pankajdubey wrote: (...) the main question is-

Does anything really happen by a relation between 5th and 1st lord(not involving the 7th lord).
. . . it could be a very strong testimony for the asking woman to be pregnant.

johannes susato wrote:
pankajdubey wrote: (...) the main question is-

Does anything really happen by a relation between 5th and 1st lord(not involving the 7th lord).
. . . it could be a very strong testimony for the asking woman to be pregnant.
:lala

It all depends on the question,innit.

PD

johannes susato wrote:In his Latin text (published in 1557) Dariot has not "amor/amores" but only "dilectiones", this term being more like esteem and regard or respect than love (?).

In his French text (published 1558) and probably his own translation, there is given "dilections" and, now added, "amours".

Johannes
Happy to read Skyscript again.

My Latin dictionary for dilectio, dilectionis gives love between meanings.

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Sex is the most hyped and over-rated pleasure a human can enjoy.

As a category i.e. pleasure it falls in 5th house.

As an interaction/communication, it can happen with any person. 7th house relationships (Partnerships, war, marriage) are confrontational and challenging in nature. Sex may or may not happen with a 7th house person.

Romance between opposite sexes is an artificial construct/concept and has been developed/marketed in the last 1,000 years. One book which talks about romance and comes to my mind is 'Marriage and Morals' by Bertrand Russell.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Anyone who was present for Chris Brennan's webinar yesterday will now be aware of the possibility that the "rejoicings" of the planets may have had an extraordinary influence on the meanings of the houses. This is what Deb Houlding has argued on this thread re: the link between the 5th as a house of pleasure and its status as the rejoicing place of Venus. In fact, Brennan quoted Ms. Houlding on this very topic, i.e. the influence of the planetary rejoicings upon house meanings.

hi fellow skyscript members..

it would nice to know about these types of events in advance! if someone happens to know about them and feel like sharing it in advance, i would certainly appreciate it..

>>Free Webinar on the Joys

On May 18, 2013 I will present a free online lecture on the planetary joys through the Kepler College website.

The lecture will cover the same material that was first outlined in my paper on the joys, although I will also include some additional material that I was not able to include in the paper.

You can sign up for the free webinar on the Kepler College website:

Planetary Joys Webinar Signup Page

If you sign up for the webinar ahead of time you will be sent a recording of it a few days after it is over, even if you aren?t able to attend.<<
http://www.chrisbrennanastrologer.com/2 ... ther-news/

the free webinar is not available this morning...maybe it will become available.. i am curious to know what chris discussed in the webinar that he didn't include in his paper which i did enjoy reading..

while some of the replies on this topic were illuminating, I have to say I feel like we're about where we started hahah. So basically:

-5th house DOES represent romantic matters?
-The condition and location of natal venus has some say in romantic matters as well?
-7th house is involved as well sometimes? Or is this only for horary astrology?

AstroNovice wrote:
-5th house DOES represent romantic matters?
I suspect that 'romantic' is being used in a loose sense in this thread. My understanding of the 'modern' view is that where the relationship is essentially one where the two parties get together to have sex and then go their separate ways, (until next time), such a relationship is not about 'romance', it is about having fun having sex together. This form of relationship is entirely modern for three reasons:

1) Women today are able to be financially self supporting and are not dependent on finding a husband to support them. That being the case, women no longer have to preserve a reputation of chastity which was necessary to win a husband in earlier times.

2) Modern contraceptives and legal abortions mean having sex today does have the attendant risks that it did not so long ago, (within living memory).

3) The first two points have brought about a revolution in public morals and attitude to casual sex.

So, using the 5th house to describe a relationship based primarily on sharing a bed together - rather than sharing a life together - is (in my view) an example of astrology adapting to keep pace with modern cultural attitudes.
-The condition and location of natal venus has some say in romantic matters as well?
I am not sure what you are asking here. Are you asking if the placement of the querent's natal Venus should be taken as a sensitive point in horary charts dealing with 'romance'?
-7th house is involved as well sometimes? Or is this only for horary astrology?
'Romance' or 'love' is usually considered to be the start of, or signify a potential for, a live-together relationship - like man and wife. That being the case, it is certainly considered to be 7th house relationship.

in the time before making a romantic interest known, it is a game of chance. The same could be said of trying to have children. Romance is the fluff used to boost your odds.

all the words like creation, recreation, procreation

\\Anagrams of Miscreation:
creationism
romanticise

an example of astrology adapting to keep pace with modern cultural attitudes.
Geoffrey seems to state my thoughts well. This looks like one of those issues where the evolution of our culture has moved a concept like ?romance? from one house (or set of houses) to another. Pretty cool.

Geoffrey wrote:
AstroNovice wrote:
I am not sure what you are asking here. Are you asking if the placement of the querent's natal Venus should be taken as a sensitive point in horary charts dealing with 'romance'?
No not at all, I am only asking about the natal chart. I was asking if the placement of natal venus has some say when it comes to modern interpretations of "romance", as in one night stands, hooking up, etc. The reason I ask this is because I read elsewhere on this thread that venus has some affinity with the 5th house and lends its own significations to the 5th house or something like that. That being said, if venus is associated with pleasure then it would be logical to assume that maybe the natal condition of venus has something to do with pleasure and its presence or lack thereof in our lives.

Kenneth Johnson wrote:
Thanks, Deb. I was aware of the 5th as a house of "pleasures" going back quite a ways and always assumed that this was, as you pointed out, due to the fact that Venus rejoices there. The quote you have given from Dariot is the earliest specific mention I have seen of romance and love as one of those "pleasures" -- Bonatti, for example, does not mention it and his thinking is more in line with the examples you have also given from al-Biruni and ibn Ezra. I wonder if there is anything earlier than Dariot?
Apart from the Venus link to the 5th through the joys we also have its ancient association in the Thema Mundi. In that scheme Mars is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Scorpio. With the 5th representing children we have a fertile sign ruling the house. Clearly though, both Mars and Scorpio bring in associations with sex. So the Venus-Mars connections of this house would be consistent with romance and love.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly