ASC lord conjunct MC lord

Hi
I read about mid points betwen Sun/moon or Asc/mC and I wondered if it ever been mentioned that the MC or 10th lord conj ASc lord can be a sign of fame or dignity in the house where they fall given that it involves the MC?.
I cant say I have found anyone yet but I didnt look much since im having difficulty with astrotheme surfing. What ive seen is people who have the same plenet rulng MC and Asc
Thanks

Re: ASC lord conjunct MC lord

damon wrote:Hi
I read about mid points betwen Sun/moon or Asc/mC and I wondered if it ever been mentioned that the MC or 10th lord conj ASc lord can be a sign of fame or dignity in the house where they fall given that it involves the MC?.
I cant say I have found anyone yet but I didnt look much since im having difficulty with astrotheme surfing. What ive seen is people who have the same plenet rulng MC and Asc
Thanks
Damon, what exactly do you mean by:given that it involves the MC ?

Johannes

Re: ASC lord conjunct MC lord

johannes susato wrote:
damon wrote:Hi I read about mid points betwen Sun/moon or Asc/mC and I wondered if it ever been mentioned that the MC or 10th lord conj ASc lord can be a sign of fame or dignity in the house where they fall given that it involves the MC?. I cant say I have found anyone yet but I didnt look much since im having difficulty with astrotheme surfing. What ive seen is people who have the same plenet rulng MC and Asc Thanks
Damon, what exactly do you mean by:given that it involves the MC ? Johannes
MC ruler conjunct ASC ruler

Hi, damon.

It is funny that most astrology books don't offer such informations, isn't it?

In literature, we can usually find the list of planetary combinations (aspects), the list of astrological meanings referring to different planets in the 12 signs of the Zodiac and the influences of planets onto the houses they occupy (and vice versa).
In short, we are usually provided with the meanings for the following combinations: planet/planet , planet/sign, planet/house.
However, finding even a superficial information about the combinations of rulers is usually a mission impossible. I'm not saying that no one mentions them, I'm just saying that, whilst including the lists mentioned above appears to be an imperative when writing a book about astrology in general, the latter is hardly ever mentioned and almost never thoroughly explained.

Obviously, nothing is ever plain black or white and the real value of such combinations will highly depend upon the rest of the chart but the same can be said for all other combinations- their value is also very relative. Still, the value of other type of combinations is usually offered to us as a general guideline. The Moon in Aquarius is described as such and such. Our common sense will tell us as to how its influence will manifest in reality after we examine the whole chart. So, why don't we know more about the combinations of the rulers?! Hard to tell!

This was actually the first big puzzle that I came across when I started studying Astrology. My Ascendant ruler (Mercury) is partile conjunct Jupiter inside the the 12th. In my Natal chart, Jupiter is also the ruler of an angle - the 7th- as well as the ruler of the 8th cusp.
As you can imagine, my first astrological task was to try to understand the shape of my Ascendant ruler better and I can't tell you how much I was disappointed when I finished reading my first astrology book and realised that there was no mention of conjunctions between the rulers of Asc and DC . Or any other ruler or aspect for that matter.
The placement of my ruler inside the 12th- yes. Inside Leo- yes! conjunct Jupiter- yes! but, L1 conjunct L7- no!

I'm actually still searching for a book that would give me a better understanding of such a placement. Until then, I am left with my common sense. :D

Cheers,

aglaya
Last edited by aglaya on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karen-hamaker-zondag wrote a book called ''the house connection' that addresses this very issue.. it is a cookbook designed off the desire to make rulership connections around the chart like this.. i didn't really care for the book, but maybe someone else might like to know that such books do indeed exist with this specific focus in mind..published in 1994..

aglaya wrote:It is funny that most astrology books don't offer such informations, isn't it?
[...]
I'm actually still searching for a bok that would give me a better understanding of such a placement. Until then, I am left with my common sense. :D
Reading Jean-Baptiste Morin, Astrologia Gallica, Book Twenty-One,
The Morinus System of Horoscope Interpretation,
should help to many answers to your questions.
As far as I can remember, this is the source of Hamaker-Zondag.

Johannes
Last edited by johannes susato on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johannas,

thanks for pointing that out! you are correct, and in fact morins book 21 is infinitely better!@ do yourself a favour and get that before you think about karens book. i had a temporary lapse in memory forgetting morins book!

james

The original question is not exactly what Morin taught. Let's review:
I wondered if it ever been mentioned that the MC or 10th lord conj ASc lord can be a sign of fame or dignity in the house where they fall given that it involves the MC?.
Morin discusses ruler in the 1st posited in the 10th indicates fame or honors (as he would have said) based on the efforts of the individual. Ruler of the 10th in the first means honors come to the native naturally or with little or no effort. He did not, to my knowledge, discuss Lords 1 & 10 conjunct someplace else.

Morin looked to the planets in the house as significators of what the house represented particularly if they had an analogy with that house. So Sun in 10 indicates honors coming to the native regardless of what house is ruled by the Sun because the Sun has an analogy with honors. Saturn in the 10th means little if any honors or short lived honors because the meaning of Saturn is contrary to honors. Note, too that he is quick to point out that we cannot always combine meanings of houses this way.

He also states the strength of the dispositor must be taken into consideration. Suppose the native has an empty 10th house and its ruler is say in the 12th. It does not follow that it is impossible for the native to ever be awarded any honors or achieve anything significant. Since the Sun is analogous to honors, the strength of the ruler of the Sun might be such that honors will come to the native.

So going back to the original question, yes combining the two in conjunction might show achievement in the area of life shown by the house where they are posited, but it also depends on who they are, what they rule and where they are.

Book 21 deserves careful and slow study.

Thank you, Tom, for explaining this. So, Morin is saying that, when a planet occupies a certain house, it will affect the areas of life ruled by the house by its natural symbolism (combine the matters that it naturally rules with the matters ruled by the house). I get that! But, does he even suggest that the rulership over specific houses should also be examined? In better words- how important is the influence of the house from which the planet is coming? Will the Sun as the ruler of the 2nd and placed inside the 10th influence the 10th with the symbolism of the 2nd (finances as an example) as well?
He also states the strength of the dispositor must be taken into consideration. Suppose the native has an empty 10th house and its ruler is say in the 12th. It does not follow that it is impossible for the native to ever be awarded any honors or achieve anything significant. Since the Sun is analogous to honors, the strength of the ruler of the Sun might be such that honors will come to the native.
Interesting!

That's it, I'm getting myself Morin's books. I'm intrigued by this fellow, I have to admit! :)

Thanks again!

Cheers,

aglaya

Book 21 describes Morin's overall technique for delineating a natal chart. It is divided into two sections. The first section is the theoretical basis for what comes in the second section. The Second section is the techniques used including combining things the way I mentioned above.

He's not easy reading in part due to the differences in writing styles we are used to, but mostly because he is long winded and his sentences can be extremely long and difficult to follow. I recommend that you at least try to struggle a bit with the first section as there is valuable information in it and you won't get caught in the technique trap, i.e. looking at him as though he is just suggesting techniques. There are reasons for this thinking, and it is valuable to become familiar with them. Good luck.