Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

mystery chart exercise dec 21 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nixx

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point of Order. Surely Damon and Tzaddle should be disqualified, in Damon's case at least twice, and go without Brussel sprouts on Xmas day. These grave shenanigans I've never seen the likes of at Skyscript! Thumbs downShocked

If OSCAR isn't chart 2 I propose the Skyscript forum is suspended for a month so due penance is served by the brethren.

Yes James, put us out of our stupidty soon before chaos engulfs us.
james_m

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi graham,

this is why overseeing these exercises is a challenge.. it is a bit of a 'damned if i do and damned if i don't' situation.. if folks just think of it as an opportunity to share their astrological thinking process with others, i think we all benefit, regardless of whether the answer is right or wrong..

i have another mystery exercise ready to go and am holding off til this one reaches a point where i share who is who.. at this point it seems premature to those on the sidereal thread like konrad and etc who might want to venture a guess.. if i give the info now, that gets taken away..

anyone is welcome to pm me if they have some good insight on how to 'lead' these exercises.. i was actually talking with tom last week about him doing another one, as i enjoyed the last one so much.. i realized that if it was going to happen, i would need to be the one doing this which deprives me of the process myself, but i still feel this is a good learning thing for me astrologically and socially. i am holding off giving more info for the moment..
Mark

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,

It seems like all the votes are in (although there is a bit of shameless vote tampering going on by some at the last minute Wink ). This is really not the way to play. Make a clear delineation, stick to your guns and go down with dignity if your wrong. All the more kudos to you if your right.

When are you giving us the results? I dont want to see any more last minute conversions to a new chart following your clue.

Mark
damon

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nixx wrote:
Point of Order. Surely Damon and Tzaddle should be disqualified, in Damon's case at least twice, and go without Brussel sprouts on Xmas day. These grave shenanigans I've never seen the likes of at Skyscript! Thumbs downShocked If OSCAR isn't chart 2 I propose the Skyscript forum is suspended for a month so due penance is served by the brethren. Yes James, put us out of our stupidty soon before chaos engulfs us.
On my first post I favoured chart one followed by 3. 2 is out. The reason I chose two charts is that I think any of them two could be actor. Chart 3 as only favorite is only for the sideral thread and is only a test of SA techniques. it is based on the idea that dispositor of lord of 10 in good condition as well as lord of 10 in good condition is good for career. 3rd chart is the only which fits. Thats the little I know of that system,not much more. As for tropical ive already mebtioned why i favour 1 and 3,so I dont understand your problem. I never changed opinion
damon

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the person a successful actor or just an average?
Im surprised nobody asked this question cause anyone can be an actor with a bit of luck but still be mediocre.
I know of guys who becameactors almost by accident

Last edited by damon on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon wrote:
Quote:

Who knows? Lets wait and see. Very Happy I suppose it depends how you define 'success'.

Mark
damon

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Damon wrote:
Quote:
Who knows? Lets wait and see. Very Happy I suppose it depends how you define 'success'. Mark
famous,rich you know..
james_m

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay folks.. thanks so much for sharing and participating in this exercise. i really feel we all benefit seeing how everyone arrives at the positions in all of this..

here are the wikipedia pages for the 3 charts in the order they appear in my posts.. i am going to do myself a favour and put up another quiz for both the tropical and sidereal sections at the same time so that i rule out releasing info at 2 different times in 2 different sections to confuse anyone.. like i said, if anyone has any good ideas to make these exercises work better for all of us, let me know here, or via pm. thanks!

chart 1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_von_Platen-Hallerm%C3%BCnde

chart 2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Duvall

chart 3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Lilienthal
damon

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james_m wrote:
okay folks.. thanks so much for sharing and participating in this exercise. i really feel we all benefit seeing how everyone arrives at the positions in all of this.. here are the wikipedia pages for the 3 charts in the order they appear in my posts.. i am going to do myself a favour and put up another quiz for both the tropical and sidereal sections at the same time so that i rule out releasing info at 2 different times in 2 different sections to confuse anyone.. like i said, if anyone has any good ideas to make these exercises work better for all of us, let me know here, or via pm. thanks! chart 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_von_Platen-Hallerm%C3%BCnde chart 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Duvall chart 3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Lilienthal

This is one for tropical.
Still, Duvall always struck me as an introvert,even in the roles he plays
Thanks.
Next time please let us know whether the person is successful in the caree as that can make a difference
damon

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean,Smit and Mather should have a look at this. The rate of success of astrologers here is quite high. This is a good way to study astrology
Bring on more mystery charts Thumbs up
Mark

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel this exercise is another vindication for Whole sign houses. Thumbs up

Duvall's MC ruler (Venus) is cadent in the 12th house in every house system except whole sign.

Mark

Last edited by Mark on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ile

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:

Duvall's MC ruler (Venus) is cadent in the 12th house in every house system except whole sign.

Mark

lol no, I used imaginary divisions Very Happy
Nixx

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:

Mark

Hold on a minute, isn't it a vindication for the 12th house being Neptunian or Hollyweird?

Also us Psychos have little sympathy for these house hierarchy or un/fortunate notions, they are all terrible!

Anyway I must read up on this fellow, name rings a bell but mind is vacant for now.

Last edited by Nixx on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ile wrote:
Quote:
lol no, I used imaginary divisions

Considering you had the handicap of Placidus houses you did exceptionally well regardless. Wink

Seriously, though your delineation of Mars in chart 1 was outstanding as he seems to have moved around all over the place. I at least picked up his health issues (partly from WS indications )

Mark
Nixx

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damon wrote:
On my first post I favoured chart one followed by 3. 2 is out. The reason I chose two charts is that I think any of them two could be actor. Chart 3 as only favorite is only for the sideral thread and is only a test of SA techniques. it is based on the idea that dispositor of lord of 10 in good condition as well as lord of 10 in good condition is good for career. 3rd chart is the only which fits. Thats the little I know of that system,not much more. As for tropical ive already mebtioned why i favour 1 and 3,so I dont understand your problem. I never changed opinion

If you are a lawyer Damon, I'd love a seat at your next case in the High Court. I think we worked out what you were doing, hedging your bets sums it up!

I hope you work out what Sun sign fits you sooner rather than later, mixing zodiacs makes all astrologers look ludicrous, and this usual perception many of us have been navigating for years without your help.

Re Smit and co they would say ok then here is another thousand let's see if it was luck, quite rightly so as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: