Predicting, Collecting and verifying Actual Events

The contributions to Astrology that Skyscript has provided to the astrological community are incredibly significant. It has as its members, possibly the greatest repository of Astrological information readily available to the astrologer and aspiring astrologers.

As such, I often wondered why it is not used more as a quasi-scientific research center, collecting and verifying astrological premises, aspects, placements, to compile / verify actual life events that happen, with their respective planetary placements, to document and collect the information.

Astrology is divination, plain and simple. Some say it is an art, with the practitioner subconsciously interpreting the symbols, combining their traditional study and processing it on a level of intuition to predict an event. Whether it is founded in the ancient, traditional or modern precepts, in all of these categories there are Astrologers who are very good at predicting actual events in a person?s life.

Vary rarely do I ever see a post that says, I predicted this and that: And it happened as I said it would, as I learned using Astrology?s precepts, that is what should have occurred, and it did!

That is what I would like to see here. A collection of actual aspects and configurations, with the chart posted, as well as the astrologer stating what actually happened in the person?s life. Then, asking the community for more examples using their vast array of experience as to how many others had clients with the same event occurring with the same aspects.

After collecting a vast array of actual examples, create a panel, or after giving the community a chance to study the configurations in the chart, then as a community, accept, reject or modify, the aspect, chart configurations and vote on a specific delineation of that aspect or configuration and accept it as a community.

As it stands now, there can be very many meanings and events that COULD happen, with a particular aspect/configuration, however, there is a reason why THAT particular event happened and not any other. I think as a community we could clarify, and determine why that particular even happened and not any other.

With the vast amount of knowledgeable and experienced astrologers here, the community should be able to do that. It would be a huge invaluable collection of information that was verified.

I do not consider myself anywhere near the caliber of Astrologers as so many of you on this site. I work for a living and have studied Astrology on an off for many, many years, I have not made it my life. However, I have predicted many, many, many actual events using the modern techniques. I am not very good at using the traditional astrological verbiage, but the predictions are still as accurate.

So why not collect all of the accurate, real life events from a particular configuration and lets compile them? That is what the ancients did, they looked at what actually happened and preserved the knowledge gained. We should and could do the same as a community.

So many examples could be given such as: I have so many examples with Saturn touring the 2nd house of income, income sources definitely do shrink, if financial discipline has not been practiced. As a result possessions also shrink. Another example that is a definite is when the Progressed MC changes signs, the career does indeed take on a very different quality and many changes, those changes vary according to the configuration, house, aspects, etc, but change it does THAT IS A DEFINITE. That is what I would like to see collected, a list of DEFINITE events with the configuration that brought the event on, collected and preserved, and verified by this community to accept it as such.
What do you all think?

I guess that you've never heard of Astrodynes, which were developed by the Church Of Light in Los Angeles, CA, USA from about 1920-1950.

They had thousands of acolytes all over the world and used a complex questionnaire of about 20 pages that was developed for each of something like 30,000 charts. Using these charts, and basically hand calculated statistics, they developed an extensive process that determines the strength/weakness and friction/easy action(they called it harmony) of all the aspects, houses, planets(plus the MH and ASC), and signs in a chart.

I could not do astrology without it. For many years it could not be used because the calculations for just one chart took about 10 hours by hand. But with the advent of computers, there are now three programs that do it for you.

I have more information on my website about it if you want it.

Zarathu
Zarathu Astrology: http://zarathuastrology.zohosites.com/

Thank You

Thank you for your information! You know, I remember, back in the late 60's early 70's, I got one of those questionnaires and filled it out, but I recall it was in Canton, Ohio.

I will definitely look at this site, how interesting, I'm excited to check it out, tomorrow when I get time!!

Thanks, much appreciated!

Re: Predicting, Collecting and verifying Actual Events

MorningSun wrote:

Astrology is divination, plain and simple. Some say it is an art, with the practitioner subconsciously interpreting the symbols, combining their traditional study and processing it on a level of intuition to predict an event. Whether it is founded in the ancient, traditional or modern precepts, in all of these categories there are Astrologers who are very good at predicting actual events in a person?s life.
You might be surprised to know that plenty of astrologer's have little time or sympathy for the it is 'divination' hypothesis.

As to 'very good at', can you name one? I can't.

Nixx wrote:
MorningSun wrote:

As to 'very good at', can you name one? I can't.
Alice McDermott, Noel Tyl, Celeste Teal, and pretty much any astrologer at the 90% proficient level and above. The late Kt Boehrer, my mentor, was uncanny. The more late Ivy Goldstein Jacobson was even more uncanny.

The fact that you cannot name one does not mean that there aren't any. it means that:

a. No offense, but you have not progressed far enough into your studies of astrology to understand how this is done, and

b. that you personally have not known anyone who can do this.

For example, I have reached the point where often I just don't want to know.

I have developed a process using the nuances provided by asteroids, that can has been successful in predicting winners in USA presidential elections which I took back to Woodrow Wilson in 1916. I didn't use it this year because I was too configured in hoping that Obama won. I just didn't want to know if he was going to lose.

However, through all of this: astrology is not fate. For high level human beings, the entrance of Free Will is important. I used to know an astrologer named Gonzalo Pena(perhaps some of you know him), who spent his astrological career predicting DEATH. He was very smart, also holding a PhD in biochemistry, having taught at Harvard University and other places. He said that astrology for humans could only be steadily correct 85% of the time. Sometimes people just refuse to die; and then they don't.

Predictive Accuracy

I disagree with Nixx, and agree with Zarathu. The way the quote is copied and pasted it looks like I said you can't find any good ones. Not true. I have predicted many events in peoples lives as well as provide a way out of difficult situations by waiting until a better time, or let them know when it will end, when to act on what they want to achieve, etc, etc, etc.

I also agree with Zarathu that Celeste Teal is very good. Not sure of the others.

And yes, Nixx, I know the term divination is not popular. But plain and simple that is what it is!!! Why else even bother with it? You don't spend all that time studying, not to apply it, although it does seem many just study it for the sake of understanding it, I guess or understanding themselves and others. The more you practice it the better you get at it!

But sometimes, because there are so many nuances, different meanings, strengths, many active aspects at once, then it is more difficult to make a determination as to the outcome of the event or the event itself actually occurring. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Re: Predictive Accuracy

MorningSun wrote:
But sometimes, because there are so many nuances, different meanings, strengths, many active aspects at once, then it is more difficult to make a determination as to the outcome of the event or the event itself actually occurring. Just my thoughts on the matter.
This is why I could never ever do real astrology without being able to separate the essential from the less essential from the basically non-essential in a chart---FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. And when you throw in Harmonics and Asteroids(and I use more than 600 asteroids), it is beyond essential.

The only way to do this is to use Cosmodyne Technology. You van find all the avail books and several articles on my website. One you know which aspects, planets, houses, signs in a chart produce the most friction when used, and which ones are more effective, which ones have the most impact from a power point of view, you can immediately break down what is important from what is not. Then you can take what is now an enormous amount of information, but not infinite, and organize it into what the client need to know.

Of course, I've broken it down even further into my Seven Quotients of Astrology?. But people can use their own styles after they know what is important and what is really just fluff.

Incidentally, Noel Tyl(very famous American Astrologer) trumpets Solar Arc Directions as THE Method for prediction. Unfortunately, if you have a very friction producing or weak Sun in your chart, this method will give you very very spotty results in prediction.

Zarathu wrote:

Alice McDermott, Noel Tyl, Celeste Teal, and pretty much any astrologer at the 90% proficient level and above. The late Kt Boehrer, my mentor, was uncanny. The more late Ivy Goldstein Jacobson was even more uncanny.

The fact that you cannot name one does not mean that there aren't any. it means that:

a. No offense, but you have not progressed far enough into your studies of astrology to understand how this is done, and

b. that you personally have not known anyone who can do this.

For example, I have reached the point where often I just don't want to know. .
No offense taken. I was on my way to the Emerald Tablet but me TOM TOM took me down a cul de sac called reality.

b/- Is admirable logic, I haven't known a Kiwi Fruit to dance the charleston either, but I don't rule out the possibility, that would be arrogant.

Alice is a treasure, has she told you when you are going to die yet?

Mark a moddy here is a big fan of Noel, his favourite book is the 1,000,000 25th century predictions which were never going to happen if your cerebral cortex was intact and you had a rudmentary grasp of Platonic Horoscopics. Personally I regard the seemingly quite widespread consensus Noel is the world's premier astrological numpty as a little harsh. He clearly has a fan in your good self. That makes 2 at least, which is twice as many as 1. Uncanny if you ask me.

You might be glossing over the rumour Celeste was operating at the 89.23% level, envy behind it no doubt.

:' :' :'

Re: Predictive Accuracy

MorningSun wrote:
And yes, Nixx, I know the term divination is not popular. But plain and simple that is what it is!!! Why else even bother with it? .
It is quite popular but the diviners have a few philosophical schisms of their own to navigate. Did you engage yourself with the feisty Curry/ Greene debate in Culture and Comsos.

I don't bother with it because I am not interested in or open to the divine you might say. Yet I still bother with it as long as folks with Moon in Libra are perceived by my dubious neural nets to give me more space than I need.

lol nixx! you bring some good humour to the site which i enjoy.. it is also funny because much of what you say i agree with..

as for marks favourite book, i will have to hear that from mark himself to believe it..

personally i find noel tyls astrology a bore and not all that great, but since he churns out students like robots that say how great he is, we have to live with it regardless..

making predictions in astrology isn't all that easy and few are willing to share there work openly. it would be nice if it happened more, but then it is only one side to astrology and not the only one that astrologers are involved in..

nixx, i can't seem to send you a pm. send me an email and i will connect via their if you are up for it sandstone8@yahoo.com

james_m wrote:lol nixx! you bring some good humour to the site which i enjoy.. it is also funny because much of what you say i agree with..

as for marks favourite book, i will have to hear that from mark himself to believe it..

personally i find noel tyls astrology a bore and not all that great, but since he churns out students like robots that say how great he is, we have to live with it regardless..

making predictions in astrology isn't all that easy and few are willing to share there work openly. it would be nice if it happened more, but then it is only one side to astrology and not the only one that astrologers are involved in..

nixx, i can't seem to send you a pm. send me an email and i will connect via their if you are up for it sandstone8@yahoo.com

Well all I can say is after 30 odd yrs in the Horoscopy game I am yet to meet a Horoscopist who seems serious and grounded about the whateveritis to have a good word for Noel. They may exist though?I find his output mostly unreadable psychobabble.

Of course if an astrologer was to make a load of improbable predictions and many came true we would have to rethink a lot of this. Life as we know it would change overnight, would this be exciting or frightening. We might all go mad ,........... end of the world in 3 weeks I better email you quick!