Janis wrote:If we consider the head-to-head (which we always must before judging a chart), Malmo was justifiably regarded by the bookies as an outstanding favourite. Norrkoping has never won in Malmo there have been a few draws), at least from 1998.
This could be a factor and maybe head-to-head charts should be studied. There was a case I wrote about here on Skyscript regarding the 'curse of 1981' and the Royal Wedding verses the head to head relationship in the Oslo derby. An entire Saturn cycle should pass before Valerenga succeded in beating their little brother rival 'Lyn' (Lyn=Lightening). I may also have written an article on this subject under the title of the 'Lightening Ghost'. I think the example is a classic. Skyscript: Link
http://www.astronor.com

Thank you for involving, Janis, and I appreciate the work you are doing on the algorythm tread, although I have not found the capacity to participate. I like the idea of different participants at Skyscript working on separate projects and from different angels. It's like sharing the work around, so to speak.

Could it be that Pluto conjunct the Part of Fortune is a sort of warning to check the head-to-head relationship to see whether there is an imposing factor that decides the outcome? If there is a 'curse' in effect, there could be some warning of this in the chart? This thought struck me in one of the Valerenga-Lyn charts. The Lord of the hour is in the degree of the Nodes? A few things that could be thought through.

Andrew Bevan wrote:Thank you for involving, Janis, and I appreciate the work you are doing on the algorythm tread, although I have not found the capacity to participate.
Time is always a problem, even though, as astrologers, the nature of a moment in time is what we do :D

I have been experimenting with the ideas Janis has posted (and been in email contact with him). I think the team colour has a lot going for it, particularly when there are a number of matches at the same time. It seems to me that some teams are so strongly linked to a colour that this must be important. For example, mention Manchester United or Liverpool and you think Red (and so Mars), mention Chelsea and you think Blue (Jupiter). I think this association is so strong that it must have some effect.

When I have more experience with the method I will post more, but for the moment I am testing the ideas :)

Graham

Being a little bit pushed for time I have had to take a more lenient approach to football games of late - and had fun! In Tuesday's round in the World Cup Qualification the Moon was in Scorpio, which is a good indication for the Norwegian team who won 1-3 against Cyprus on the Cypriotian home ground.

The man of the match was the young upcoming Manchester United player Joshua King, who won the penalty that gave a 1-2 lead to Norway before he finished the evening off with his 1-3 goal! 8) :'

I had a single bet on the Norwegian victory, but also put it in a triplet with Holland beating Romania and Germany beating Sweden. Holland won their game and Germany were 4 goals ahead against Sweden. I was watching this closely- My triplet was already offering a ?60 reward and then Sweden made their move. Towards the end of the game the figures were 4-3 to Germany, but the draw was being offered online at the odds of 23:1. My finger was on the button. I was so close to putting ?20 on the draw. In this was I would reduce my earnings on the triplet if Germany won, but if Sweden equalized in overtime I would go home with ?460! As Nixx pointed out in the thread on EURO 2012 - security is important! I failed to press the button, Sweden equalized and the triplet failed. Oh well, a long story just to tell how important it is to act! :-sk

Spain - France 1-1
Portugal - Northern Ireland 1-1
Germany - Sweden 4-4

Remarkable results when you think about it!

Tuesday's World Cup Qualification game between Poland and England was postponed due to weather conditions, but is being played this afternoon instead:

Poland - England, 16.00 BST, Warswaw
Odds: 3.98 3.25 1.99
Asc 6AR37 MC 2CP27 Moon 24SC10 POF 6TA07
Day Mercury, Hour Mars - radical

Uranus rising in Aries in this chart. I don't know whether this is becasue it is the 'misfit' match - the only one that was postponed? The Moon applies to no planet before entering the next sign. Mars, LHr, is trine the ascendant. The Polish have quite a competable team if they have the day. I just don't want to make a stake! The chart is up for observation.

The Norwegian football season is coming to an end with 2 rounds remaining. At the top there is a tight fight for the League title between Rosenborg, Molde and Stromsgodset. Stromsgodset playing at home in Drammen meet Molde this evening;

Stromsgodset - Molde, 19.00 CEST, Drammen 59N44, 10E15
Odds: 1,95 3,50 3,50
Asc 11GE37 MC 23CP54 Moon 23CP06 POF 6VI00
Day Sun, Hour Mars - radical by aspect

Mercury, L1, is intercepted and cadent. Mars, LHr, is on the cusp of the 7th house. The Moon in her detriment is on the cusp of the 10th. Therefore I think that the guests, who are not favourites by odds, will win.

Stromsgodset - Molde 1-1
I had ?40 on Molde from the start at the odds of 4:1, but seeing that they took an early lead I thought that enough was enough and doubled my money by selling the back to the market at the price of 2:1. Quite obviously Stromsgodset had the capacity to find the net during this exciting game on their home field. ;)

A spectacular game was played this evening in the Norwegian Tippeliga;

Fredrikstad - Brann, 19.00 CEST
Odds: 2.15 3.50 3.03
Ac 12GE24 MC 25CP30 Moon 6AQ46 POF 19VI28
Day Moon, Hour Mercury - radical
The chart shows basically the same planetary pattern as yesterday's match between Stromsgodset and Molde. The only difference being a 'corrupted' Moon. I will explain;

Mars, the red planet of War, in the West initially looks good for the guests. Particulary because the guests are the red colored 'Brann', which translates into fire. Mercury, L1+LHr, is cadent in the 6th house, but the interesting detail in the chart is the Moon who casts her antiscia to 23SC14 and to the body of Mercury. This is where the maxime 'Mercury corrupts the Moon' comes in.

The game started with Fredrikstad taking an early lead, but the initiative could hardly be a good thing with a chart that warned turning everything upside down. Brann equalized and the game swung, and at half time the guests were ahead 3-2. Fredrikstad equalized again in the first minutes of the 2nd half and it looked like ending a draw before Fredrikstad were unfortunate and put the ball in their own net in overtime. :o

Fredrikstad - Brann 3-4 and I am putting up the chart for study!
Matchdetails: Link

Thank you, Andrew, for pointing our direction to this chart.

Following the instructions I laid out in the algorythm section, it was obvious that Brann (angular Mars coupled with Moon's applying sextile) would win (I did not make a chart so missed a good bet). Instead, I'd like to discuss other considerations.

The chart gives an obvious hint that we must consider the head-to-head statistics. Brann have won last two head to heads with better overall statistics. I did not check the chart when the winning streak began but it would be worth checking.

Lord of hour is one of the main actors in a chart. Mercury, the lord of hour, ASC and the stake IC, in a fixed sign and approaching a node. Mars, his dispositor, in an angle with his dispositor Jupiter, ruling the other two angles, retrograde.

As Mercury is inconjunct the rising sign, it cannot give the benefit of radicality, for it has no direct contact with its domicile which can be only provide via Ptolemaic aspects. The placement in the water triplicity or its affliction from the same places does not bode well for Mercury.

I liked your remark about the Moon casting her antisca to the body of Mercury. It indeed corrupts the Moon.

I wonder why the Aquarius Moon is so unpredictable although Aquarius is a fixed sign ruled by such a predictable and constant planet like Saturn.

Usually, the unpredictability is attributed to mischief of Uranus, but I guess it is because the Aquarius Moon is inconjunct her own sign Cancer and casting antisca to Scorpio which is her fall.

Steaua vs Molde

Hey Andrew, I wonder if the Norvegian team Molde will beat Steaua in UEFA league this Thursday... the game will be playey in Bucharest... I don't think Molde could beat the Romanian because Steaua is in great shape and has great moral is unbeaten home both in the league and olso in Europe they are first place in both tournaments... so what do you suggest here? i suggest a win or draw but I think Steaua will not miss this one

Jchart,
Welcome to the group. 20 years has past since I visited Bucharest! That is a story for it's own. In Thursday's game between Steaua Bucuresti
and Molde it is going to be hard to be objective. Obviously, I will be cheering for the Norwegians and their manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who came in as a reserve at the end of the Champions-league final in 1999 for ManU, turned the game around and scored the winning goal in the second minute of overtime - with this man everything is possible!

When several important matches are being played at the same time, as by fixture, this gives me head-aches, even if locations differ. However, here are the chart details;

Steaua Bucuresti - Molde, 20.05 BST
Odds: 1.43 4.15 7.32
Asc 27GE14 MC 29AQ46 Moon 16PI39 POF 11SC09
Day Jupiter, Hour Jupiter - radical by powers with sign

Steaua Bucuresti are super-favourites by odds! Molde are rated as chanceless! :o Saturn is just about Lord of the 10th and destroyed by the Sun (and in the degree of the fall of the Moon). This seemed to cause hazard for a lot of favourites on Tuesday, who lost their leading goals to see matches end a draw. I notice that Jupiter, LHr+L7, is cadent and Mercury, L1, is inconjunct the ascendant, too. I will not be betting on this game - unless there is an attractive entry towards the end of the game. Any chance of a draw? I can't see anything.

Steaua Bucuresti won 2-0! Well done by the home team, but the only problem that Solskjaer sent a B-team down to Romania. This was criticized in the Norwegian Press by the Rosenborg manager Eggen ahead of the kick-off in Romania. The reason being that Molde are playing a League final against Rosenborg on October 28. and Solskjaer decided to save his best players and give them a rest. :?