a bit urgent: Shall I trust them?

Hello everyone.
The question I asked be me. I am working on a personal project which I plan to publish in a future website. Having no knowledge in programming (yet :brows ) and most importantly no money, I contacted a software agency who claimed to provide free use of their software, if I mentioned the purpose.
In my e-mail to them, I gave a rather abstract description of my project, for fear they could "steal" my idea. They just contacted me back, in order to make an appointment to get to know me and my project. The appointment is set for tomorrow. Shall I trust my idea to them?

I would give L10 to the software agency. If dignity is literal, to tell if someone is trustworthy, then venus in fall is not doing well.
On the other hand, we see Spica on 10th house cusp + Saturn (L1) cazimi.

Also, if we take the question as "better off here or there", then, in the Frawley way, Moon leaving a malefic (Mars) and applying to a benefic (Jup) points to a positive answer, that Yes, I should trust them.

If anyone could have a quick look -before tomorrow!-, I would really appreciate it.

Regards,

Georgia

Without looking to the chart, that sounds really suspicious to me. I work as a web developer and I cannot imagine any of my employers letting someone else come in and use their machines for free. What do they get out of the situation?

The problem will be that anything you do on their machines they will own. You will not. They can deny you access to their office at any time, and therefore deny you access to the work you've done.

Also you do NOT NEED ANY SOFTWARE to make a website!!!

Anything you need to do to design a website can be done from home - not for nothing were many software agencies developed from a teenager's bedroom or parents' garage.

Anything you need to program/code can be done using Microsoft Notepad++.
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

True, software packages make things easier by cutting down your typing time and helping organise projects, but they are not actually needed. I created many of my first websites using just notepad. You can too.

As for software packages. You can do a couple of things here. Adobe has undoubtedly the best software here (such as photoshop) and they recently started offering a more competitive package called Creative Cloud which means you will not fork out for expensive packages up front only for them to be a version behind in a year's time, but instead have a license for use which you pay monthly. This will give you access to world class software that nearly every design agency in the world uses to create websites or professional graphics.

However the pricing plan may still be too steep for you.

In which case you could try a less powerful but free variant called, worryingly, GIMP (don't worry, it's totally safe to google!).

Chances are everything you need for your site will be do-able via GIMP even though Photoshop would offer you a lot more ease and an easier (in my view) learning curve.

The only other thing you need is a server. Trust me, no web agency will be ALSO giving you free reign to use their servers as well. It's already highly suspicious that they would let you use their software for free (unless you are close friends with these people or something) and would be suspicious to the point of almost advertising a scam if they let you use their server as well.

Luckily you dont' need them for that either, you can just research online to see what features you need on the server (such as support for your programming language of choice).

So, in summary: You do not need any software or access to any software company's machines to build your site.

Now for the horary.

You are shown as Saturn, cazimi. They are the Moon. The Moon has no essential dignity but isn't necessarily out of dignity, though does apply to Mars in your 12th.

I suspect they recognise you have a good business idea or see you as a potential future client. Notice how they're in your second house.

They may not be trying to scam you, as in, rob your idea, but maybe they're hoping that if you're in their office you'll want their help - their help is something they can charge for. It would be like saying "sure use our computers but we won't show you how to use them" and then you'll need their help and that will be chargeable.

I think if they were more out and out dishonest and trying to rob your work that the Moon would be in a sign that is in fall or detriment. As it is, it applies to a malefic in your 12th house so I don't trust them anyway.

My advice would be to not trust them and just don't bother taking them up on their offer. They have nothing that you need. You do not need their software. They probably realise that if you do not have money then you equally would not have money to litigate if they did indeed rob your idea.

Unfortunately I have worked in a small studio agency where our client robbed our work from us knowing we wouldn't have the resources to litigate. So this can sometimes happen in this industry.

There are tutorials online that will help you figure out how to use the software. There's too much risk in accepting their offer and really nothing of value to be gained by doing it.

If you have a computer you can make your own website. You do not need them.

Re: a bit urgent: Shall I trust them?

geo wrote: Having no knowledge in programming (yet :brows ) and most importantly no money, [...]
The hints given by Paul soud very professional to me. If these are too professional for you indeed, you could try concrete5. Without need to know programming you can 'design' your own website, free, and they offer explanation reports in several languages.

Johannes

Many thanx Paul, for your immediate answer!

Yes, I also assume that since they bothered to invite me over they hope I am a big customer.
By the way, it's not a web software that they're selling. It's a map software (ArcView) which -as far as I have understood- can be applied in web applications.
Before having e-mailed them, I had called them to ask how I could obtain & learn the software, and then they had said "e-mail to us the reason why you want it and we can provide you free license for the time needed".
Anyway, as you say, I 'll go but say nothing about my project: "I'd like to keep it private".

Thanx a lot, specially for the non-astrology advice..

Georgia