Will I adopt a child?

Hello!

I think the chart reflects my question pretty good. But I would say a NO is the answer to my qeustion.

First, Asc. is Aquarius --> Saturn is me.

My significator is Saturn and Moon ( Saturn represents, the thinking self, while Moon is more about my emotional state, emotional self)
Significator of the child is the Sun.

Saturn is placed in the 8th house. Here, Saturn being retrograde and accidentally debilitated in the 8th. So a weak situation for me.

Children are a 5th house matter, where we find Sun conjunct Jupiter. I am not sure what Jupiter represents here. Legal standing?

Both are in Gemini, so detriment and peregrine.

The Moon in the 7th shows change of partnership or ownership but squaring the Sun, which indicates delay, hindrance and some sort of difficulties.

I also would look at Venus, considering this is a relationship question.

Venus is in the 6th house, again peregrine, but in conjunction with Mercury and sextile Moon. So lots of work and communication is needed or wasted.

Considering the amout of weak planets (Saturn, Sun, Jupiter, Venus) I would rather say the answer is a NO.

A child one's planning to adopt would be a 11th house matter because it's someone else's, not yours(the 5th).

Jupiter combust in the 5th, the issues concerning partnership (the Sun rules the 7th) makes it hard/impossible to achieve.
Or perhaps it is some legal matter, the Sun being the natural ruler of authorities here representing "the opposition".

Saturn will turn direct on 9th July, you'll probably change your mind about this and give up the idea. It's cadent/retrograde/peregrine/out of domain - sect/in via combusta anyway, so I'd say this is "too big" for you, at least for the time being.

The Moon in the 8th sign and exactly on the cusp of the mundane 8th house(Alchabitius) again emphasizes worry/fear bit also possible money issues involved.

The Moon's application to Venus and her committing of disposition to a slower than average Mercury(the final receiver of the Moon's disposition) in the cadent/weak/bad 6th speaks against the probability of adoption. All the more so because he's also the Moon's ruler, the ruler of the IC(both signifying end of the matter) as well as a lord of the preceding SAN and the ruler of the entire chart(almuten).

It's overall weakness/slowness is harming the matter and it will probably disperse the hopes of achieving it - especially around 27 June when he'll be in his first station and turn retrograde.

Goran
Last edited by cor scorpii on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
http://7heavenastrology.wordpress.com
http://klasicnaastrologija.wordpress.com

Curious question that: "Will I adopt a child?" What comes to mind immediately is the usual adoption process in the West whereby a couple take on the responsibility of raising a child. Adoption agencies will invariably only contemplate couples as prospective adopters. But then the natural question would be, "Will we adopt a child?"

Is there perhaps a difference in view between you and your partner on this matter?

Thanks for the answers!
Adopted child would be a 11th house matter because it's someone else's, not yours(the 5th).
I disagree. In natal chart etc. you would be right. But in horary children are a 5th house issue and it doesn't matter if they are yours or others.

Is there perhaps a difference in view between you and your partner on this matter?
No, there is no partner.

What kind of house system do you people use?

At the time of asking this question, the child is not yours but some one's else. Since this some one is not defined we have to take 7th house for any odd (not old :) ) person and 11th house (5th from 7th) for a child which you intend to adopt. Once a child has been adopted. S/he would become your 5th house matter.

For further clarification

Christian Astrology by William Lilly
Martial Art of Horary Astrology by Lee Lehman
The Text Book of Horary Astrology by John Frawley.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

I looked up Austrian adoption law and a curious fact emerged. Unlike most countries, Austria has kept the "contract" method of adoption, where adopter and adoptee must enter into a legal contract, rather than adoption by decree, where a court decides on the preponderance of evidence whether an adoption should take place, which is what happens in most countries now.

This would make the adoptee - the child - 7th house, as it will enter into a legal contract with the adopter, 1st house.

The Sun rules the 7th house and is in the 5th house of children, or even more particularly, the querent's children. That the significator of the quesited is in an appropriate house, has face so is not peregrine and is conjunct the greater benefic Jupiter might be enough....?

Morpheus wrote:At the time of asking this question, the child is not yours but some one's else. Since this some one is not defined we have to take 7th house for any odd (not old :) ) person and 11th house (5th from 7th) for a child which you intend to adopt. Once a child has been adopted. S/he would become your 5th house matter.

For further clarification

Christian Astrology by William Lilly
Martial Art of Horary Astrology by Lee Lehman
The Text Book of Horary Astrology by John Frawley.
I agree with your opinion that the child is signified by the 11th before the adoption and by the 5th after it.

But as to your references I doubt that
1 Lilly should have said something on adoption, and
2. Lilly had used "the 7th house for any odd (not old :) ) person". To the best of my remembrance Lilly uses the 1st house for absent people who had no relation to the querent.

If I'm wrong please let me know by giving the page or a quotation.
Thank you, Morpheus

Johannes
Last edited by johannes susato on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geoffrey wrote:I looked up Austrian adoption law and a curious fact emerged. Unlike most countries, Austria has kept the "contract" method of adoption, where adopter and adoptee must enter into a legal contract, rather than adoption by decree, where a court decides on the preponderance of evidence whether an adoption should take place, which is what happens in most countries now.
This is not quite correct because also in Austria after six months a court's decision is necessary for the contract to endure.
And only an adoptee older than 14 yeers can 'contract' at all.

Johannes

Johannes,

First part of my post was my 'opinion' based on experience/general study and I was not quoting any author in that part. In the second part I wrote the names of books for general study of horary astrology.

My sarcasm relating to odd/old person is directed at p.21 of Horary Text Book by John Frawley. And I quote the relevant portion
...The 7th shows those of greatest significance to us; it shows those of least. It is the house of 'any old person':anyone who does not belong to any other houses.

Horary existed before and after the times of Lilly. But I see that you only find Lilly worth quoting. 8)

No author including Lilly has achieved the level where I quote them as a final arbiter :) . If I want to include the name of the author who has made the detailed study of Houses, then my apologies for neglecting to add in the list

The Houses: Temples of the Sky by Deborah Houlding.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/