Comet ISON 2013-2014

I have been meaning to put up this link for some time. Its an article by the traditional astrologer Peter Stockinger on comet ISON.

The comet is predicted to be an exceptionally bright naked eye comet towards the end of this year. It has been suggested this could be one of the brightest comets for centuries. Hence some astronomers have speculated that this comet may be as bright as the full Moon. Unfortunately, comets are notoriously unpredictable in their brightness but this comet is definitely one to look out for. ISON could be really spectacular!

Peter Stockinger has researched a discovery chart for the comet. He has also helpfully given us a diagram of the comet's movement through the constellations.

http://starsandstones.wordpress.com/201 ... omet-ison/

Traditional cometology or astrological delineation of comets developed long before the era of telescopes and required a visual sighting or 'apparition' of a comet. The visual appearance of the comet would play a key role in delineation. In addition a chart can be constructed for the prior new or full moon chart before the appearance of a comet.

If this comet lives up to expectations there will be a lot more discuss here in a few months.

You might also find this article interesting on the astronomy and astrology of comet ISON:

http://www.lunarplanner.com/Snippets/13.11-Comet-ISON/

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Tropical Ephemeris for ISON for the rest of 2013:

15. Nov: 14LI54
16. Nov: 17LI45
17. Nov: 20LI43
18. Nov: 23LI49
19. Nov: 27LI02
20. Nov: 00SC23
21. Nov: 03SC45
22. Nov: 07SC24
23. Nov: 11SC03 - * within orbit of Mercury
24. Nov: 14SC52
25. Nov: 18SC45
26. Nov: 22SC48
27. Nov: 27SC03
28. Nov: 01SG48 - * Perihelion 18.21 UT
29. Nov: 07SG35
30. Nov: 06SG35
1. Dec: 05SG41
2. Dec: 04SG45
3. Dec: 04SG12
4. Dec: 03SG34 - * beyond orbit of Mercury
5. Dec: 02SG58
6. Dec: 02SG24
7. Dec: 01SG52
8. Dec: 01SG21
9. Dec: 00SG50
10. Dec: 00SG19
11. Dec: 29SC49
12. Dec: 29SC18
13. Dec: 28SC46
14. Dec: 28SC12
15. Dec: 27SC37
16. Dec: 27SC00 - * beyond orbit of Venus
17. Dec: 26SC19
18. Dec: 25SC34
19. Dec: 23SC43
20. Dec: 23SC47
21. Dec: 22SC40
22. Dec: 21SC22
23. Dec: 19SC48
24. Dec: 17SC51
25. Dec: 15SC21
26. Dec: 12SC04 - * Perigee, closest to the Earth
27. Dec: 07SC34
28. Dec: 01SC06
29. Dec: 21LI19
30. Dec: 06LI08
31. Dec: 14LI02

Source: http://www.inner-sky.com/isonastrology.html
Go to this link for expected magnitude and other details.

Orbital motion: http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/orbits/epoxi1.html
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Excellent. Thanks a lot Andrew!

A lot of modern astrologers count the astrological degree the comet is perihelion the Sun. However, a method I have developed myself which |I prefer is using the date the comet is at its brightest visually from the earth. This fits in better with the ancient understanding of comets as visual phenomena. With many comets visible in both hemispheres there can be two degrees/dates for this.

Using either technique allows one to hone in on especially sensitive astrological degrees effected by the Comet. One can then compare this to eclipse charts and cross reference with the ingress charts and national charts.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Eyes-on ISON

I have got my eye on what turns up when ISON transits Mars in the chart of Norway at 9 Scorpio. Also when it oppoeses the MC at 28 Scorpio and enters into the 4th house of the National chart. T Uranus was conjunct Mars in this chart when Norway experienced the Bravo-blowout on April 22. 1977. And when T Pluto transit Mars I recall this had consequences for Norwegian weapon industry. Security in the North Sea is at a high level, but I will still be trying to monitor events when ISON transits Mars on Nov. 22.

Then the IC in the national chart of Norway seems to represent, amoung other things, the opposition party and it's leaders. A highly respected politician by the name of Rolf Presthus, it's years ago now, but suddenly suffered a stroke when amoung testimonies T Mars opposed the MC of the national chart. Transit Saturn made a station opposite the MC of Norway on May 7. 1985 and his Majesty's ship 'Norway' caught fire from some left overs of welding done the previous day. Transit ISON will oppose the MC in the chart of Norway on November 27. but then the Comet will be in the 4th house of the Norwegian chart for some time.

Halley's comet on the Sun of the national chart in May 1985 coincided with Norway's first victory in the Eurovision Song Contest with the song 'La det Svinge', which means 'Let it Swing' How's that for an expresion of eccentricity? 8)

Chart of Norway: Link

It is not fair to badger Mandela again, but after all the turmoil he has been through the last year I recall that peace was signified towards the end of the year November/December. It is true that the appearance of great comets have to do with the coming and going of great leaders - I can't think of a higher and more estemed leader than Mandela, and that is in pure humbelness and respect for his acheivements. But looking on other directions the example of Mark Twain should be included:
Wikipedia: In 1909, Twain is quoted as saying: "I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of my life if I don't go out with Halley's Comet. The Almighty has said, no doubt: 'Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together." His prediction was accurate?Twain died of a heart attack on April 21, 1910, in Redding, Connecticut, one day after the comet's closest approach to Earth.

...But looking on other directions the example of Mark Twain should be included:
Wikipedia: In 1909, Twain is quoted as saying: "I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of my life if I don't go out with Halley's Comet. The Almighty has said, no doubt: 'Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together." His prediction was accurate?Twain died of a heart attack on April 21, 1910, in Redding, Connecticut, one day after the comet's closest approach to Earth.
Strange. I remember Dr. J Allen Hynek saying the same thing (that he was born with the comet and would go out with the comet - perhaps he was familiar with Mark Twain). He was born May 1, 1910 and died in 1986. He came to Syracuse in April 1980 and did a lecture at Onondaga Community College. He was the project director for Project Blue Book USAF investigation of UFO phenomenon.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

The ISON effect

I got a puncture in one of my winter tyres on Saturday, which was the day ISON transit my ascendant. I had just driven 'My-Son' (the youngest) up to football training and put him off on a parking space covered with gravel. I often thought this was a poor patch for cars, and then this sharp stone about an inch cut straight though the rubber of my tyres. I immediately heard something was wrong and stopped the car to check, but all four wheels appeared to be intact. Then, after coming out from the shopping centre where I had picked up a bottle of wine, my left hand wheel at the front was completely flat. Fortunately, it was an easy job to change and took no more than 5-10 minutes.

Excuse the rather overdimensioned photo, but I've included it as an experiment, as I had already loaded it up onto Facebook. The Facebook presentation scales it down - but apparently not when showing the image again as a link. I definately blame the Comet for the puncture with the car. An analysis of the stone will probably reveal it stems from the comet tail....

Comets are reputed to create good wine years, but the bottle of wine was also a disaster, too, because it slipped out of its bag and then got smashed on the pavement. However, I had a new bottle today and I also bought the first bottle's big brother at twice the price, so everyone won in the end! :)

Magnus Carlsen became the World Champion in Chess on Nov 22. - the day when ISON transit Mars in the national chart of Norway. That is interesting from the perspective of Chess recently being defined as a sport. It is a bit a Battle of War, too, although from a mental perspective. The objective of the game is to out-maneuver the other military pieces, officers and ultimately conquer the opponents King by putting it in 'Check-mate".

I don't have Carlsen's birth date confirmed at the moment. I have been operating with sunrise chart and a hypothetical or rectified chart, but his team are all located mostly in my area and I will work on it when things calm down for them all.

from the perspective of Chess recently being defined as a sport.
I was an avid chess player once (albeit not a very good one) and I was interested in its history and whatever was written about it. I recall in one of those sometimes tedious articles written to define chess, is it an art or is it a game (?) a prominent player, whose name I do not recall said something like this. "It may start out as art but in the end it is an athletic contest."

Chess players work out to stay in top physical form in order to be mentally sharp and compete at the highest level for long hours. Think about it, when was the last time a world champion was fat or otherwise out of shape during his reign? The same is true for IGMs that are close to the top even if they didn't make it. They are all in good shape.

Thanks for the tips on improving my chess, Tom! ;)

I forgot to mention that my ascendant was 11SC30, which means that it got hit by the recent solar eclipse of Nov 3. For that reason I could have been due for some mischief when ISON transit that degree on Saturday. It would not be fair to give ISON alone the sole 'blame' for the puncture in the tyre, as it is seems more reasonable it triggered an effect lay latent from the solar eclipse. This would do nothing but agree with the understanding that the effects of eclipses appear when the other planets either before or later transit across this very same point of the sky.

I was monitoring for some sort of effect or signature from comet ISON as it transited the IC in the chart of Norway on Nov. 27. I reckon the weather has been freaky all over, but as far as Norway is concerned, and the 4th house relating to the weather of a nation, temperatures in the Oslo region rose from -5C to a maximum of +13,9C at its peak on Thursday.

The 4th house also signifiies the party in opposition to the sitting government. As ISON transit the IC, one of Labour's leading representatives, Jonas Gahr St?re, took a swing at his female counterpart, Minister of Finances, Siv Jensen. According to tradition the representatives were invited to a Ball at the Palace last night with a following nachspiel. St?re opened his questioning to the Finance Minister by thanking her for last night, "- or should we say this morning?" St?re added. This caused a lot of laughter in the hall, and whereupon St?re asked Siv Jensen for her immediate comment, "-Thank you, it was most pleasant," the Minister of Finances replied.

Sounds as if some swinging humor was present at the Norwegian House of Representatives. Or should we call it a Comet-Effect? What could be expected from a commet passing through the sign of Scorpio? ISON will spend some time in the 4th house in the chart of Norway and go retrograde from Dec 2. to oppose the MC in the chart of Norway again on Dec 13. What on Earth might appear from the cabinets on this occasion? I dare hardly guess... :)

ISON breaks up into pieces

ISON falls off it's throne as it breaks into pieces upon close encounter with the Sun. My first reaction was that is was broken and gone, like moving from being an actual celestial object to a hypothetical planet. If this were the case, then it's assumed orbit is still calculated into the future. Events that no longer existed? Will ISON not longer come back over the IC of the chart of Norway, and so on? At least I don't have to brace myself for another puncture in my tyres as it reapproaches my ascendant.

The Norwegian Newspaper Aftenposten summed the situation up beautifully when they wrote: "Comets have a nasty tendency to wander lonely in the ice cold dark and then burst like Trolls when they come up before the Sun."

What a vivid description that is!! It makes me wonder about the condition of a planet that is cazimi and within the Heart of the Sun. If the comet had been totally slooped up by the Sun, it would have been totally nulled out and reunited with its Maker. In terms of Mark Twain who came with Halley's Comet and expected to depart with it, what would have happened it the comet didn't return out into space, but simply disappeared into the Sun instead. Would he have died as he predicted or would there have been another Twain to catch?

ISON still raises some interesting questions. :)