Hi lihin.
Usually i put Him back in the chart at an appropriate stage after the client has been successfully de-conditioned from sun-sign astrological assumptions. In my humble experience his importance in natal astrology is generally much exaggerated in modern astrologies but already to some extent in the Western Renaissance.
Would like to know how do you de-condition a client from 'Sun'? I had been rather absent from 'Skyscript' from the past 3 years. Perhaps your way of analysis may help me in my consultations
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Horatio wrote:Hi lihin.
Usually i put Him back in the chart at an appropriate stage after the client has been successfully de-conditioned from sun-sign astrological assumptions. In my humble experience his importance in natal astrology is generally much exaggerated in modern astrologies but already to some extent in the Western Renaissance.
Would like to know how do you de-condition a client from 'Sun'? [..]
Just as I am very sceptic about this "de-conditioning" it would be of great interest to hear more about this and to discuss the matter. But: do you not agree that this is off topic here in the philosophical context of the existence of an astrolgogical community?
My proposal were a new thread in the Astrolgoy forum.

Johannes
Last edited by johannes susato on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul wrote: The original poster made the remark that there are many sub-groups of astrologers each with their own philosophy. I see no reason why we can't budge down the aisle and make room for Juan's as well - and, it should be noted, he is not alone in these opinions.
Not many 'astrologers' (and consensual reality suggests Juan can't use this label) take the view the best way of engaging with your deep psyche is by using a birth date for you of 3/2/1833, Vienna, 3.23pm.

Most threads on Skyscript and most of the articles available here are made redundant, as well as the raison d??tre of this ?religious? cyber venue. (Forum Policy No 1 -Most Important, ...... might be worth re-reading!). Than again some might say in the light of Horoscopy's nasty history, and present (Burma, Mossad, 2nd world war ,,,,,,,,,,) , we need a paradigm shift into another dictionary and fora.

On the plus side Juan does eliminate the Zodiac problem, unknown TOB?S's, house system?s, and numerous other tuning issues with the ''higher cosmic morality'' , surely a reason to rejoice in this festive season (seasonal or not semantics eliminated as well.). Mince pie?

juan,

my own experience is this.. i am working with symbols and i am making connections between those symbols and reality.. now whether one wants to call this science or art, or even astrology, i don't really care too much but it is in the context of how most people know astrology.. the main thing is in the 'doing'.. if on the other hand the main thing is in 'tearing something apart' i suppose that is fine too, but that is not my focus and why i think what i do astrologically is more art then anything else.. i might be wrong, but it seems like a game of semantics to you from what i read here..

nixx - i have been trying to send you some pms but they are going thru blank for some reason, and i have had the same experience with some of my posts from earlier today on the mundane thread.. hopefully it will get fixed so you can read my reply and hopefully this message goes thru as well.. cheers
Juan wrote:
james_m wrote:how would you categorize or define "modelling of reality" as you put it?
Essentially, astrologers reduce any human reality to celestial coordinates, according to specific procedural and semantic rules and conventions. Thus, for instance, the discrete abstract coordinate that astrologers call "a planet" is not representing the astronomical planet, rather, the astronomical planet is reduced to an abstract coordinate which is then used to represent something else by means of conventionalized semantic attributions or symbolization.

Astrology cannot map how planetary energies affect us because these energies and their way of operating are not known. We can't make a model of what is unknown. But we can take advantage of the order of the heavens assigning to each astronomical point a specific cultural category, and use the result to model or map what we experience here on earth or inside human consciousness. A birth chart (for example) is not a map of the sky, but a map (model) of a human being.

Juan