nodes in house

I?ve seen some posts noting that South Node in the 7'th house is an automatic 'no' to the question, and that SN in the ASC makes the chart unreadable.
the SN is a bad omen for the house, but I?m not sure about an ?automatic no?.

your thoughts are much appreciated.

Thank you johannes,

Lilly mostly speaks of destruction when it comes to the SN, however, he notes (quoting from your reference) ?unlesse the principal significators were Angular and wel fortified with essential dignities? matter came to nothing?. which means that there still are sometimes shades of gray, it?s not pure black and white.

does anyone treat it differently?

Starlion wrote:Thank you johannes,

Lilly mostly speaks of destruction when it comes to the SN, however, he notes (quoting from your reference) which means that there still are sometimes shades of gray, it?s not pure black and white.

does anyone treat it differently?
And Lilly is even still more 'gray', when you quoted Lilly, CA, p. 83, a little more fully:
"[...];unlesse the principal significators were Angular and well fortified with essentiall dignities, many times unexpectedly the whole matter came to nothing?.

true, but from your experience, have you ever encountered situations in which the grey tends a bit more to white? these should be interesting to learn from. I mean, astrology is a multidimensional art, it seems a bit shallow to take only one element as an automatic answer.
I didn?t find any good results with the SN in the house, but I still imagine there should be interesting special cases to learn from.

I'm sorry but my horaries are not listed in a way to look for nodes &c.

My understanding of Lilly is that, even though there may be problems because of the south node, matters can come to a good end, if "the principal Significators were Angular and well fortified with essentiall dignities."

This lightens the grey up to nearly a white: The quesited is gained even though there are more or less great difficulties before the perfection of the demanded.

A judgement cannot be made without considering more than one point in the chart. The south node is an obstacle but it depends also of other factors whether the answer is Yes or No.

Johannes

The South Node may indicate a 'Bear-market'. It could indicate a price reduction. It does often indicate som weakness, vulnerability, or contraction, but that does offer the opportunity of making a defensive move, a repair, system check or supportive action.

The South node indicates dealing with things on the short end. With this point comes the need of not llosing ones head or vision, and not getting sucked in.
http://www.astronor.com

Thanks Andrew, that?s very interesting and helpful!
Do you mean by ?dealing with things on the short end? that with the SN for example in the 1?st house or a different relevant house, that the answer may satisfy only for a short term? Is there an example that comes to mind that you can give?

?dealing with things on the short end?
Well, it's always tight to get in between the doors with the South node. This may litterally be the case in the case of a birth. Being on the short end might refer to a poor, weak or difficult start - having to get past difficulties, or having drawn one of the shortest straws.

In Norway we have a card game that is called "Svarteper", which seems to translate into 'Black man', according to my dictionary. Either way it refers to either being caught out or having to deal with the card that everyone else wants to get rid of. I do find the South Node having positive meanings, although it may refer to gaming, gambling or addiction. Being in the dark, not knowing but believing - matters of faith. It could be the token of a religious conviction. People do also make good livings within these fields. I once knew a priest who changed job and became the director or the Norwegain wine monopoly. In this case his occupation went from religion to spirits(!) and the heavily taxed and regulated distribution (tight doors) of of alcohol imposed by the governmental monopoly.

The South node may be a dent, fault or dump in the road. It is like a trap, but the clue is to walk up to it and inspect it or drive round it but not get caught up in it. Sometimes the South node may represent an eating disorder - but the main issue is to determin what is going on and where the problem comes from/what is the cause of its origination. When this is done, it is very much like having filled in the blanks - and it makes matters a lot more easier to deal with.

The South node is still like a junction and a place where people meet. In this sense the South node can be a neutral, but I also saw cases where clients gave priority to their sexual needs in relationships - the relationship being sexually satisfying, but that alone - and lacking 'a head', a future and something to build on. So the sexual gratification and confirmation was probably OK, and may have served its purpose in that sense, but the issue is once again to recognise where things belong and not get tied up in it.
http://www.astronor.com