Football May 2013

While the Summer time is the occasion for a well-deserved rest for many football leagues, it is high season in northern latitudes and the scarcity of matches makes it easier to pick out a game with an individual starting time. Here is one I want to check out in this evenings Tippeliga in Norway:

Odd - Start, 20.15 CEST Skien, 59N12, 9E36, Norway.
Odds: 2,00 3,40 3,60
Asc 10SC57 MC 3VI33 Moon 9LE45 POF 24CP41
Day Jupiter, Hour Venus (regio) - radical by powers with sign

My theory on radicality is that when the Lord of the Hour shares powers with the sign of the ascendant, the chart is radical but the Lord of the ascendant takes a hold of the reigns of the ascendant and the Lord of the Hour hands the cap back to this planet. The Lord of the Hour cannot immediately take over the ascendant without the approval and agreement with the Lord of the ascendant, and this is why the Lord of the ascendant stays in control.

The Moon is in the nonagesimal and square the ascendant. This is also a notch for the home team and favourite. She casts her antiscia to Mars, who is located in both her sign and face, and this is more likely to give Mars strength to blossom. Pluto is sextile the Scorpio ascendant and this is likely to add some additional strength.

Odd are due to turn out in their white home colours (a touch of the Moon?) and are not likely to be unfortunated by red. The name 'Odd' could be associated with Scorpio or Capricorn, meaning someone who is 'different', 'foreign', 'alienated' or 'single'. In Norwegian 'Odde' is also the word for peninsula, which is a Scorpio trademark. Start is a spirited team, but I believe they need a more direct application involving Mercury, Moon, Mars, Gemini and Aries to get something out of this. It feels as if Mars and the South node in Taurus in the 7th are rather likely to get in their way.

My pennies go with Odd.
http://www.astronor.com

Odd - Start 0-1

Well, things didn't work out as expected. Odd (Mars) did not victor over Start (Venus), which means that the conditions couldn't have improved much from when Chelsea beat Benfica the previous evening.

It could have something to do with disturbances another game with the same starting time in the Norwegian 2nd division between Fredrikstad and Stabekk, where Fredrikstad won 4-0. However, things should be noted regarding the contract of radicality; Did Venus keep some advantace to her self? Maybe this is more specifically given to the house she rules, or maybe Mars simply gives power to his house placement? I wanna learn.

The antiscia from the Moon to L1 looked good, and it agreed with Odd's team colour, and Moon was square the ascendant - but cadent (!?) does an antiscia from these quarters prove less beneficial?

Maybe Venus' dispositor, Mercury's, recent entry into Gemini actually does promote a 'Start'? I think that if something doesn't work out as expected, at least for my own part I try to come up with some good questions... :wink:

My theory on radicality is that when the Lord of the Hour shares powers with the sign of the ascendant, the chart is radical but the Lord of the ascendant takes a hold of the reigns of the ascendant and the Lord of the Hour hands the cap back to this planet. The Lord of the Hour cannot immediately take over the ascendant without the approval and agreement with the Lord of the ascendant, and this is why the Lord of the ascendant stays in control.
Actually, the maxime could still be correct, but I may have misinterpreted my own understanding of how to apply it. If the rule says 'bear in mind that which is naturally signified by the ruler of the ascendant', then this does NOT give any preference to the ascendant but the ruler thereof. This means that Mars, as the Lord of the ascendant and the controling planet, either could favour the underdog by odds as he is infact a malefic, or the placement of Mars in the 7th house could be a testimony for the guests.

The rule for this type of radicality and contract between the Lord of the planetary Hour, the ascendant and its Lord, may disassociate the Lord of the asc. from the asc. in this particular respect - but it would have to be checked out a few more times before drawing anything conclusive. :wink:

Norwegian Tippeliga, Monday 20. May

There is a one-off match this evening at 19.00 CEST between Troms? and Brann. The game is being played in Arctic latitudes. It seems like a good opportunity to check out the astrology.

Troms? - Brann, 19.00 CEST, 69N40, 18E58.
Odds: 1,40 4,10 6,00
Asc 0SC38 MC 0VI24 Moon 29VI56 POF 0PI44
Day Moon, Hour Jupiter (Regio) - not radical

The chart is not radical, the Moon is VOC. Fortuna is on the IC. Maybe this buries the result and a draw is indicated, but the Lord of the Hour is in the same sign as the Lord of the 7th - so why not give the guests the upper hand?

Brann are in 3rd position in the Norwegian elite division, while Troms? are 7th. In terms of risk/reward the price for Brann collecting points in Troms? seems rather good. I certainly think it is possible to refrain from backing the home team.

I also decided to go for a game at 15.30 CEST today, although there was another game starting at the same time in a lower division (between previous top division clubs) - so I thought this might give some sturance.

Start - Str?msgodset, 15.30 CEST, Kristiansand 58N10, 08E00
Odds: 2,70 3,20 2,30
Asc 29VI16 MC 28GE58 Moon 27VI59 POF 27CP33
Day Moon, Hour Moon - radical by conjunct ascendant

The Lady of the Hour angular trine Fortuna - go for the favourites, even though the Moon was conjunct the ascendant. After 45 minutes Str?msgodset are up 4-0.

Str?msgodset won their game 6-0!!

But Brann did not collect points at Troms? and were beaten 2-0. The chart appeared to lack radicality, yet Jupiter is warm and moist and Scorpio is moist and Mars is warm. Surely no...

Fortuna was angular, even though it was on the IC.
The luminaries were connected with the angles, yet across sign boundaries.
The Moon cast a semi-sextile to the ascendant through signs of long ascension.
:???:

Fortuna angular, Sun square MC, Moon on Asc/MC midpoint.
Lord of hour, Jupiter, disposed by Saturn (triplicity+term), who is in the first house.
There being a mutual reception with Saturn by term.
But I think it might be important to cut out anything that makes it too difficult.

Two games in the Norwegian Tippeliga this evening;

Sarpsborg08 - V?lerenga, 18.30 CEST 59N17, 11E07
Odds: 2,35 3,35 2,85
ASc 0SC08 MC 15LE38 Moon 13LI17 POF 12PI38
Day Mars, Hour Venus - radical by shared powers with sign

This could be interesting. The relationship between the Lord of the ascendant and the ascendant and its lord is the same as it was between Odd and Start, as the very first entry of this thread. So let's test it out!

Does this contract and type of radicality hand it to the lord of the ascendant, Mars, who is an infortune and hand it to the 'underdogs' (away from the favourite)? In that case, V?lerenga are the team with the odds against them and for that reason I am willing to give it a shot. Additionally, the Moon is applying to her dispositor, Venus, who is Lady of the 7th, and Venus applies to a sextile with the Midheavan.

Sandnes Ulf - Viking, 19.00 CEST 58N51 5E44
Odds: 2,70 3,30 2,40
Asc 1SC41 MC 17LE41 Moon 13LI34 POF 14PI15
Day Mars, Hour Venus - same powers as sign on ascendant

First, here were are talking about a local derby. In this chart I will move away from the favourite, but give the last word to Fortuna in Pisces and who is conjunct Chrion at 14PI15. This I think will split the result two ways, so I am going for a draw.

The total odds for the two game add up to 9,12:1

Yes and no
The draw and the away victory was there, but I got it back to front. :-?

Sarpsborg08 - V?lerenga 3-3
V?lerenga took the lead 3 times and Sarpsborg equalized in the final minute of ordinary play. Must have been quite a match.

Sandnes Ulf - Viking 0-1
OK, why were the results reversed under the same contract of radicality.
I need time to think it through and then we will try to eliminate some options.

Nope, this still needs watching. The away teams had the upper hand in the games. Viking won under a possible Mars influence, but there is not much difference in the charts. In the Sandes Ulf - Viking chart, POS is square Venus, LHr+L7, and who also is dispositor of POF by exaltation. Viking were favourites by odds. Between Sarpsborg08 and V?lerenga, POF is square Mercury, a neutral, but who is an enemy or weak according to disposition of POF, who is disposed by Jupiter.

What we appear to have is a case where charts are very similar, judgement evades a clear-cut consideration based on the planetary hour and radicality contract, moving into the specifics and slight differences within the charts. I need more examples, but Scorpio rising in the hour of Venus is certain to pop up again sometime in the near future.

After judging a heap of soccer charts, I have come to a conclusion that the the way to do with such charts and get correct predictions is to find a correct significator for each team which does not change whether the team plays home or away and whether at 12:00, 14:00, 15:00 20:00, etc.

I would say that one and the same team cannot be Venus with Libra rising, Mars with Scorpio rising, Jupiter with Sagittarius, etc. If it is a Martian team, it cannot be a Venusian one when Libra or Taurus is rising. For example, Buyern is always Mars whatever sign rises and notwithstanding that in a particular game they are wearing a white (Moon) or a black (Saturn) kit, so is Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona is always Jupiter and so on.

Next week I will be able to provide the tables of significators for Sweden's and Norway's top leagues.

Great to hear we are both still burning to solving this riddle. I am looking forward to seeing what you have got. In my opinion the only way to progress is by treating data in a logical and structured fashion. There may be several ways in resolving a problem, but I strongly urge participants to try and follow a set mal or certain standards.

On Thursday, one-offs in the Norwegian 1st division;

Elverum - Str?mmen, 18.00 CEST
Odds: 2,80 3,20 2,40
Asc 26LI12 MC 10LE32 Moon 11SC33 POF 5AR04
Day Jupiter, Hour (Mars)/Sun (Regio) - on the cusp

It is the Hour of the Sun according to Placidus, but I just want to check whethr the guards get caught on the bridge and the match ends a draw.

Vard Haugesund - Kongsvinger, 19.00 CEST, 59N25 5E18
Odds: 2,85 3,35 2,30
Asc 2SC20 MC 19LE21 Moon 12SC09 POF 11AR46
Day Jupiter, Hour Sun - radical by powers with Mars

First thought is that this gives the chart to the Sun who is Lord of the 10th. Uranus is conjunct POF in Aries. I think the favourites, Kongsvinger ("King's wings"), may show their colours.