Irish Grand National 2013

The race is today at Fairyhouse at 1650.
The odds are all pretty long so it's worth an each way bet! There are 30 runners so places will be paid to 4th place and maybe 5 if you find the right bookie. (eg Skybet)

This is the type of chart that cause me issues when using the Addey method.
Campanus 5th is at 29:48 Sag.
The next point in the chart to be hit is MC at 3:14 Gemini
The next planet is Neptune at 4:14 Pisces

I never know whether to be looking for Gemini MC horse or a Neptune horse?
According to the method it should be the MC so I'll focus on that.

And using Bonatti, we have a Jupiter hour with Jupiter in the 10th so we are looking for horse which combines the attributes of being in term but also in detriment.
So, probably not a favourite, a horse which has had problems or been overlooked. Possibly from "known" but not exceptional stock ie term. Could be an Irish horse or one which has run this race or track before since it is not peregrine ie a total stranger or outsider.

The AC relates to the owner, given an owner associated with Mercury in Pisces in 7th. Since the owner "owns" the colours of the jockey as well as the horse, we might be looking for an owner's name and jockey's colours associated with Mercury in Pisces in 7th, so maybe a partnership, syndicate, or more than one owner.
Again we have a planet which is essentially (very!) ill-dignified but is "saved" by being in term and has accidental dignity by being angular.

Colours: Gemini colours are yellow and green, stripes and checks.

So there is a duality being shown overall. So I am expecting some kind of duality to be shown by the winner. This can often show that the winner has the same sire or dam, traine or owner as another horse in the race.

And, in contrast to my earlier post suggesting an outsider, we have a void moon which is said to favour favourites. :)
In this case it's in Sag where it said to "work" so maybe we can discount it?
All odds are pretty long, with shortest currently being Rich Revival at 8/1.
hmm, is that a Gemini name? But the jockey colours are brown.

So, by looking at Gemini MC name and Gemini colours we only left with about 16 out 30 horses. we have narrowed our odds by half!

Of these I favour;

You Must Know Me (MC, reputation)
Our Victoria (10th house soverign)
Competitive Edge (10th house, career etc)

Quietly Fancied slips into the list, not the best colours but shows the duality having been sired by Presenting, as have 3 other horses and being owned by a partnership.

16:50 Fairyhouse
Full result
1st 24 Liberty Counsel (IRE) 50/1
2nd 14 Away We Go (IRE) 25/1
3rd 8 Home Farm (IRE) 10/1
4th 4 Sweeney Tunes 12/1

Good job I didn't bet!

So let's analyse the result.
1. Outsider won.
2. 1st, 2nd and 3rd had either stripes or yellow/green colours for Gemini
3. Liberty Counsel.... yes, I suppose could be Gemini MC from "Counsel". Sounds more Jupiter to me, but that is in the 10th and it was a Jupiter hour.
4. Winner is one of only 2 mares in the race (detriment?)
5. Winner had terrible form! (detriment)
6. Top 2 owned by a partnership
7. Top 3 all Irish, (not peregrine), on home ground
8. 3rd place sired by Presenting who also sired 3 other horses in the race)

I wonder if Liberty Counsel, blue and white chevron stripes, is more Neptune in Pisces, the other Addey option, especially being trained by Mrs D A Love! (misses the love, ) :lol:

Thanks for your posts. Unfortunately I did not see your initial post in time to join the discussion. Given that Mercury was indicated by the MC, and the winner also had Jupiter connections in its name, perhaps the Mercury-Jupiter mutual reception was relevant.