Did i get accepted into University

Hey all

I got an interesting horary. Answer is already known. Take a best shot at it.
So here is the background. I dropped out from this uni in 96. I decided to return and actually finish it. Now my GPA is really good. One Uni counsler told me that I could apply but another said admission may deny you.
Today, I run into my classmate. He said he got a letter of acceptance in december. I was in school when I asked "did I get accepted?". When I got home, I found a letter. So did I get in or not?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8375/8446 ... 1b52_b.jpg

cheers
CD

Hi CD,

your co-significator, the Moon, is immediately perfecting his opposition to Jupiter, the university's significator, without mutual reception only her being received by Jupiter in his sign and terms. This alone would be a NO to your question.

But the Moon collects the light of Jupiter by this opposition and translates it to the Sun, your significator, by sextile.

So YES, the university has accepted you too.

Johannes

Thank you for posting this chart cosmicdolphin! This is the aspect that I hate the most! An opposition with (or even without!) reception is the hardest to judge in my experience.
I have seen that it seems to have the sense of things falling out from under you (like the modern inconjunct). Things can get cancelled at the last minute.
It is also said that even if you get what you want, it's not worth the effort for some reason. I have misjudged several charts with this aspect so I am very pleased to see it come up for examination in this forum.

johannes susato wrote: But the Moon collects the light of Jupiter by this opposition and translates it to the Sun, your significator, by sextile.
Johannes
Johannes, isn't collection of light when 2 lighter, faster planets apply to a slower, heavier one?

Do you mean that you see a future translation of light from Jupiter to Sun by the moon? Or have I got my terms wrong?

I'm sitting on the fence with this one. But if a gun was to my head, I'd say yes. With the sense of it not being worth it in the long run.

We also have Jupiter applying the AC which might help?
In fact, the moon is also applying to the AC... can AN ANGLE "collect the light?"
So perhaps this will mitigate the rather miserable sounding judgement of "yes, but it's not worth your while".

CD, with Sun in the 7th, do you have to change location to take the course?

PallasAthene wrote:
johannes susato wrote: But the Moon collects the light of Jupiter by this opposition and translates it to the Sun, your significator, by sextile.
Johannes
Johannes, isn't collection of light when 2 lighter, faster planets apply to a slower, heavier one?

Do you mean that you see a future translation of light from Jupiter to Sun by the moon? Or have I got my terms wrong?
PallasAthene, you are right, my terms have not been as proper as they should have, because collecting/collection of light is a given term.

It is surely better to say, the Moon TAKES Jupiter's light and translates it to the Sun. This (future translation of light) is incidentally against the general definition of translation, because the Moon should be already in separation from Jupter at the time of the question. But to the best of my knowledge there is also another definition of translation which would agree with our case here. In addition I see here an exception from the first definition insofar, as the translation is immediately and without prohibition to the significator of the querent - a repetition of the contact of the Moon with Jupiter by aspect, now by translation of the light from Jupiter to the Sun.

Johannes

Dum dum dum dummmm

Okay sooo answer is I GOT IN!

Here is the trip. Will I learn anything significant in uni for this major? probably NO BUT It will solidify what i already know plus in the US that bachlors means a lot. Waste of money IMO but whatever.

Pallene, I do not have to change locations of schools but I had to change majors! Kuddos for you finding it.

I will be done with Bachlors in Spring of 2014.

My major thing is putting portfolio together otherwise it is a waste of time.

Good job everyone!

here is how I would have judged this

Sun - me - crappy position - unhappy
Now lets find out why.
Jupiter rules the school - essentially messed up.
it is recovering from retro
Reception between two (simply BARF)
Lets look at the Moon.
Moon interestingly enough is ruling my 12th house and house end of the matters 4th from 9th- waste of time? Maybe!

Sun is completely void but once in pieces it is one sided reception. School will want me.
Jupiter and Sun are in critical degree so is the Moon - Not worth a hassle!

I have to say I will not learn anything at all!

CD
Last edited by cosmicdolphin on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks for this hint to a very interesting article, Trojan.

But the examples Tobyn gives as to translation of light, skip just our problem:
his last example (Mercury 15 Virgo Venus 16 Virgo Jupiter 21 Virgo, Mercury and Jupiter beeing significators) seems to approximate it the most, but
1. our problem includes three significators (Moon, Jupiter, the Sun);
2. Jupiter and the Sun are connected only by the Moon, not by own aspect.

Johannes

In regards to the question.

I would like to give my perspective from a whole sign view? Yeah I'm a rebel :lala

From a whole sign perspective Jupiter would rule the 8th house and mars then 9th. I think mars could fit too, especially as the moons very last aspect before venus was with mars, not jupiter. What I wonder is the signifcance of the 8th and 5th signs/houses? Moon is very close to the cusp of the 5th by only couple of degrees, andas said about to oppose jupiter. Mars ruler of the 9th sign is within a couple of degrees of a cusp in the 8th sign. So all of these seem very tied together. My guess would be some sort of grant or loan involved? This would fit to me as jupiter ids the natural ruler of money, and I cant think of a better house for grants, and other peoples money then the 5th, and 8th respectively.

The next aspect of the moon to jupiter conjunct the 11th house cusp of hopes and wishes would seem to fit your statement of the endeavor perhaps maybe being a waste of time. Personally I wonder if the question is more about the acceptance letter itself. Moons last seperation was ruler of the third whole sign of letters. Venus is the egyptian term ruler of the asc. and Saturn the asc face ruler (the search of the heart) so they are both relavant to the question. Saturn ruling the 7th house.

I wonder if its really more a 7th house matter? You have the school as a general thing, but some other person is still responsible for the grant. Anyway the sun seperates from Saturn and Saturn receives, so I would have taken that as a yes, and that the acceptance was already granted and since concluded.

Venus the letter hastens to the opposition of the asc. and has recently seperated from mars ruler of the 9th sign of higher education and the 4th sign of home, implying the letter having been sent.

Just my two cents.