Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Significator for Blog

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arabianfundi

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Significator for Blog Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

Which house would you take as significator of a blog? I thought 3rd house but then thought that it should be 2nd from the 10th (11th). 10th house as the persons job and the 11th as the assistance from this.

Geoffrey, I know you are going to mention 6th house as the job but in this case the person is his own boss so I would take this as 10th:)

Suggestions appreciated
Sue
Paul
Administrator

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arabianfundi

I would suspect it would depend on what context you wish to ask about your blog.

What was your question?
arabianfundi

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Signigicator for blog Reply with quote

Hi Paul
Thank you for the reply. It has been suggested that I need to start a website or blog. I do not want to go for a website at present so asked 'When should I start a blog?"

Sue
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

If it is a business blog/website, then it is 10.
If it is just a blog, then it is 3rd

cheers
CD
Paul
Administrator

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Signigicator for blog Reply with quote

arabianfundi wrote:
Hi Paul
Thank you for the reply. It has been suggested that I need to start a website or blog. I do not want to go for a website at present so asked 'When should I start a blog?"

Sue

Sounds more like a question for electional astrology to me, if you want to go down that route. Otherwise I'd say 3rd or 10th like Cosmicdolphin suggests. Depends on the nature of the blog I guess.
Geoffrey

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Signigicator for blog Reply with quote

arabianfundi wrote:
It has been suggested that I need to start a website or blog. I do not want to go for a website at present so asked 'When should I start a blog?"

Sue

Hello Sue

Job.....? The question is essentially about the success of a blog. What is a blog? It is a forum for communication between you and the public, regardless of the reason for setting it up in the first place. Why go further than the radical 3rd?

I would agree with Paul that it sounds like an election chart would be a better approach than a horary. And a glance at your natal chart while you are at it might not go amiss...

Good luck,

Geoffrey
arabianfundi

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Significator of a blog Reply with quote

Hi Paul, Cosmicdolphin and Geoffrey

I feel I should go with 10th house rather than 3rd. The blog would be set up to attract clients and not just a means of communicating my thoughts, 3rd house matter. I am still open to suggestions though:)

Thank you all for your replies.
Sue
johannes susato

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sue,

I would agree with Paul and Geoffrey as to an Election. When you asked: 'Should I start a blog (at all)?', then a Horary would fit, but as you (seem to be decided and) ask: 'When should I start a blog?', then an Election would match better and, if possible, in accordance with your Radix, as Geoffrey mentioned.

In my opinion a blog is not subject to the third OR the tenth houses. In fact the rulers of both houses, of the third AND the tenth, should be considered, because you want to communicate (third) with the public (tenth) and at the same time you want to communicate your profession (tenth) to the public.

Johannes
arabianfundi

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Significator for Blog Reply with quote

Hi Johannes, everyone!

This is a question that I asked quite some time ago, I decided to go back and look at this chart again from a different perspective. I have been working overseas for a couple of years and unable to do much astrology.

Yes, I agree an electional chart is the way to go for the actual date of start up.

Thank you all once again, your help is appreciated:)
Sue
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Significator of a blog Reply with quote

arabianfundi wrote:
Hi Paul, Cosmicdolphin and Geoffrey

I feel I should go with 10th house rather than 3rd. The blog would be set up to attract clients and not just a means of communicating my thoughts, 3rd house matter. I am still open to suggestions though:)

Thank you all for your replies.
Sue

Hi Sue

yepp that is your answer

Good luck
CD
Edith

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may even want to look at the 2nd and its ruler, as well as the POF because in addition to a communication outlet this would be your way of advertising your services. As you said, you also want to attract customers, so your election may want to factor this in, depending on where you want to go with this blog. Then of course there's the customer's assets, the 8th and its ruler.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: