Andrew wrote:
"But when it comes to putting together the judgement of a horary, there is a weighing and balancing of testimonies."

Which is what Lilly did, using guidelines from his own study and experience.

I 'weighed' the testimony, and although your points on reception are certainly valid, it is in MY opinion that the chart leans to a 'no'.

If I am wrong, I will have learned something. If I am correct, I will have learned something. It's a win/win.

Thank you for presenting the chart.

BM

Then I understand your judgement of the chart and advice to the client as follows: "No, there is no point in you travelling to a well-known football city in Europe to meet with the management of a club of great repute at this point in time, because there is nothing to be gained and nothing will come out of it. The journey will not advance your business and you are advised to stay at home."

I am not quite sure what you have learnt and the client has gained if this adviced was offered and followed. :???:
http://www.astronor.com

Andrew,

I cannot offer you a suggestion as to what you should tell your client.

Obviously the querent had some uncertainty, otherwise, I presume he would not have asked the horary question.

I will further presume you had uncertainty about the interpretation of the chart, otherwise you would not have presented the chart to the forum asking for feedback.

For me, there is negative testimony that I have pointed out in previous postings on this challenging chart.

Although the situation/question APPEARS to be a 'no brainer' (as we say here in the USA), the chart, from my observations, is not giving a resounding 'yes'. How the symbolic language of the negative testimony will play out in real life - I just don't know. Perhaps others on this forum can offer some further insight.

I may be interpreting your tone incorrectly, but you seem displeased with my responses. If you feel my interpretation invalid, then you certainly are more than welcome to say 'thank you' and move on.

As to what I may or may not learn from any given horary question on this forum, well - I think that is between 3 people. Me Myself and I.
;-)

All my best,
BM

I will further presume you had uncertainty about the interpretation of the chart, otherwise you would not have presented the chart to the forum asking for feedback.
That's alright, BM. I have contributed with over 4000 posts at the forum since I became a member in 2005 and also servered periods as moderator at both the sports section and the mundane section. I withdrew from these responsiblities due to the demands of my practice, but I still like to pop by and share the occasional chart or some interesting example of technique.

Sometimes the horary approach isn't always the matter of a 'yes' or a 'no, but just as much a question regarding approach and how matters can be resolved as they are gone into. I hope I didn't give you too much of a hard sweat on your take on this chart. I hope you will submit multiple contributions with great enthusiasm. This is the joy of the forum. If someone challenges my jugdement or approach on a chart, then I have to defend it by rational explaination. It is the inconjunct aspect with reception that is the curiosity of the chart. I believe I was hoping people would see how the chart offered opportunity. In the agency business relationships have to be coached and developed. Contracts are not signed on the first meeting. :)

"I have contributed with over 4000 posts at the forum since I became a member in 2005 and also servered periods as moderator at both the sports section and the mundane section. I withdrew from these responsiblities due to the demands of my practice"

Thank you for sharing your experience and background.
I have been a professional astrologer since the early 1980s, and studied traditional Horary about 13 years ago with one of Olivia Barclay's students who is one of the leading traditional Horary astrologers and teachers. Although I am not a regular on this particular forum, I am a member of three other traditional forums, one specifically horary - which i am one of the more regular participants.

"but I still like to pop by and share the occasional chart or some interesting example of technique."

I had no idea you were 'sharing a technique'. I thought you were asking for feedback on a specific chart.

"Sometimes the horary approach isn't always the matter of a 'yes' or a 'no'"

I agree. However, from what you posted, the querent was asking specifically about a business trip and whether it was valuable for his career to take this specific trip. Perhaps there are 3 possible answers: "yes, the trip is valuable", "no, the trip is not valuable', or "the trip has some value".
You seem to judge the chart as 'there is some value' based on the testimony you cited in the original post.
I, on the other hand, do not see value in this specific trip that the querent has enquired about. Just to reiterate for those who do not wish re read the posts prior to this - south node just inside 9th cusp is not favorable for a 'trip', and moreover, the co significator, the Moon is going to lose major dignity by moving from Cancer to Leo, and then oppose a sun in detriment.
I certainly comprehend your use of the inconjunct with mutual reception, but this is not something I have used, nor seen 'work' in practice. Besides, even if it was indeed a positive testimony, the negative testimony I have just mentioned would take precedence.

"but just as much a question regarding approach and how matters can be resolved as they are gone into."

Yes, it is always interesting to see the approach of another horary practitioner.

"I hope I didn't give you too much of a hard sweat on your take on this chart."

Not at all. The most challenging part of this chart was fully understanding the querent's question (which is often the greatest challenge.)

" I hope you will submit multiple contributions with great enthusiasm."

Perhaps I shall.

" If someone challenges my jugdement or approach on a chart, then I have to defend it by rational explaination."

Yes, by all means. That is how we all learn from each other.

"It is the inconjunct aspect with reception that is the curiosity of the chart. I believe I was hoping people would see how the chart offered opportunity."

Perhaps others will. I, as you know, do not.

" In the agency business relationships have to be coached and developed. Contracts are not signed on the first meeting. "

I certainly comprehend what you are saying.
However, I should think the querent knows this more than anyone since this is HIS business.
If this is true, then why is the querent asking the question?
If the querent knows that all relationships take time to nourish, and he is paving the way for future contracts, then why even ask the astrologer?
I would think he would just book his flight and 'away we go'.
However, this is not what the querent did.
No, he called his astrologer to ask if this specific trip to meet a specific person was valuable for him.
Perhaps the querent had other options to further his business, and time and money is valuable and does not want to take an unnecessary trip.
I don't know.
But what I do know, is that he asked a very specific question for a particular reason.
The querent was unsure. And that is why he asked you.
You see opportunity in the chart and I assume you may have told the querent 'there is enough opportunity there, so, yes, go on the trip'.
I, on the other hand would say "I am not seeing enough benefit from this particular trip - let's see if you can find another way to use your time and money to your benefit for future business."

BM

I have been a professional astrologer since the early 1980s, and studied traditional Horary about 13 years ago with one of Olivia Barclay's students who is one of the leading traditional Horary astrologers and teachers.
Excellent! The first QHP's from Olivia's course were awarded in June 1986, the two first to pass the course being Carol Wilson and myself. You also find me quoted on pg 103 in Olivia's book 'Horary Astrology Rediscovered'. But that will really have to do for an ego-trip for now. It would appear we have much of the same background, share many of the same thoughts and are as colleagues to be reckoned. :'

The querent asked the question for the following reason and as the chart suggests; The Moon, Lady of the Hour, separates from the opposition of Venus, Lady of the ascendant, so the querent had been persuing a relationship with the team management for some time, but there has been much dillying and dallying. The last few days of a transfer window are hectic with a lot of things happening in the last minute. There is a lot of money involved, relationships and conduct is important. The querent wants the briefing so that he doesn't enter meetings full of anticipation or frustration if matters don't go according to his wishes. He wants to enter the occasion with the correct disposition so he can understand what is going on and utilize the opportunity in the best possible way and to his advantage.

Neither can I see a specific contract or transfer in the works of the chart as the querent set out on his travel, but I still thing that there was the opportunity to score points - so I advised the querent to use the inconjunct aspect to listen in on needs and lacks of the parties he was going to meet with. Flexibility and attentiveness could go a long way, and i believe he should show face upon the occasion and see where matters go from there on.