example of midpoints in action

the time for jody arias is rated AA at astrodatabank.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Arias,_Jodi

here is an overview on the media circus and general details around her involvement in the murder of travis alexander via wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Travis_Alexander

here is her chart 360

image url upload

here is her chart on a 45 degree wheel

image upload without registration

sun/moon midpoint is 28 gemini 57

mars in her natal chart is at 29 virgo 14.. this happens to be approx 135 to her ascendant, which in turn is 45 degrees away from the same sun/moon midpoint. mars is therefore approx 90 degrees away from the sun/moon midpoint, a midpoint considered most important in so far as it brings together the energies of the sun and moon the 2 lights of the chart. having mars by hard aspect on this midpoint suggests someone who is more given over to using martial energy to bring together the energies implied by the sun and moon.

the time of the murder is approx 5:30 pm june 4th 2008.
there are a number of astro connections from the event chart that go back to jodys mars or mars/ascendant 135 in her natal, most noticeably mars at 14 leo 28 - square her ascendant within a degree, 45 degree her natal mars and sun/moon midpoint and sitting directly on her natal moon/pluto midpoint which is tied into the sun/moon midpoint and mars/ascendant as well at 14 leo 48. the ongoing and slow transit of pluto to all of this would have been quite active during the preceding time of the murder as well.

the solar arc directions to jody's chart at this moment in time highlight this same midpoint complex with sa sun at 13 leo 56.. the previous year would have sa pluto at 14 scorpio 39 as jody has a sun/pluto square in her chart as well..

perhaps one could just consider her natal chart with the 2 malefics mars and saturn in a loose conjunction in the 5th house area potentially indicative of a love relationship good bad..

for me the usefulness of midpoints in giving more insight into a chart whether one uses them to understand a natal chart better, or to understand how some of the predictive methods that astrologers enjoy working with help throw more light on the changing dynamics is very clear. this is hindsight astrology 101.. back testing different techniques is a necessary requirement if one is going to consider using any of these particular techniques.

There's a lot of points when including midpoints:((A+B)/2) The salient ones can get lost like a tree in a forest.

13 points + 78 midpoints with what's on your sample chart. (Ignoring the Part of Fortune.)

And then mad astrologers, come along :) and add more points, with an ever increasing amount of midpoints. I'm up to 255 midpoints after I include uranian TNPs, and asteroids are pesky...

Aries Point=Mars

Mars/Hades(29le30) = Hopi(0aq33)
Murder by stabbing

seems a little wide orbed, we will find excuses to draw in this midpoint tree. There will be more branches on it...

I imagine the midpoints 1st, which is one way of not blowing your chart apart. We need ways to cope with the extra information, or it won't help us, it will confuse us, waste our time, and lure us to create many formulas on many many axis. A discussion on coping strategies for too much information would be enviable.

(I have an initial preference to subtract about 3 minutes +/- 1.5 minutes) the 13th degree of Taurus looks like a suitable AS but it will need some backing because image symbols are messy. I'd like to include some text from this degree if we can verify it.

EDIT - from here down I previously used the wrong event year. With the correct year, it gains predictability. IMO. IF the time I adjusted to proved correct, it would stand out easily. I've lost track of how many event I see using this exact predictive framework.

MA/HA=UR
MAR URA HAD ? ? ? Sudden mean deeds. Sudden damage or death by weapons or other objects. Attempted murder. Death through injuries. Vulgar acts. Sudden destruction. Murder and homicide. Death by accident. Excitement, or loss producing activities. War atrocities. Murder. Suicide
and then the transit, as it often does, triggers this tree:
The transit Sun = MA/HA=UR=SU/AS=MC/ZE=NO
(I'm using -4 minutes from the AA time now.)

Uranian astrology is particularly good at particular things, I would totally use it for a murder.

We could have the progressed AS activating this area, waiting for that transit
22-30 listing:
pAS(7-07)=tSU(7-11)=rMA/HA(7-00)=rUR(6-41)=rNO(6-49)
&
probably=rMC/ZE =rSU/AS
the angles are always involved or it is not personal.
SUN ASC ? ? Personal salutation or greetings. Making acquaintances. Connections. Meeting acquaintances. Personal relationships. Physical relations to other people.
Last edited by Ariondys on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ariondys wrote:There's a lot of points when including midpoints:((A+B)/2) The salient ones can get lost like a tree in a forest.
when using midpoints, it helps to have less points to consider and to prioritize the ones you are using.

Ariondys wrote: I imagine the midpoints 1st, which is one way of not blowing your chart apart. We need ways to cope with the extra information, or it won't help us, it will confuse us, waste our time, and lure us to create many formulas on many many axis. A discussion on coping strategies for too much information would be enviable.
i think it is necessary to get a feel for the overall chart before considering midpoints. the way to cope with too much information is to lessen the amount of information.. the angles along with sun and moon are going to be primary considerations to any chart.

on another note - wittes hypothetical planets - hades and etc have never been found and many 'uranian astrologers' have dropped the use of them. i think that is one distinction that separates ebertin's approach from that of witte..

I had to fix my post. I used the wrong event year :?
if I can go on in my usual mode and get more Arias astrology (not necessarily midpoints in action but more Arias specific)

I'm looking at Uranus being square the 5th cusp.
Is this a recognized natal aspect? I've never seen a cookbook do up these.
Or Node conjunct the 5th cusp.

tNO opposite rNO... Doesn't this describe something about Arias?
Converse transits have something to say here. converse transit MA,NO, and MO make a grand square around the Node-5th (with ctMA conj rUR)
and
converse solar return(SU conj MA)
the converse srPL conjunt NO (1')
the converse srNE square ME (1')

ctMA/HA = rAS <---danger of being murdered, also danger of other people being murdered
ctHA = AS+AS-UR <--- to make oneself responsible for the ugly deeds of others

Would a mental illness defence play out better if the jury knew that solar arc Neptune was opposite her Sun... or perhaps rephrased as converse progressed SU opposite NE?

conventional precession corrected tropical solar return:

put this around a radix and progress it (+&- 21h 45m)
besides the aspects PL makes to the AS, JU to the 8th, you might notice srMA/ZE = rMC
MA/ZE - firearm

...the promised image symbol

13th Degree Taurus

First Image, Outer Symbol

At the left, a dog with a bone in its mouth is being chased by another dog. At the right, two quarrelling females exchanging insults are about to slap each other.

Interpretation

This is a degree of 'egoistic possession', according to Janduz. This is certainly true on the low physical level. As so often happens in the sign of Taurus, the symbols shows the negative marks of the fixed cross (Tau.-Le.-Sc.-Aq.). People with this Ascendant always want to quarrel, and deliver the death-blow (Sc.) either with words or with hands (neg. Ge. fore-axis of Tau.). There is no positive thinking (Sag.); they lack any generosity (Le.) and make no attempt to understand others (Aq.).

The achetypal way of female quarrels of the primitive Taurus-kind is to tear out hair (symbols of Aq.) and bang the opponent on the head (Ar. hind-axis of Tau.), so that all energy (Ar.) is used up tearing apart any links of sympathy (Li.). Thus these people show jealousy (sc.), and are always defending their supposed rights and possessions (Tau.). For objective information (Ge.) and for anything that really matters, they have neither ear(Cap.) nor understanding eye(Aq.). People who quarrel and hurl words at each other have no awareness of their own reflex actions. Only after the fight is over may there be some reflection. They are not at peace (Tau.) with their situation. Their irony is biting (the dogs in the image);their sarcasm is poisonous. They poison their atmosphhere with slanderous talk about the suspected love-affairs of all and sundry, and often they are dangerous rivals.(Sc.).

On the low physical level and emotional level, there is not a great deal of good to say about this degree, especially with the Moon, Mars or Saturn here. However, with the Sun, Venus or Jupiter, this degree may be elevated. For everybody with this degree prominent, there is a lesson to learn. There is the soul development of the fixed cross, and this Taurus degree is an essential one in this respect. These people have to learn the will for self-control (Le.), and transform their intense dislikes (Sc.) into a higher understanding of other people's motives (Aq.). Then they may become a blessing when they speak (G.) out of inner conviction (Sag.), and from a true prophetic vision for the future (Tau.). they may discern the false from the good, and help correct the bad habits and attitudes of those who offend their Creator. Then their biting sarcasm becomes a blessing and they may be furthering the Kingdom of Peace by chasing the false 'dogs' amongst us. Thus there is a tremendous depth in this image.

Second Image, Inner Symbol

A porter is cheerfully balancing a mountain of baggage.

Interpretation

This ancient Sabian symbol was picked up by Marc Jones and Rudhyar as a typical scene of the first half of the twentieth century. It is one of the limitations of any interpreter of symbols, that he projects them into scenes of his own circumstances or culture, assuming that these last for ever. Here is a good example of an ancient symbol seen in the guise of a twentieth-century custom that is virtually non-existent now. Porters carrying luggage for travellers are a thing of the past. However, as long as the earth keeps its force of gravity, there will be people carrying other people's parcels. Whether they are slaves or the free servants of a Higher Master, the symbol is the same: one of cheerfully balancing the burdens of others on one's own shoulders. Here the second image (certainly the inner answer) is the reverse of the first image of egoistic possession. Again we can see all the elements of the fixed cross: the command of the spirit (Le.) over heavy matter (Tau.), transforming and lifting it (Sc.) for others, into a new space (Aq.).

Also present is the fore-axis Gemini-Sagittarius, which is the indication for Taurus as to the direction in which the Higher Self can develop. The hind-axis Aries-Libra is here as well. With muscular energy (Ar.) the burden can be balanced (Li.) by the porter, who by the use of his intellect (Ge.) and by placing the burden on his shoulder (Ge.) with joyful acceptance (Sag.), can be completely confident (Sag.) that this will give the simple effect of movement (Ge.). Those who are on the move for others are always cheerful and optimistic, and a simple blessing to their environment just the opposite of the first image!
Last edited by Ariondys on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

you got COSI, by Reinhold Ebertin for example:

MA/UR
Socialogical correspondence: Violent people, fighters for freedom, revolutionaries.

= MC - An inflexible character, the desire for independence, a person " putting the pistol to someone's head", an act of violence, extra-ordinary achievements. - The execution of drastic and violent measures, injury, accident, operations.

if MA gave ME/JU a negative spin:
Pyschological correspondences
- Frivolity, wantonness or micheivousness, absent-mindedness, want of foresight and prudence, unreliability, exaggerated representations (bluff), tactlessness, self-conceit or arrogance.

Sociological correspondences
business men, scientists, orators.

then you have to blend in the SU/MO with ME/JU
and you (I have no idea how this works)82,000 emails (21 months time) to your SU/MO (sociological correspondence - boyfriend/girlfriend)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/3 ... uote]Court records indicate that the couple exchanged 82,000 emails.[/quote]
Last edited by Ariondys on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heliacal rising star: Alhena (3 days earlier) born with a strong sense of purpose, talent for speaking out
Heliacal setting star: Ras Algethi (0 days earlier) dealing with questions of ethics, morals and social justice

Altair Culminating, 0?20' - warrior class, bold and independent, who wants to live life by their wits. Need to express bold, brave, daredevil energy in one's daily life. To love a challenge.

Al Rescha Rising, 0?28' everyday need to bring things together
Capella Rising, 0?35' free spirited, independent

Stars Rising ("Stars of Your Youth")
Sun Arcturus (Cul-Rise, 0?23') a spirit of adventure, willing to explore unheard-of options
Moon Alpheratz (LCul-Rise, 0?15') to be self-contained/loner, to be capable of taking actions which are contra to one's culture.
Venus Denebola (Cul-Rise, 0?18') to challenge accepted social opinions
Venus Mirach (LCul-Rise, 0?27') a person who knows how to use beauty to influence others, beauty or the vamp
Mars Alkes (Rise-Rise, 0?19') to take action to achieve and protect one's ideals
Jupiter Zosma (Rise-Rise, 0?03') dealing with the victim in oneself or others, Angel of Mercy
Neptune Saturn (LCul-Rise, 0?13') mundane square
Pluto Sirius (LCul-Rise, 0?03',alh) obsession with details, stripping something down to its basic parts
Mean Node Zuben Elgenubi (Cul-Rise, 0?33') eye for fashion

Ariondys wrote:I had to fix my post. I used the wrong event year :?

hey! using a zillion midpoints is one thing! using the wrong date is going to give you even more, LOL!
Ariondys wrote: I'm looking at Uranus being square the 5th cusp.
Is this a recognized natal aspect? I've never seen a cookbook do up these.
Or Node conjunct the 5th cusp.

depends on which house system one uses, LOLOL! these dynamics could happen for an extended period of time, especially if you decided to change house systems!
Ariondys wrote: tNO opposite rNO... Doesn't this describe something about Arias?
i think it does. the nodal axis is of 'the moon' and must be tied into this importance and that it is the ruler of her sun. i would be paying more attention to the obvious square between uranus and her nodal axis with uranus on the 7th house cusp.. this is re-emphasized in the murder transit chart and surprise surprise - this is about a relationship that went wrong, drove her crazy, is bizarre/''luna''tic and more.. getting one's needs met seems conflicted, especially in the relationship dept.

I would be paying more attention to the obvious square between uranus and her nodal axis with uranus on the 7th house cusp...
well, in this cookbook squares are pretty obviously malefic, but given that caveat:
Uranus square Node indicated disrespect for the traditions of society. Many of these people deliberately scorn social customs in order to assert individualism.

I really barely slowed enough to notice what was in what sign or what house. It's probably the 1st thing one can learn to stop trying to notice when one is interested in learning midpoint. Assuming one got a dose of contemporary astrology before one discovered mipdpoints.

Uranus in the 7th - Provokes exciting and novel relationships which are apt to be short-lived especially if Uranus is adversely aspected.

I think we're missing something though. I saw Jodi on TV, apparently it was unavoidable; I didn't notice it as being an astrology task. However I didn't quite gather from that or skimming wiki and astroblogs and stuff. There must've been a good reason for the media circus. Something out there, far away mysterious energies.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/04/us/jodi-arias-primer
Fascination
If you didn't realize before, you probably see now why the case has drawn a cult following of sorts. It's rife with sex, lies and digital images, many of them naughty, and the dueling attorneys are lively -- nay, bombastic -- in their arguments.
Finding the centaur or astronomically real TNP that might fill in this missing "I don't know what" could be a chore.

Asbolus - 21le07 (conjunct North Node)
Nessus - 19cn26 (loosely conjunct Sun)
Ixion - 12sc40 (conjunct Descendant)

Ixion might be what I was thinking to find.

http://www.zanestein.com/keywords.html#Asbolus
preacher, magician. the eagle and the serpent. dreams, mist, fog. clairvoyancy. clinking glass beads. penetrating, profundity. abyss. blindness. hiding, secrets. mystery, conspiracy. taboo, sin, confession. torment, punishment, anguish. bewilderment, bleeding hearts. the light that shines in the darkness. oven, igneous, ash and smoke. fusion, alchemy, density. the mysteries of blood

Asbolus is serious, intense, humorless, dedicated, strident, motivated, fearful, unsettling, bitter, caustic, foggy, and acerbic, and brings about ordeals and pessimism; it signifies conspiracy, mystery and oppression, the drive for accomplishment, the need for reputation and acclaim, for self-realization because of deeds done; on the one hand, impeccability in action, solidness and consistency, the ability to take compliments; on the other, reckless regard for reputation, lack of integrity, inability to take compliments.
http://www.zanestein.com/keywords.html#Nessus
- Nessus connection to strong, powerful emotions, affects, passions and jealousy reveal a relation between Nessus and Pluto
- Nessus is probably the strongest Centaur among the first three
- the feeling to do something "righteous" even if it's cruel (assassins often think so) and totally inhuman, blind fanaticism
http://www.zanestein.com/keywords.html#Ixion[quote]The transgressor, rule breaker, going beyond social morality of the moment, rage against God, Geneticist, Genetic abominations, alchemical mutation, exploring creation (as in science) without feeling. Being the father of the centaurs reveals the role of most of the centaurs is to radically transmute present reality, the challenge being to respect God enough to co-create, lessons only learnt from getting fingers burnt though. Nature on a higher turn of the spiral, where man C0-creates.

Extreme Freedom, the refusal to accept limitations on your goals. Liberation in a more positive sense but also Despotism in a more negative sense. Taking power rather than being passively given it by others.[/quote]http://www.lunarplanner.com/asteroids-d ... Ixion.html
IIxion, in Greek mythology, was a descendent of (the firey god) Ares and was king of the Lapiths (a race) in Thessaly (late 14th Century B.C. ). Ixion deliberately renigged on his agreement to pay King Eioneus of Thrace for his daughter, the princess Dia's hand in marriage. In lieu of payment, Eioneus stole Ixion's mares. Ixion, in his rage and retaliation, plotted against his father-in-law, King Eioneus, inviting him to a feast at Larissa and killing him by pushing him into a pit of burning coals. From this, it is said that Ixion was the first human to shed kindred blood. Ixion was then exiled for his deed.

Ixion may include issues of trust and betrayal, where miss-deeds are forgiven, but which occur again, perhaps in vicious cycle, much like a woman who forgives an abusive husband only to be abused again the following day. It may also express as lust and desire for wealth and power.

Keep in mind, Ixion's role is just beginning to be explored in the astrological community. Myth and astrological placements at the time of discovery only lend insight into the true nature of a newly discovered planet or asteroid. Only time-tested research will reveal Ixion's true astrological influence.
http://markandrewholmes.com/ixion.html[ ... ologically, Ixion signifies busy-ness, workaholism, lust to acquire or possess, materialism and its consequences, lack of appreciation or gratitude, to take things for granted, being on a treadmill, being without regrets, being harmed by one's own creations or ingenuity or through something artificial, hubris, karma, rediscovering something simpler, strength through joy, creating trouble, creating change, lust for life, charisma, inventiveness, ingenuity, having one's mistakes or evil take on a life of their own, passing problems down through the generations, "breaking eggs in order to make omelets", "taking the tiger by the tail."[/quote]http://www.philipsedgwick.com/[quote]Father of the Centaurs, and not a particularly nice fellow. Orbital Period: 246.78 yr.
Positive - understands karmic wheel, gives and uses a second chance, discerning
Negative - lustful, inconsiderate, inclined to repeat errors, learns nothing from experience
Mundane - second efforts and chances, reset buttons, cloud seeding, study of weather, watching clouds, lust or coveting of another's mate
Ceremonial - rain dances, purging fires, seeking master healers[/quote]

Ariondys wrote:
I think we're missing something though.
hi ariondys,

i believe an ongoing acknowledgement of this offers an ongoing opportunity to learn. i think there is a saying from the tao teh ching that goes something like 'those who think they know- don't', but don't quote me, lol..