Will I get the job?

Hello dear people,
I am new to this forum and to horary but not totally new to astrology. I applied for this job and I am wondering if there are any chances to get it. If I do, i will need to move in my home town, currently I am in Ljubljana and finishing my studies.
The moon is my chart ruler and it is found in the fourth house, could that mean moving? There is a separation aspect between the 10th house ruler Mars and the chart ruler the moon, could that mean anything?
I would we really thankful for any inside.
Thank you and have a nice day
[/img]

I'm afraid you won't get the job because the Moon is void of course and in via combusta+peregrine in the 4th.
Its position in an angle of the chart denotes stability in the current situation so it probably won't change for quite some time. This actually confirms the symbolism of its running in the void.

Hope I'm wrong on this, but the chart looks pretty straightforward to me.

Goran

There is neither an applying aspect between the Moon and Mars, significator of the job, nor mutual reception between both or translation or collection of light.

If we forget, that the Moon is still at the very edge of her separation from the opposition with Mars and that she is still in her separation from the antiscion of Mercury, she is - if not yet VOC - but at least ad vacuum (in the words of Lilly, hopefully).

In addition I should like to mention that the Moon is in Via Combusta and thus (Lilly, CA, p.122):
"It?s not safe to judge [...] as some say, when she [the Moon] is in
Via Combusta , which is, when she is in the last 15 degrees of li,
or the first fifteen degrees of sc."

Dispite this small constraint I would at large agree with Goran and his regrettable NO to your question.

Let's hope the constraint of Via Combutsta is valid after all.

Johannes

Hm, I wonder if this naturally benefic, cazimi Venus in the angle of the 10th in her bounds as the ruler of the preceding SAN(the full Moon in Libra) can overrule the overall negative picture and still bring the [unexpected/lucky] perfection of the matter?
I've seen this principle work in practice several times, in rather dismal looking charts but the lord of the preceding SAN was an angular benefic and it saved the day!

Anyway,Bonatti admonishes us to look into this in his 70th consideration.
If we forget, that the Moon is still at the very edge of her separation from the opposition with Mars and that she is still in her separation from the antiscion of Mercury
No ancient authority on horary I'm aware of mentions separation from/application to antiscia of a planet. Antiscia are points or degrees symmetrical to the solstice points and relate to the length of time during which a degree (or moira) of the zodiac is above or below the horizon.

Hence, planets are either in antiscia(degree - based) relationship with each or they aren't - there's no applying/separating orb.

Or am I quite possibly missing something? :?

Goran

cor scorpii wrote: No ancient authority on horary I'm aware of mentions separation from/application to antiscia of a planet. Antiscia are points or degrees symmetrical to the solstice points and relate to the length of time during which a degree (or moira) of the zodiac is above or below the horizon.

Hence, planets are either in antiscia(degree - based) relationship with each or they aren't - there's no applying/separating orb.

I don't know if you would consider Coley (Clavis Astrologiae Elimata) "ancient", but he discusses antiscia on page 31...

"....a Planet be in the tenth degree of ?, he casts his Antiscion to the 20th degree of ? that is, he gives virtue to any Planet that shall there be placed, or casts any Aspect unto that point...."

And this from page 480...

"Consider also in what houses, or parts of the Heavens, the Antiscions, or
Contra-antiscions of all the Planets fall, whether upon the Cusps of the
chief houses thereof, or near the degrees of any of the Planets places, or
fixed Stars therein; and accordingly moderate your Judgment."

Geoffrey

I don't know if you would consider Coley (Clavis Astrologiae Elimata) "ancient", but he discusses antiscia on page 31...

"....a Planet be in the tenth degree of ?, he casts his Antiscion to the 20th degree of ? that is, he gives virtue to any Planet that shall there be placed, or casts any Aspect unto that point...."
Exactly the same wording as in Lilly's CA I, but the point is that it doesn't say anything about application/separation involving antiscia degrees.

True to the original concept, Lilly mentions exact degrees of influence and also uses utilizes this principle in several of his analyses in CA II.

The idea of aspects being cast to the degrees of antiscion probably originated from Mathesis, because Firmicus analyzes an entire (natal) chart using only this technique, which makes him a rather strange exception in this regard.

Goran

Seems many are still Not taking Lilly to be the Gospel, for I continually see other house systems other than Regiomontanus which Lilly utilized.

And Yes, as Johannes states the Moon is not quite VOC as pointed out in by in Deb's article:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7399

And noted in this website article:

http://www.astrologiamedieval.com/Orbes.htm

And here is Luna, on the Burned Path, in Via Combusta(our querant is in a bad way with the separating opp), even if Luna in the 4th is her corresponding Natural House.

And even the Sun(Apollo) and Venus(Athrodite) did catch Mars(Lucifer) as lord of the quesited, as stated they are combust, and Lilly states 'that is about the worst that can happen to a planet'. So even if Luna is Not truly VOC, if the querant did or could get the job, it will Not be pretty because of the combustion and factors already noted.

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know

And here is Luna, on the Burned Path, in Via Combusta(our querant is in a bad way with the separating opp), even if Luna in the 4th is her corresponding Natural House.
Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree, Clinton - the Moon doesn't correspond to the 4th house in any way, that would be modern astrological thinking characterized by the idea of an "alphabet zodiac" in which a particular planet is equivalent to a particular sign and particular mundane house of a chart.

The 4th is actually a solar house, because the Sun lands there when we follow the Chaldean order of the planets, starting with Saturn in the 1st - and which planet would be more appropriate to co-signify in the 4th than the natural ruler of fathers?

Goran
Last edited by cor scorpii on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

cor scorpii wrote:

Exactly the same wording as in Lilly's CA I, but the point is that it doesn't say anything about application/separation involving antiscia degrees.
Yes, orbs or aspects for antiscia, whether applying or separating, are not specifically mentioned by Coley, it is true, or any other text that I have read. However, "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

I would still argue that both my Coley quotes (and others I could drag up) are consistent with a view that Coley did not regard the antiscion as having to be "exact". If the planet is "near" the antiscion degree, it is either applying or separating and "accordingly moderate your Judgment"

Geoffrey

Well, that's why I specifically mentioned "ancient" sources.

Because Lilly also mentions "modern" aspects, but never uses them in his horary delineations. Should we deduce then that he did use them in his horary judgments but just didn't want to leave us any evidence of that?

Hardly probable. Why would he do that? He wanted to keep "the great secret" for himself?

If we accept that, we may read anything into Lilly(or any other author) then, whatever we like.

If we are doing horary astrology and using some principle of delineation, we should also try stick to its original conception - and "nearness" of antiscion or contra-antiscion was never spoken of, never mentioned(BTW, what does "near" mean exactly? How many degrees - two, three...as many as suit one's needs to justify some conclusion?)

It's either in the same degree, or it isn't - if it weren't so, then why would Lilly give the table to find the exact degrees of antiscion?

Coley and Lilly simply deviate a bit from the original principle in this regard, that's the point. I'm not saying this is downright wrong, but it clearly represents a departure from initial conception.

And theres's one more question that needs to be asked then - what's the rationale for this departure, perhaps the "proof" there's something wrong/inconsistent with the original idea?
If so, what exactly?

But this is not the place to pursue this topic further. It's quite clear what antiscia is/isn't - at least as far as the sources of this doctrine are concerned.

Goran
Last edited by cor scorpii on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cor Scorpii, or our beloved Goran said:
Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree, Clinton - the Moon doesn't correspond to the 4th house in any way, that would be modern astrological thinking which characterizes the idea of an "alphabet zodiac" in which a particular planet is equivalent to a particular sign and particular mundane house of a chart.

The 4th is actually a solar house, because the Sun lands there when we follow the Chaldean order of the planets, starting with Saturn in the 1st - and which planet would be more appropriate to co-signify in the 4th than the natural ruler of fathers?
Goran, I hope I'm Not detouring the discussion, and I think we are on track, but unfortunately I'm Not at present on the Forum where I may quote the Authority, just as our Deb is an Authority, but this very topic came up in the near past via that forum of 'correlations or correspondences in planets and houses'. As Soon as I'm back on that Forum I shall both give the source and quotes from conversations regarding such.

However, and please correct me Forum if I error, but note in CAI, pages 52-53, from website:

http://mithras93.tripod.com/books/books.html
The Fourth House.

Giveth Judgment of Fathers in generall & ever of his Father that enquires, or that is born; of Lands, Houses, Tenements, Inheritances, Tillage of the earth, Treasures hidden, the determination or end of any thing; Towns, Cities or Castles, besieged or not besieged; all ancient Dwellings, Gardens, Fields, Pastures, Orchards; the quality and nature of the grounds one purchaseth, whether Vineyards, Cornfielfd, &c. whether the ground be Woody, Stony or barren.

The Sign of the fourth denoteth the Town, the Lord thereof, the Governour: It ruleth the Brest, Lungs.

Of Colours, the Red: It?s Cosignificator is Cancer, and of Planets the Sun; we call it the Angle of the Earth, or Imum Coeli; it is feminine, and the North Angle: In Nativities or Questions, this fourth house represents Fathers, so doth the Sun by day and Saturn by night; yet if the Sun be herein placed, he is not ill, but rather shews the Father to be of a noble disposition, &c.
As I'm not willing to quote this respected Contemporary Traditionalist Authority as of yet till I have the documentation, I'm on my own till then.

But can Not the entire Forum see that references to *Home, residences, all Ancient Dwellings(sounds very cancer-like antique to me), Breast(definitely Moon/Cancer), Lands, Houses, Tenements, etc..*, yes I can see where Modernes made wrong assumptions, but tell me are not these things of Cancer and the Moon?

Or does the Moon according to Claudius Ptolemy's Table of Essential Dignities Not rule Cancer that correlates or corresponds to the 4th, (just as Mars has correspondence in both the 1st and 8th) to the 4th ruling home, breasts, and land?

http://www.google.com/search?q='ptolemy ... 24&bih=623

Yes, Goran, I have heard such for quite a while, but until I can adequately quote my authority, this is my ammunition for defense of the correlation of the Moon to the fourth. Yet there is more in Lilly's CA that can aid us in the understanding of why Lilly lists home and breasts in the fourth, as we correlate breast with Luna I'm quite certain.

Clinton Garrett Soule

Astro knight of the horary realm, Goran, stated:
Because Lilly also mentions "modern" aspects, but never uses them in his horary delineations. Should we deduce then that he did use them in his horary judgments but just didn't want to leave us any evidence of that?

Hardly probable. Why would he do that? He wanted to keep "the great secret" for himself?

If we accept that, we may read anything into Lilly(or any other author) then, whatever we like.
Goran, I in reading CA had thought for quite a while this was the case as well as other artists I had to correct much latter, but via this Forum, over a year ago, it was stated that Lilly wrote another document that I think this Forum has the name of, of why Lilly rejected Kepler's minor aspects!

So you aren't alone in this idea, for reading CA alone won't lead one to the proper conclusion without extending one's study beyond CA of what Lilly wrote!

***Pardon Me Goran, I'm going to let what I said above stand. But I misunderstood that you were merely using the Socratic method of questioning, to get others to think. That you know to well that Lilly did Not use 'minor aspects'!***

Clinton Garrett Soule