Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

lot of parents and lot of money

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james_m

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: lot of parents and lot of money Reply with quote

excuse me for regularly making a fool of myself but reading ben dykes persian nativities can be as confusing as # when trying to actually understand what the book has to say on the parents for a good 5 pages when one can't be told what the formula is for the lot of parents as an example.. i am sure ben dykes means well, or that i am an idiot, but in the meantime if anyone would like to share what the formula for this or the lot of money is, that would be most helpful, as it is nowhere easy to find in his translated book! thanks - james
Konrad

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: lot of parents and lot of money Reply with quote

james_m wrote:
excuse me for regularly making a fool of myself but reading ben dykes persian nativities can be as confusing as # when trying to actually understand what the book has to say on the parents for a good 5 pages when one can't be told what the formula is for the lot of parents as an example.. i am sure ben dykes means well, or that i am an idiot, but in the meantime if anyone would like to share what the formula for this or the lot of money is, that would be most helpful, as it is nowhere easy to find in his translated book! thanks - james

The lots are given in the text itself, sometimes the footnotes and again in a list at the back of the book.

Lot of Money is found in section [1.8], pg 84.

The Lot of Parents is from Valens' Anthology but there is a break in the text that has been translated, so we don't know what the formula is. Ben says this in his footnotes at the beginning of the section.
james_m

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks konrad,

as i am reading this in bits and pieces it is even more difficult.. that is what i thought, but reading 5 or so pages that is totally focused on the lot of the parents without being able to know the lot of the parents seems meaningless to me.. i do read the footnotes which makes this book a challenge as well as their are countless footnotes and i did read it last night but thought, well maybe someone knows from reading valens closely and picking it up, but it appears not according to what you tell me today..
favro

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the lot of the parents see:

The Lot or Part of Fortune by Robert Hand Part 4

http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_fortune_e.htm
james_m

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks favro, but as ben dykes says in his book - the lot of parents is not the same as the lot of the father or the lot of the mother.. that is a good general link for others.. thanks for trying!!! cheers james
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: