I think the iterpretation to the event merely, is wronge as well as absolute out of the native's chart. But i must connect the event with it's owner (nativity's chart)
So, the right way is one way of variuose ways as, prpfiction, direction, solar return, lunar return, firdaries and so on ...
And the best thing is, if we mix more than one of that ways

But, if the question deliverd as a horary question, then we may iterpretate it as we dealt with the event

What is your opinion ?

This is the Solar retun and the Firdaia :

In this solar return, Mars retun's to his house (aries) and Venus returns to cnjunct the origional Venus
These two planets are for more reason, one of that reasons they are the firdaria
On the other hand, Venus is the plnet of the job as she the doriforos plant (in front of the Sun)
And Venuse as she is known the planet of creation, desire, art and so on ...
While Mars is the plant of power and motion
beside them there's mercury the plant of cleverness is at the same place in both charts

Venus cocerns the 11th house (gaining, weshes) and the the 4th house (happiness)
And Mars concern the 10th house (job,wide fame) and the 5th house (creation)

So, this year (2013) is the year of fame and creation utill (2014)

Yes, there's malefics ,but that may loosses delay or suffering through his objects not cancel them
But, what kind of creation is ?

I may continue ...

I think the interpretation to the event merely, is wrong as well as absolute out of the native's chart. But i must connect the event with it's owner (nativity's chart)
I so completely agree. I wanted to point out this very thing as I was sensing nothing(since your original post) in your reasoning to do with the natal chart. Everyone present at an event chart is going to experience differently, and so theoretically(as well as practically in my astrology) the event chart can only have a similar effect on everyone present if specific conditions that I imagine are somewhat theoretical to me at the present, are existing in the event chart. Commonalities...
So, the right way is one way of various ways as, prpfiction, direction, solar return, lunar return, firdaries and so on ...
And the best thing is, if we mix more than one of that ways
yes, multiple predictive methods should allow one to filter the correct answer.
But, if the question delivered as a horary question, then we may interpretate it as we dealt with the event
What is your opinion ?
I don't know how to read horary, so trying to read it as a horary, when there is no horary question, except maybe somehow some unspoken cosmological question, or even perhaps a question spoken that I did not become aware of. ... If somehow it could be a horary question, we don't have the question, so the answer is then like a famous book: The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything = 42. As given by a giant computer with 10 million years to figure it out. Then they have to build the Earth to figure out what the Question is and let it run for millions of years.

1st - the natal
2nd - the event around the natal
3rd, 4th, 5th, etc - other time fractals of the event around the natal

I have been intrigued by the notion of the event chart itself having houses though, and the transit planets being in houses of their own...
that sounded new, or even novel to me.

What i intend by horary question is to clear the adifference between horary and event one.

Again to the eventual chart, some one considers the event question and deals with it as a natal chart, but why he does so ?
He does so, because the event is as the native, both of them are events and natives at the same time
However, every thing is existed in life has a root, an essential and a background, as the character in drama, or as the negative paper to the photo, or as the chart of
a building.

Here, we have the event of the child, and through the previouse concept, it may be true to consider that event as a natal one, and the lunar chart befor that event
(convintional, receptional) is as a background to it. Or we can consider the 12th house as the backgound because it is represents the past of the eventlnative and
this is a ptlomy way hence He begins his interpretation so
To support this point, from a common speech : He who has'nt a past, has'nt a presence

But, i think using the natal chart and it's one or more pridictional ways (as you said), the most safety astrological road to walk, and the last chart was an exampl of this
And the example of the event as a native so we return to the chart of event especially, we note that the 12th house is libra with an arial nature, and the lord of it is Venus (creation, art) conjuncts Mercury (cleverness) at cancer (fruitfull, immagination) at the 9th house (knowledge) and it's lord (Moon) at the 2th house (materials) , and cancer at the 9th that means a creation and wide immagination of unclear things
So, the background of the child is suitable to be so now, especially Venus is the lord of firdaria
Upon this base or background (creation) of the child we can build more variouse things