Europa League Final 2013

Europa League Final 2013

Benfica - Chelsea,
20.45 CEST Amsterdam
Odds: 2,95 3,20 2,50
Asc 18SC24 MC 8VI08 Moon 28CN04 POF 21CP22
Day Mercury, Hour Mars - radical by sign, aspect and angularity

I putting a penny on Chelsea in this game, but the reasoning is rather complex. I am expecting Benfica to turn out in red and Chelsea in blue. One thing we might expect to see this match is red, but probably for the wrong reasons. I recall a match a few seasons ago with Mars detriment on the descendant like this, and the first thing that happened was that a player represented by the ascendant team ran into the opposite teams field and nailed the other teams player so one was carried off with a serious injury, the other with a red card. I hope that doesn't happen again.

The chart is radical, so this is a token for the favourite, Chelsea. And Mars, lord of the hour is angular and on the cusp of the 7th. the tricky bit is whether it could represent the team in red, Benfica. Well, in that case Mars is weakened by its detriment in Taurus, so much of the benefit could be lost. Mars also opposes 19 Scorpio and could be unfortunated by that reason. Additionally, Mars is held in check by the Sun conjunct Algol and Mercury conjunct Pleiades.

The Moon in Cancer could be a testimony for Chelsea, and she is in the degree of Mars fall, which once again might be a stumbling brick for the team represented by Mars.

Mercury is L10 and in mutual reception with Venus, L7. And POF casts her antiscia to 8SG31, which is opposite Venus - but this does not give testimony to the 'underdog' in the same way as the opposition from an infortune or the Moon.

Last, I noticed that Mercury, L10, applies to the natal Sun of Fernando Torres by sextile, and the Moon is applying by trine. Torres being such a key person, it could be a good token for Chelsea success.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

First half played and the score is still 0-0.
Benfica appear to be the most dangerous and attacking team.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Wed May 15, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Thanks for the analysis. It does highlight one of the problems in predicting results. The astrology is not usually the problem, the problem is assigning significators.

Here there was no home/away team, and the odds did not indicate a clear favourite. I have noticed in this sort of situation that colour does seem important. Fortunately, the ascendant was ruled by Mars, and one of the teams played in red, so the colour assignment was clear. Your analysis of the weakness of Mars does seem convincing.

It might be worth watching matches played on a neutral ground, particularly where the odds are reasonably even, to see if colour again plays a role.

Thank you, GB.

Identifying the teams was a puzzle and colour was important in sorting out the odds and ends. However, Benfica were underdogs in the sense that they had not won the tournament before and Mars, the malefic, was not benefica for them. The descendant was more naturally signified with Chelsea since the Moon was in Cancer and the cusp of the 7th was in the exaltation and face of the Moon.

I'm still fascinated with how this game worked out. The chart being radical and Mars, Lord of the Hour, being on any angle was good for the favourite (or Champion) - no matter its condition. Yet, Mars, Lord of the ascendant impedited was unfortunate for the team represented by this house, even though their significator was Lord of the Hour.

Previous seasons I have been working from the theory that radicality offered some preference or protection to either the favourite or the home team, but the code hasn't entirely been broken on this issue, yet. Since Benfica were neither home team nor favourite, I guess there was little protection and the colour red may have been an obstacle.

Even so, they appeared as the strongest and better team, and Chelsea were considered lucky having won the game. But there's football for you!
http://www.astronor.com