Eurovision Song Contest 2013

Eurovision Song Contest 2013

Welcome to this years thread on the Eurovision Song Contest, which unfortunately appears to be developing into a Scandinavian Song Contest if the bookmakers are right. In 2009 Norway won with 'Fairytale'. In 2010 Germany and Lena had success with 'Satelite'. Azerbaijan won in 2011 with 'Running Scared', and last year Sweden took the trophy home with 'Euphoria'. In 2013 Denmark are currently favourites with their 'Only Teardrops'. Norway trails in 2nd position with 'I Feed You My Love'.

The current odds at Unibet on March 18. are as follows:
Denmark 3,5:1
Norway 6,5:1
Netherlands 10,0:1
Russia 10,0:1
Belarus 12,0:1
Sweden 12,0:1
Azerbaijan 15,0:1
Georgia 15,0:1
Italy 15,0:1
Germany 15,0:1
Ukraine 15,0:1

I am not sure why the Scandinavian countries appear to be doing so well. A few decades ago Norway used to come nothing but last. However, the Swedish and Danish had some early success, Sweden winning in 1974 with Abba and 'Waterloo'. Great Britain could always be reckoned among the top scoring entries through the 70's and 80's, their last victory being with the song 'Love Shine A Light' in 1997. Since then the lights seem to have gone out for the British hopes, however, this year they are sending nothing but a legend to Malm?, Sweden, in the person of Bonnie Tyler.

The Eurovision Song Contest Final - Malm?, Sweden, May 18. 2013, time 21.00 CEST.
Without wanting to be a home favourite, and it is only 4 years since we last won this contest, my bet this year goes with Norway. Venus is in an exact inconjunct with Pluto. Pluto is co-ruler of the ascendant. For Norway Margaret Berger will be performing 'I Feed You My Love'. It is a strong entry on its own terms. The Moon in the event chart is in Virgo and moves to oppose Neptune. Luna is contained by Jupiter and Saturn, and moves towards the body of Saturn in Scorpio. From perspective of the lyrics of the Norwegian entry, I believe they suggest a spiritual birthing, an incarnation, confrontation and claiming of the material world.

I Feed You My Love

A cocoon in a silent tree
Through the dark night you listen to me
When I whisper broken words in your ear

And you push, you push me hard to the surface
I?m blinded at heart but you wake me
You wake me up from the snow where I was born

Now I can see
The whole world is mine
I can touch and feel
I feed you my love... (Link)

Margaret Berger is born on October 11. 1985 and has her Sun in the 18th degree of Libra and her Moon in Virgo. Her natal Venus is in the 24th degree of Virgo and conjunct the MC of the event chart. Her Saturn is 26 Scorpio and conjunct the ascendant at the time of the kick-off in Malm?. There are some strong connections to the chart of Norway, where transit Mars in conjunct national Jupiter at 21TA04. Please view the options from a different perspective, but this is the way I am going. :)
http://www.astronor.com

Unfortunately, no. Margaret is born in Trondheim and the Sunrise chart is cast for 07.02 CST. She came 2nd in the Norwegian Idol contest in 2004 and has since then released several albums, her debut being Chameleon ('Life Time Guarantee') in 2004. The swedish pop artist Karin Park is one of the contributors to 'I Feed You My Love', which means that the Swedish continue to make a strong contribution. As some may recall, Azerbaijans winning entry 'Running Scared' in 2011 was written by Swedish Stefan ?rn and Sandra Bjurman, before the Swedish won in Azerbaijan with 'Euphoria'.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not sure Margaret's chart should be the prime point of focus at this point of time, but I am providing it - since there was the question.

Margaret Berger - October 11. 1985, Trondheim, Sunrise chart, 07.02 CST.
I guess one of the problems is why Norway should win the contest again after such a relatively short time (Rybak in 2009), but there again Spain won both in 1968,1969, Luxumburg won in 1972, 1973, Israel won in 1978, 1979, and Ireland won in 1992, 1993, 1994 and 1996! :o

Here is a link to the 'Chart of Norway', just in case anyone should be interested: (Link).

I offer my personal interpretation of the lyrics to 'I Feed You My Love'. If there ever were a deeper meaning to a song, I am bewildered how this appears to show up in the chart for the Eurovision Song Contest;

The 'Cocoon' is a representation of the Moon in Virgo opposite Neptune in Pisces. Neptune, selfless love, is in his own sign, spiritual Pisces. Pisces is a mute and silent sign, representing Worlds beyond comprehension. Neptune in his own sign represents a spiritual and angelic state - an Angel or a Butterfly. The opposition to the Moon serves as a bridge between Worlds and line of travel and communication. The cocoon - a Soul-cage and verhicle of virtue and descent. Through the Moon the Seed of the immaterial and all-embracing Neptune in Pisces is fed to the incarnate figure of the humane sign, Virgo. From the sign of Virgo the bud of compassion bursts into the World of Senses. Here the loving and nourishing spirit can embrace and claim the mundane World. This experience is supported by the Moon's containment by the Superior planets Jupiter and Saturn.

The fourth paragraph of the text is all about Saturn in Scorpio; - You put a knife against my back and you dare me to face the attack. You say, "For cowards there's no reward". Feel the heat... This is the dead-drop honesty of Scorpio. Heavan or Hell, and no reward for those who do not dare to face the challange.

The rythmn and beat of this song drives up a war. In spite of the sensitive, loving and spiritual aspect of Moon Virgo opposite Neptune in Pisces, it really feels as if the confrontation is with Saturn - in Scorpio. Whether Norway win the contest on the night remains to be seen. The first thing that caught my eye was the inconjunction between Venus and Pluto. I think that the chart for when the finals starts is supposed to say something about what the winning entry is all about. If this is the case of Margaret Berger, then for some it will only be a cool song, but for others - a Mystical insight. 8)

Damon

I actually think the best song won last year, I still like Euphoria and it was actually a bit of a club hit - at least in London last year.
Obviously politics are definitely involved of course, but I think the effects of it are less and less obvious in the last couple of years. Obviously neighbouring countries will still vote for one another and part of that reason is obviously political, and part because "patriots" are more likely to be in their neighbour's country if not their own (take Ireland and England as a good example) but we should also recognise that neighbouring countries are more likely to share a similar taste in music as well.

Of course there is nothing to stop you or any of us from also incorporating any political popularity into consideration when we look to the charts as well.

Damon wrote:Eurovision is all about politics.
We can't trust astrology to predict who wins. Look for a popular country at the moment, theyre likely to be winners.
Eurovision is about a lot of things; music, culture, politics, human rights, etc. This is a reasonable argument and probably one of the reasons I like the event. It takes the pulse of where we stand in a multi-political and cultural relationship to one another on a national and multi-national level.

The bookmakers odds don't necessarily have to be trusted and are due to change as the event gets closer. Some country or interests may initially back an entry to draw attention to this song, as it comes higher in the early ratings. However, this may be interpretated as the bidding of a hand of cards that expresses the ambition and intent of succeed in winning and arranging a future Eurovision event. Firstly, the Eurovision is a show and a circus, but it is a great opportunity to get in with the game and follow the action. :)

I do not know (yet) who will win , but know that our song from Serbia will not. :,

I cast the chart for question: Will "Moje 3" go to final?

Data for chart: 9 Mar 2013 6:58pm Beograd, Srbija, ASC=5Li46

Because I do not like their song "Moje 3" gets 7 house ruler Ma which is Under Sun's Beam and in turned 12 house. This placement tell us that they will be somehow "isolated", they will not be center of attention. Next, Moon is VOC, so there will be no change at all, so they will not go to final. Moon is voters and is in no dignity of Ma, so voters are not interested in them at all.
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

Goca wrote:Switzerland!
Are you willing to put money on that, Goca?? :o

Margaret Berger has up until now been dressed in White (the Moon) and it is announced she is single (Virgo)! I don't want to sound biased and there is certainly room to examine other options, but it would be great if someone else would provide more birthcharts and material we can compare with. What about the Danish, Russian og UK entry? Anything going on here that could topple the scales? Berger is Libra! ;)