Paul stated:
Now with regards the modern vs traditional idea, that's not something which interests me, instead I see this purely as an exercise in tracing our historical roots. I have no particular affiliation with hero worshipping any astrologers or any 'old tomes' or any big names. Instead I recognise that they are preservers of our tradition which allow us to peer backwards through time to help understand how, as astrologers, our understanding of the mechanics and the art of astrology has changed - and from this insight we may learn something that can be applicable today.
Paul, like yourself and many others here I Do Not want horary to become like a Stagnant Marsh, or like a stream that the beavers have damned up making the environment not so free flowing. John Frawley by some here is looked down upon because he utilizes Outers in some fashion, yet Frawley builds upon Traditionalism and others have seen this.

This side argument that yourself, Goran, Johannes, and I were involved in has much potential for another good thread. And I hope all can keep their emotions from flaring and realize we all just truly want to get it right but keep it respectful!

Paul had stated:
I have no sense of tribal affiliation with any particular brand of astrology and the kind of natal astrology I do is a bit of a mish-mash of some modern techniques with some traditional ones. I'm of the opinion that everyone is just an astrologer, first and foremost, and they all use what they think works.
I have meant a few here on Skyscript and other forums who are devout Ultra-Trads, they wouldn't look at the Outers in Transits or Natal interpretation, no matter who showed them positive data. And I totally respect them yet like others have told them, when such things as the transiting Uranus oppositioning the lord of their natal 3rd house, and they end up wrecking their vehicle by running into a tree in the Sheriff's front yard, you would think they might at least look at the effect of that Outer's possible influence.

Meant to comment to you on this earlier astro sibling Paul, but the tone didn't seem right at the time.

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know