moon.
Thanks for the clarification, Ollie.

The Moon of your question applying to her position in your Nativity is surely a testimony for the relevance of your question.

As already stated, the lord of the ascendant on the cups of the twelfth, this house signifying also self-undoing and exile, is not rather promising particularaly because your cosingificator, the Moon, is lord of the twelfth and posited in the ascendant. Furthermore both luminaries are in mutual reception and amplify the bad effect of the 12th upon the ascendant. So all this could easily be well understood as a confirmation that the doubts are right, which you have as to language problems, your network abroad not working according needs, and you not beeing able to find the proper occupation in the time window.

As your question is not concerning a concrete occupation, but only
whether
"to work oversea [...] can eventually benefit my career path/goal."
to see Venus, lady of the tenth and thus promising esteem and honour/benefit for your career, so easily dwelling in your ascendant and being received by its lord, the Sun, is surely promising. But as she is neither aspecting the Sun nor the Moon I should doubt the real advantage for your career, especially because she is still peregrine. The distance to become dignified is nearly two degrees and it will be only the lesser dignity of her term then.

The generally given advantage for a career having been overseas for a certain time seems in your question to be much too remote compared to the concrete drawbacks you spoke of as to be possible and the chart is illustrating as to become reality in my opinion.

Johannes

Hi, Johannes,

Thanks for your input and analysis.

I know that the horary method focuses on short-term outcome, but just for the sake of learning more about horary reading, I wonder does the benevolent aspects in this chart, for example, the minor grand trine among Moon (2nd-significator)/Saturn(lord of 6th)/Jupiter bring any good influence to the outcome? Or do other weak signs in the chart completely diminish its effort?

Thanks.

Ollie wrote:Hi, Johannes,

Thanks for your input and analysis.

I know that the horary method focuses on short-term outcome, but just for the sake of learning more about horary reading, I wonder does the benevolent aspects in this chart, for example, the minor grand trine among Moon (2nd-significator)/Saturn(lord of 6th)/Jupiter bring any good influence to the outcome? Or do other weak signs in the chart completely diminish its effort?

Thanks.
Hi Ollie,

Jupiter and Saturn are no relevant significators in your question. This is why their good aspects to the Moon, you cosignificator, cannot help in your question. Had you asked whether and how you could manage your subordinates (Saturn, lord 6) or what about your creativity (Jupiter, lord 5) these planets in good aspects with the Moon would have been of relevance. But you did not ask these questions.

Of course we could try to judge these not asked questions "for the sake of learning more about horary reading" but it is no good idea in my opinion to take the chart of the own question of yours for such a purpose, because probably you are in a certain stress situation and thus you are focussed on your problems which are connected with this concrete question and this chart and instead of being open for learning you are perpetually driven by your subconsciousness to get your question answered by the chart.

So the effects you mention may be good or ill, they are of no relevance for the answer to your question whether that you "decide to work oversea for one year" would "eventually benefit my career path/goal."
Please ask if you have more questions.

Johannes