skyscript.co.uk
   

home articles forum events
glossary horary quiz consultations links more

Read this before using the forum
Register
FAQ
Search
View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Log in to check your private messages
Log in
Recent additions:
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

mystery chart exercise dec 21 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ile



Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 132

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Ile wrote:
Quote:
lol no, I used imaginary divisions


Considering you had the handicap of Placidus houses you did exceptionaly well regardless. Wink

Mark


Thanks, congratulations on your thorough analysis too Thumbs up
I'm not handicapped with Whole Signs though, I'm more confused with equal houses, never have used them Confused

I'm often combining Whole Signs and Alcabitius.

Quote:
Seriously, though your delineation of Mars in chart 1 was outstanding as he seems to have moved around all over the place. I at least picked up his health issues (partly from WS indications )


Well, I have often seen Mars on angles, especially on DC, in chart of people who are Gasterbeiters, and people who travel a lot.

I kind of nailed on the third chart with the pilot with the traveling thing Shocked
I remember that I've read Abu Ma'shar a couple of days prior:

Quote:
[Saturn] And he signifies travel by sea, and foreign travel [that is] far away and at great length.

Quote:

[Mars signifies] And foreign journeys and the condition of solitary people, and bad companionship


So, here I've got the symbolism of traveling, among other significations.

Quote:
I at least picked up his health issues (partly from WS indications )


Yes, this is great catch! I can see that he died young. Shocked


Last edited by Ile on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mark
Moderator


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 5156
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nixx wrote:

Quote:
Anyway I must read up on this fellow, name rings a bell but mind is vacant for now.


I have always admired Duvall's work. A clever, intelligent actor. Probably his most famous roles are in Apocalypse Now and the Godfather series of films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&v=bPXVGQnJm0w&gl=GB

Mark
_________________
‘’As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity…’’ William Lilly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 3728
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a new exercise is up on the traditional forum with 5 charts instead of 3... i am going to go more slowly releasing info on the 2nd chart out of the 5 and make it a bit more of a workout, so take your time.. hopefully it can work for everyone..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mark
Moderator


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 5156
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks James,

This is very generous of you doing all this work for us.

I will not personally be able to participate in any new exercise until the end of the week myself due to the festive break.

regards

Mark
_________________
‘’As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity…’’ William Lilly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 3728
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mark,

hopefully you can still participate!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mark
Moderator


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 5156
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James_M
Quote:
hopefully you can still participate!


Not sure this time. Its a rather busy week for a lot of people I think.

I really should be attending to other things even now! I think I might have to skip this one.

Mark
_________________
‘’As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity…’’ William Lilly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nixx



Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 295

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:

I have always admired Duvall's work. A clever, intelligent actor. Probably his most famous roles are in Apocalypse Now and the Godfather series of films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&v=bPXVGQnJm0w&gl=GB

Mark


Wiki is suggesting he is a pretty hard core one. Had 'the actor' been doing it just for money/fame, fell into it, was pretty unremarkable even if they had a load of Oscars, etc then I would have been a bit off the play money myself here.

Mitt Romney supporter apparently, Capricorn- Cancer not known for progressive humanitarian leanings I suppose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
damon



Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Posts: 419

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the biggest problem was the fact that he isnt your archetypal actor,too Saturnine,which is confirmed by the chart,hence the reason I ruled him out.
Nixx,I wasnt trying to win some competition if thats what youre suggesting. For me these mystery charts are a way to learn,much better than any book or discussion.
From what I have seen it is one for WSH.Sadly for me cause I dont like my WSH chart Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 3728
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have heard an association of saturn with masks.. perhaps the idea that someone could conceal something via a strong saturn in a chart is an asset to an actor? really one has to drop their own personal identity and adopt that of another.. using a mask is a good way to do it...

i mostly think of actors as jupiter prominent, but then this is why we do these exercises.. to try to figure out what planet might have the most immediate connection to a profession, or to make some astro association with a profession and something in the astro chart.. venus emphasized might give a stronger inclination to the arts which acting is considered a part of too.. i think it is more challenging to do these exercises then one first might imagine.. making an association with the fire element and acting is all fine and good too, but as we all know - a chart has many things going for it and not very often all that cut and dry..

with regard to profession - aside from what others have shared here with their comments so far, are there any astro signatures that others associate with acting that haven't been discussed?

in terms of how successful someone is or isn't, i would imagine some astrologers think we ought to be able to see this in a chart too, while maybe perhaps some don't as well.. i don't know that it is critically important, but some seem to think it is.. for those who do, do you not think it possible to see professional success in a chart? curious..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
damon



Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Posts: 419

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REgarding acting ive always heard of Neptune or Jupiter angular or aspecting Venus or Sun.Thats pretty much it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
damon



Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Posts: 419

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The triplicity rulers suggest the first part of life was hard as Jupiter was in 8th place,but the remaining periods are good,Sun and Saturn are in second,or first if you prefer placidus.However they are out of sect
I wonder what Ile thinks?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nixx



Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 295

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damon wrote:
For me the biggest problem was the fact that he isnt your archetypal actor,too Saturnine,which is confirmed by the chart,hence the reason I ruled him out.
Nixx,I wasnt trying to win some competition if thats what youre suggesting. For me these mystery charts are a way to learn,much better than any book or discussion.
From what I have seen it is one for WSH.Sadly for me cause I dont like my WSH chart Very Happy


I wouldn't assume it ''is one for WSH' but it might be. WSH' s for me are intriguing like lots of early ideas but any emergent legitimacy would reduce my own scopics to unreserved ridicule. Note the bias.

I was just suggesting it is easier, and playing by the rules, to pick one chart and stick to it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mark
Moderator


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 5156
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nixx wrote:
Quote:
I wouldn't assume it ''is one for WSH' but it might be. WSH' s for me are intriguing like lots of early ideas but any emergent legitimacy would reduce my own scopics to unreserved ridicule. Note the bias.


Its was largely a tongue in cheek comment Nixx although it probably appeared more dogmatic. I was simply hoping to get a reaction from Margherita. Very Happy

Still if anyone is interested here is Robert Duvall's chart in whole sign houses:



Mark
_________________
‘’As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity…’’ William Lilly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mark
Moderator


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 5156
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon wrote:
Quote:
The triplicity rulers suggest the first part of life was hard as Jupiter was in 8th place,but the remaining periods are good,Sun and Saturn are in second,or first if you prefer placidus.However they are out of sect


Its a night birth Damon so the sect light is the Moon here. In sequence the Dorothean triplicity rulers of water in a night chart are Mars, Venus and the Moon.

I assume you must be taking triplicity lords from the ASC rather than the sect light? That is not the original method found in Greek or Perso-Arabic astrology which focused on the luminary of time. I think Bonatti was the first to apply this method to the ASC. Of course we can apply these methods anywhere we like. For example the MC which in sequence is ruled by Mercury, Saturn, and Jupiter.

Mark
_________________
‘’As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity…’’ William Lilly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
damon



Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Posts: 419

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Damon wrote:
Quote:
The triplicity rulers suggest the first part of life was hard as Jupiter was in 8th place,but the remaining periods are good,Sun and Saturn are in second,or first if you prefer placidus.However they are out of sect


Its a night birth Damon so the sect light is the Moon here. In sequence the Dorothean triplicity rulers of water in a night chart are Mars, Venus and the Moon.

Mark

I was looking at triplicity rulers of ASC like Dykes mentioned in the M Jackson thread.But I see your point.
What do you think was the main reason chart 2 won the day?
I am wondering whether without that Venus in first in WSH, he could still be an actor.
One member mentioned that Saturn conjunct Sun or MC ruler makes actors to add to the confusion. I had never heard ofSaturn being associated with acting though Christopher Lee has it rising in Libra

Note that in Susan Boyles chart triplicity of ASC seems to make more sense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
. Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

       
Contact Deborah Houlding  | terms and conditions  
All rights on all text and images reserved. Reproduction by any means is not permitted without the express
agreement of Deborah Houlding or in the case of articles by guest astrologers, the copyright owner indictated