Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

mystery chart exercise dec 21 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon,

Here are the two previous Mystery Chart threads from this year:

Mystery Chart exercise March 3rd 2012

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6600

Mystery Chart Exercise March 11th 2012

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6618

I personally think its too late in the day to be picking over the bones of these old threads now. Your welcome to study them but I have no inclination to go over my detailed delineation thoughts now. These threads are not really about answering beginners questions. They are for demonstrating what we have learned and sharing it in that way.

If others choose to share their thoughts from the old threads its their choice.

One further bit of advice which you are welcome to take or leave. You seem to be zig-zagging all over the place. My advice is stick with one methodology for a while. If your sidereal stay sidereal or vice versa on tropical. Same on choice of house system. Give a particular approach a few months or longer. Otherwise you will be constantly flip flopping and unable to make your mind up on how to delineate charts. I do think you also need a clear line on sign rulerships. I much prefer traditional rulerships but I know others that work with the outers as rulers. Whatever you do stick with it!

You simply cannot decide your whole approach to astrology based on a few exercises like this. So inevitably there has to be some trial and error. Getting things wrong can be very useful too as it gives you in the field experience of what tends to work/not work.

best wishes,

Mark
Ile

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I forgot that I answered that one too [with Dave Brubeck] Confused

This was on 5 March and somewhere in early February I started with traditional astrology; this it is obvious from my analysis which is short, but still, guessed right.
In this way or another, Mark, now I have 3 of 3, and I'm just in line with you hehe

Though your answers on all 3 are much deeper and thorough Thumbs up

I think that trying to guess a profession of someone who is with lower social status can be trickier then guessing these successful persons of a eminent profession.
For example, someone is Environmental Hygienist and you are asked to guess his profession, would you? Now, this is real pain. Though, guessing which one is an actor 1 of 3, or musician 1 of 3, is also not the easiest task.

Damon, sorry, I loss track of which chart you are referring?
damon

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ile wrote:
OMG I forgot that I answered that one too [with Dave Brubeck] Confused

This was on 5 March and somewhere in early February I started with traditional astrology; this it is obvious from my analysis which is short, but still, guessed right.
In this way or another, Mark, now I have 3 of 3, and I'm just in line with you hehe

Though your answers on all 3 are much deeper and thorough Thumbs up

I think that trying to guess a profession of someone who is with lower social status can be trickier then guessing these successful persons of a eminent profession.
For example, someone is Environmental Hygienist and you are asked to guess his profession, would you? Now, this is real pain. Though, guessing which one is an actor 1 of 3, or musician 1 of 3, is also not the easiest task.

Damon, sorry, I loss track of which chart you are referring?

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6600&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Its the third one of the cardinal,but I think you were using triplicity rulers for his career
I noticed you and Mark focus on sextiles and trines to MC.What about conjunctions?

thanks
Ile

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damon wrote:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6600&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Its the third one of the cardinal,but I think you were using triplicity rulers for his career
I noticed you and Mark focus on sextiles and trines to MC.What about conjunctions?
thanks

You see, for the Cardinal's chart you can take clues from many chart factors.
I would first notice [now in hindsight] that Moon ruler of 9th sign is in 10th sign. This still doesn't tell us that he is working with religion or so, but notice how Moon is applying toward Mercury ruler of MC in 11th sign of group and organizations [pro modern] and natural significator of Faith and Religion.
Moon separates from Saturn who is significator of those who wears black, that is, monks and people who are living in celibacy.
So, we have several clues for someone who is working with Religion [at least now in hindsight].

As for the trines and sextiles to the MC, yes, and conjunctions count.
Even squares and oppositions, but they would probably bring some conflicts and struggles, though, if they are Benefic and rules the MC, this doesn't necessary has to be so [at least, not the squares, the oppositions are tricky], in my opinion.

Read the answer of Cor Scorpii, he guessed it right.
damon

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Its the first time I hear sbout 11th connected with religion though.
So a Jupiter at MC in 9,would be similar to Jupiter lord of MC in 9?A religious person,or magstrate,teacher
Nixx

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Geoffrey"]
Nixx wrote:

I was impressed that the number of approaches people used to get at the 'actor' in these charts actually exceeded the number of people taking part! And yet, the majority came to the conclusion that chart 2 was the actor. The point was that in general, the whole chart was looked at to see if the chart as a whole made sense as an actor - or something else.

Now, that took quite a bit of effort - and that was only three charts. Suppose you are given a thousand charts to look at with the brief of picking out the actors. What are you going to do? You are going to look for shortcuts which will turn the process into a mechanical one. How many charts have Libra rising and so on. The process by which the one thousand charts would be analysed would be different to that which would be used to analyse one, or three charts. Is this why 'scientific' validation of astrology has failed?

Where the art is left in the delineation process, validity tests of astrology do quite well. The problem is that it is not scientifically valid to leave the art in astrology and when you try to remove it, the astrology suffers.

Geoffrey

I see how you read my comment, what I meant was Science or Reality might require us to us do a 1,000 1 from 3 chart tests like this in controlled settings. If anyone picks the correct chart/vocation over 500 times they may have a reason to replicate. It would be better to do a 100 1 from 5 tests and provide more, non leading, information. Both time and stats wise.

A more interesting question in this context might be what kind of result would astrologers be seeking if examined like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: