Greek government closes National Broadcaster down

Today, Greek government announced its decision for closing Greece's National Broadcaster, ERT.
What German 1940 occupation and 1967 Military Regime failed or missed to do, is done today by a supposingly democratic government.
It was announced at 6pm o'clock News and by 11.30pm police forces had seized down the signal -WE HAVE NO NATIONAL TV NOR RADIO AT THE MOMENT!- going further to drag the employees out of the building.
I am sorry for not making any astrological comments at the moment. I just wanted to mark this moment down.
I am very upset about this decision, it feels like a coup...

Georgia

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by geo on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

here is the prelunation chart for Athens.
See how it fits the event chart by. And what about that ALgol on DC....?
Mercury, prelunation Ruler AND natural media ruler, is in partile square to Uranus (it was a shock!)

I really don't know what to think of this decision. It is as though they try to attrack people's riot. In a similar way perhaps to neighbour Turkey. Strange days.

Hello Georgia,

Gosh. That must have come as quite a shock. The media is a pivotal part of any culture and to have such an important part of it disappear like this in an instant seems very brutal whatever the financial reasons.

Incidentally, I have researched a new chart for modern Greece which I think works extremely well. I am not aware of seeing it suggested in the astrological community before. Interestingly, the chart has the same ASC/DESC degree as your pre-lunation chart.

More on that later....

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

hey geo,

i am sorry to hear this. i know in canada the right wing agenda seems to be to want to get rid of public broadcasting and privatize it all.. i wonder how much this is happening in other countries. i was unable to find an inception chart for the radio station 1938 beginning..

mark - share the tentative chart for greece when you feel so inclined..

thank you for your support.

yes james, in Greece's case it appears to be a veryy right wing case as well.
The decision was taken by just one part (the right wing-if that means for the other two) of the triplet government, without vote by the chamber (!!!). They are planning to bring a new law for voting today, regarding that new "shorter, costless and incorruptible" broadcaster of theirs, which is "hopefully' going to start in 3 months time!! The other two parts of the government have declared they are not voting it, but the extreme right wing (see nazi) will. Still, they won't manage a majority. And they know it. And that's what worries me. Is it just to scare the employees off and then compromise? Is it to provoke left vs right wing street conflicts? Or is it just our being 'DAS EXPERIMENT' for the full capitalisation of a welfare state?
i know in canada the right wing agenda seems to be to want to get rid of public broadcasting and privatize it all.. i wonder how much this is happening in other countries.
I heard that it is a major preelection promise of the opposition party in Australia.

@mark
I have the feeling it also fits the 1974 chart (cancer emphasis), but i don't have much time at the moment

bye bye i am going to protest

Prime minister Samaras blackmails the other two parties of the coalition, that they either vote for the decision or it's elections. I wonder if it is the country's destabilisation what they're after.
Mercury also rules MC and next aspects 7H ruler, venus, in 8H of death. Whatever that means.

here is Greece's Aries Ingress 2013

Mercury natural ruler of media and 3H lord, is in fall & exile between Neptune & Chiron: totally sacrificed. Could its reception with Jupiter -international media in our case- be of any help? Indeed, EBU (European Broadcasting Union) has been very supporting, both morally and technically, providing transmitter and sattelite signal.

Still, what's astonishing in this chart is the tight conjuction of Uranus-MC (same degree + minute!) with MArs
according to http://www.skyscript.co.uk/ingresses.html
Uranus
- has a general influence over rioting and outbreaks of political tension. Right-wing political ideas, free-market enterprise, fascism, and the urge towards individualism. It rules separation, scientific breakthroughs and discoveries, explosions, anarchy and nihilism.
This powerfull by sign and position Mars-Uranus-MC triplet -the government- also tightly squares the Moon -common people- totally helpless and isolated in 12H.

Interestingly, it is the same Uranus-Cancer planets square repeated in the event chart.

I believe that through ERT's shutting down they are trying to provoke tension and left vs right wing polarity in society.

I feel ungry, sad and captured like that 12H moon.

Georgia

......but STILL CLOSED!!!

Greek government keeps ignoring the State Council's decision, playing the fool & doubting the actual meaning of the words of the judgement (!!!)

These people are VIOLATING DEMOCRACY, LAW AND HUMAN RIGHTS

here's the chart, were you interested