Will I be offered the Job?

I have a pending job interview and decided to do a horary on the issue.

Q: Will I be offered the Job?

To say I am rusty on horary is putting it mildly! I will put the chart up and offer a few observations. I am using Equal house system.
I Querant: Lord 1 =Venus
2 Employer: Lord 10 =Moon
3 Competitors: Lord 7=Mars

The Moon applies to Venus by square. So perfection occurs but after some difficulty? Venus is angular and trines the ASC. Mars is Rx and in detriment in Libra.

My difficult financial circumstances are reflected by Saturn in the 2nd. This job will actually pay initially less than my current one. However, it offers are lot more security and in the longer term a higher salary.

Its a concern that the employer is represented by a detrimented Moon in Scorpio. Interestingly, though it falls in my 1st house.

Questions:

Does Mars in the 1st favour or weaken me? As a malefic Mars is close to my ASC and rising by diurnal motion. Does this indicate my job competitors damaging/weakening me? On the other hand I have heard Ben Dykes say that Lord 7 in the 1st means one is capturing ones opponent. There is no aspectual connection between the Moon and Mars. Indeed they are in aversion by whole signs. Since Mars is RX its not actually applying to the MC. Plus Mars is in its sign of fall in Cancer. Still, Mars does receive the Moon. Quite possibily indicating the ability of Lord 7 to influence the employer?

Of course Mars is also Lord 2 here so I suppose some of the financial sacrifice this post entails could be reflected on the effect of that debilitated Mars in the 1st.

The Moon applies to a trine of a dignified Jupiter in Cancer. But what is this presenting here? Perhaps the employer selecting a very strong candidate?

Does the general idea of the Moon as a co-significator for the querant get dropped as the Moon is also Lord 10 here?

I am finding it quite hard to make a clear judgement here. There seem to be some contradictory indicators. But maybe that is just a reflection of my general lack of experience in horary for several years. Do others see this in a more clear cut way?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hi Mark, it's over a week since you drew up the chart. First of all the chart is radical as it is in the hour of Mercury and a night chart which is good. With the Moon square Venus in 6 deg. I thought maybe you would be offered the job by now. I get the Moon as the Quesited fairly often and I always feel that to be a good sign, as the Moon represents you ALSO. Something like "the job is yours" sort of thing. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that way of course. Could the job be involved with working from home at all? If so Venus all alone in house 4 says something? I would think also that Moon trine a good placed Jupiter can only be good for both you and the possible employer. On the Moon and Mars in house 1 which reflects the psychology of the querant I would say you were both ambitious and a wee bit emotional when drawing the chart. I hope you are successful Mark and I think you will get the job. If you don't I have an overgrown garden that needs some attention.

Stan

Hi Mark:

Usually it's when the lord of the 10th is in the 1st it is a strong indication for getting the job. In this chart the Moon is in another sign and a good distance from the Asc. A strong indication of someone else getting the job is the Moon aspecting Jupiter before it squares your ruler Venus.

You may want to count your blessings. Mercury rules 11th house, the job's money, is very weak.

kali

Kali wrote:
Usually it's when the lord of the 10th is in the 1st it is a strong indication for getting the job.
In this chart the Moon is in another sign and a good distance from the Asc.
I still regard the Moon as in the 1st by sign division. Much as I like whole sign houses for natal I dont trust them for horary.

Kali wrote:
A strong indication of someone else getting the job is the Moon aspecting Jupiter before it squares your ruler Venus.
I thought of that interpretation myself too as I stated above. Unless of course you count the Moon as my co-significator? If not then maybe this chart is quite straighforward.

Kali wrote:
You may want to count your blessings. Mercury rules 11th house, the job's money, is very weak.
I am unhappy in my current role so I will take this post if its offered. I feel like I am in a real rut. Yes I already mentioned about my poor financial incentive to take the job. Saturn in the 2nd and Lord 2 Rx and in detriment.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Okay. I'm still very much learning horary, but I'll tell you what I'm seeing. For the record, I read all charts with whole sign houses exclusively, though I do pay close attention to the MC-IC axis.

I'm not too worried about the lord of the 7th in the 1st - I also interpret that as the enemy being at your mercy. The problem I see with the application of the Moon to your significator is it hits Jupiter first. Based on the applications I'd say that it will appear that you're going to receive the job, but somebody related to the 3rd or 6th house ruled by Jupiter will end up with it. Without knowing more details of the situation it's hard to speculate who this might be. Being positioned in the 10th, perhaps an insider?

Hopefully my judgment is erroneous. All the best luck!

The Moon, ruler of the tenth house, is 23 degrees from trining the sixth house Sun, so 23 could be significant for the timing of something with creative freedom being offered to you, something that uses talents special to you. So maybe you will be offered some sort of freelance or consulting work that you really enjoy, something unexpected that happens later on.

I know almost nothing about horary. This was just an observation.

I don't understand via combusta, but isn't a 6 degree Scorpio Moon in that? Not having any experience of horary, I don't know how to interpret that, though on an initial level things might not look so great maybe. Yet something may come out of it in the end, from some contact you make. The Moon completes a grand trine with the Sun and Midheaven when it progresses timewise to the end of Scorpio. Maybe in the end you will get something better than you were hoping for, that is more right for you, maybe not the exact job (Saturn) that you applied for?
Last edited by fleur on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eric L wrote:
The problem I see with the application of the Moon to your significator is it hits Jupiter first. Based on the applications I'd say that it will appear that you're going to receive the job, but somebody related to the 3rd or 6th house ruled by Jupiter will end up with it. Without knowing more details of the situation it's hard to speculate who this might be. Being positioned in the 10th, perhaps an insider?
Ok. Not sure why Jupiter has to be someone else though? It doesn't have any dignity in the 7th. Maybe I am being too simplistic in seeing competitors as just the 7th house?

Having said that your interpretation is very plausible. Its a local authority job and these are notorious for having people lined up for positions beforehand.

I have also looked at my transits for that day and they are quite mediocre.

Anyway, i will update you all after my interview next week.

Thanks for everyones input here

Mark

Fleur wrote:
I don't understand via combusta, but isn't a 6 degree Scorpio Moon in that?
Depends what sources you use. Many state its from 15 Scorpio to 15 Libra. However, a more principled view relates the via combusta or fiery way as located in the zone between the degrees of fall for each luminary ie 3 Scorpio to 19 Libra (the opposite of the exaltation degrees).

I think that is an issue here. I am quite agitated about my current situation.
On the positive this Moon is in sect (its a night chart) and of course applying to Jupiter. However, in this chart the Moon is primarily representing the potential employer.

Mark

Hi Mark:

It may not be so straightforward.

Prohibition through aspect, as your chart shows with Moon aspecting Jupiter before Venus may also show "the possibility that the Moon is actually translating the light of Jupiter to Venus, rather than prohibiting. This latter thought is not the strict definition of translation." Barbara Dunn pg 330 'Horary Astrology Re-Examined'.

kali

Mark:
Not sure why Jupiter has to be someone else though?
Venus made an aspect to Jupiter this could show your competitor, imo.
Last edited by kali on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Does anyone use antiscia in horary?

I am picking up a heavy Saturn energy from the current situation, and in the chart Saturn's antiscion is 7 degrees Aquarius, in the fourth house, and squaring the Moon exactly. That seems to describe how Mark is feeling at the moment about this situation. Nowhere to go, all doors closed. It doesn't describe the future, where the unexpected and pleasant can happen.

I assume everyone knows what antiscia are, they are mirror points, equidistant points across the 0 degrees Cancer Capricorn axis. I believe they are quite ancient and traditional, but from my point of view the important thing is that they work, though maybe horary bans them?

Kali wrote:
Hi Mark:

It may not be so straightforward.

Prohibition through aspect, as your chart shows with Moon aspecting Jupiter before Venus may also show "the possibility that the Moon is actually translating the light of Jupiter to Venus, rather than prohibiting. This latter thought is not the strict definition of translation." Barbara Dunn pg 330 'Horary Astrology Re-Examined'.

kali
Thanks Kali. I looked into the possibility of collection of light or translation of light but this didn't seem to fit the classical definition as your quote from Watters suggests. Whether this is a prohbition surely depends on the signification of Jupiter here. Its not ruling the 7th so we have the option of it being simply Lord 3 (news) or Lord 6. Less clear but maybe employment relatted although the 6th can imply drudgery too. More positive here though as the planet is Jupiter and it is exalted.

Mark wrote:
Not sure why Jupiter has to be someone else though?
Kali wrote:
Venus made an aspect to Jupiter this could show your competitor, imo.
I dont follow what you are saying here. I am clearly Venus in the chart.

Mark

Fleur wrote:
Does anyone use antiscia in horary?
Most definitely yes. Its probably used more commonly in horary than in any other branch of astrology. I confess I forgot to check for antiscia or fixed stars in this chart.

Mark