Obviously they wouldn't have used Uranus. Relying on a separating Mars-Uranus conjunction seems quite weak to me.

Look at the malefic fixed stars:

ASC: on Dschubba (Isidus)

Moon: on Scheat

Saturn: on Algol

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

As you are interested in the astrology of murder you will probably find Barbara Watters book worth studying 'An Astrologer Looks At Murder'.

The previous Chair of my Association collaborated with another local astrologer and updated Watter's work with research into a large number of Scottish serial killers. For some reason Scotland seems to have produced a disproportionate number of such people. Plus accurate natal data is easier to obtain here as it is recorded on birth certificates (unlike the rest of the UK).

http://www.amazon.com/An-Astrologer-Loo ... 0866901671

I seem to recall that the most common configuration discovered in my predecessor's research into these charts was a new moon. Interesting that this occurs in the chart of this killer too. This fits in well with traditional notions of the new moon being combust under the Sun's beams. Planets under the beams are linked to hiddeness and secrecy. Moreover, in Ptolemy's notion of the 'quality of the soul' our instinctive thinking is ruled by the moon.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote:As you are interested in the astrology of murder you will probably find Barbara Watters book worth studying 'An Astrologer Looks At Murder'. The previous Chair of my Association collaborated with another local astrologer and updated Watter's work with research into a large number of Scottish serial killers. For some reason Scotland seems to have produced a disproportionate number of such people. Plus accurate natal data is easier to obtain here as it is recorded on birth certificates (unlike the rest of the UK). http://www.amazon.com/An-Astrologer-Loo ... 0866901671 I seem to recall that the most common configuration discovered in my predecessor's research into these charts was a new moon. Interesting that this occurs in the chart of this killer too. This fits in well with traditional notions of the new moon being combust under the Sun's beams. Planets under the beams are linked to hiddeness and secrecy. Moreover, in Ptolemy's notion of the 'quality of the soul' our instinctive thinking is ruled by the moon. Mark
Funny you mention Scotland. Yesterday I was thinking that the Gauguelin study should be replicated in a country like yours,where birth times are always recorded.

Jorge wrote:
Funny you mention Scotland. Yesterday I was thinking that the Gauguelin study should be replicated in a country like yours,where birth times are always recorded.
Well it could certainly be included. However, the sample would not be large enough. I seem to recall for statistically significant data you need literally thousands of charts. Hence Gauguelin trawled all over western Europe to compile his statistics. I was under the impression that countries like France, Belgium and Switzerland recorded birth times in birth certificates too? :???:

This is not the kind of project to take on lightly. It something that would take years to do thoroughly. Have you read Suitbert Ertel's update 'the Tenacious Mars Effect'?

http://www.amazon.com/Tenacious-Mars-Ef ... 1871989159

You need a thorough knowledge of statistics to avoid various sampling traps.

Personally, I am doubtful about attempts to verify astrology empirically. I see the astrologer as an active participant in the process of creating living astrology rather than a detached observer separated from the astrology. There is no doubt that sceptics like Geoffrey Dean have challenged every piece of research that suggests astrology might have any empirical basis:

http://www.astrology-and-science.com/

Mark

Hello Mark,

Re: "I seem to recall that the most common configuration discovered in my predecessor's research into these charts was a new moon."

In that study, do you happen to remember/know how tightly it had to be to still be considered a new moon? (in terms of the study)

Peace

James

Atlantean wrote:
In that study, do you happen to remember/know how tightly it had to be to still be considered a new moon? (in terms of the study)
I dont I am afraid. The research was never published. I can try and contact my predecessor although she is living outside the UK now. It was really, just one comment that I recalled. There were other factors too. I will see if I can find out. She is a modern astrologer so I imagine she will be defining the 'new moon' more tightly than I might do.

I will see if she is willing to post anything here on her findings. No guarantees but I will have a go.

Mark

Thanks, Mark

I must admit that I am curious.

My Sun is at 11? Cancer and my Moon at 28?. This is 35 to 36 hours after the New Moon. To me, it's well after the New Moon, but I realize that this is a subjective thing, hence wanting to know relative to the study how wide they were considering...

Peace

James

Atlantean wrote:Hello Mark,

Re: "I seem to recall that the most common configuration discovered in my predecessor's research into these charts was a new moon."

Peace

James
I checked a few but no new moons,at least not in Dennis Nilssen or Thomas Hamilton.The latter has Full moon though

I checked a few but no new moons,at least not in Dennis Nilssen or Thomas Hamilton.The latter has Full moon though
Hello Jorge,

First off this was purely from my flawed memory of a talk a few years ago. Perhaps full moons well included too. I really cant recall. I will see if the person that did the research still has the results. However, she may be saving this for her own article at some point.

Frankly though if it was as simple as every chart having the same signature for murder we could dispense with the formalities of the criminal justice system and just let the astrologers decide who should be locked up. :lol:

It was only a trend in a sample of charts. Its certainly not going to occur in every or probably even most charts. I was talking about statistical significance. You might find it as helpful to study statistics if you are seeking to do this kind of astrological research.

regards

Mark

margherita wrote:For some strange coincidence in these days I'm writing a short text for an Italian conference where I will discuss Henry Landru - dubbed Bluebeard, killer of 10 women and a child- birth chart and he is born with the New Moon.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Lan ... nri_Desire

the more the time passes, the more I'm in agreement with Mark :)

margherita
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Bundy,_Ted

I was looking for Ted Bundy but I dont know if he qualifies. He is past the new moon.
I only checked a few in Astrodatabank. Nevill Heath has full moon,almost.
But no new moon.Certainly not Pete Sutcliffe.But he has Saturn and Venus in Cancer in h8. This is telling.Venus lord of mC,the point of action