A case of Cazimi--Analyzed

There have been so many relationship horaries that I had decided that I would not share any further personal query :lol: but this horary which was cast for my own purposes and for my own register was so instructive that I have decided to share it with the Forum. In this particular case, the significator of my brother is in Cazimi situation and that too by my significator. I would just write down my own observations and a bit of analysis to tell a background. It would be an interesting stuff. It may throw some light what Cazimi is when in reality the planet is combust before and after the Cazimi situation.

QUERY

What is in store for my brother in his marriage?

May 03, 2007, Rawalpindi (Pakistan) 11.21 a.m. +5 GMT

BACK GROUND INFORMATION

My brother is an Army Officer. He got engaged to his friends sister in 2005. I was instrumental in his engagement. We observed that Girl’s mother behavior (nagging/complaining/critical) was prejudicial to the mental health of my brother and even a cause of concern for our family. To cite only a milder example she insisted my brother that he would call her mother in front of every body. A behavior like such is the most rude and invites criticism from the culture we belong. I stopped talking to his future Mother in Law and advised my brother that it was cause of his own behavior, which had given another party an opportunity to torment him. But since the girl was nice I thought its ok cause my brother would be spending his life with his wife but sometimes I felt that a mother in law who tries to suggest and control her daughter too much may affect their family life.

Now days my brother is posted at Siachin Glacier, a bone of contention between India and Pakistan and one of the highest battle ground in the world. It is cease fire now a days but the weather is so hazardous that 90% of the people die, not cause of actual combat but cause of avalanches and frost bites. An avalanche killed once almost all the people and my brother was saved by the grace of God. Many weeks no body heard of him. The place is to be feared (you can check for further details from Google).

Yesterday, I heard that his future mother in law has visited our home. When I heard this I said

Not again, what will become of my brother, his future, and his marriage. More than query it was the distress, which I felt. I have only one brother and we always have cordial relations. At least I want him to be married normally which we have planned to be next year.

Note: Since back ground information is personal I have not tried to write about his mother in law in detail, reason being that Skyscript is after all a public forum. Consider it to be narration in much softer terms.

DATA (Regiomontanus/Tropical)

First House: Leo 09.07
Second House: Virgo 03
Third House: Virgo 29
Fourth House: Scorpio 01.14
Fifth House: Sagittarius 08.30
Sixth House: Capricorn 12

Sun: Taurus 12.27 (10th House---Peregrine)
Moon: Scorpio 21.44 (4th House---Peregrine—In Fall but out of Via Combusta situation—Void of Course—doesn’t apply to traditional planet)
Mercury: Taurus 12.34 (10th House---Cazimi—In his Term)
Venus: Gemini 24.21 (11th House---Peregrine)
Mars: Pisces 20.37 (8th House—In his Trip---Term--Face)
Jupiter: Sagittarius 18.39 Rx (5th House—In his own house Sagittarius)
Saturn: Leo 18.19 (1st House--Peregrine)
North Node: Pisces 14.30 (8th House)
South Node: Virgo 14.30 (2nd House)
Part of Fortune: Aquarius 18.23 (7th House)
*Uranus: Pisces 17.40 (8th House)
*Neptune: Aquarius 21.54 (7th House)
*Pluto: Sagittarius 28.42 Rx (5th House)

Moon aspects (within the moiety of its orbs):-

Separating

Moon Trine Mars 01.07
Moon Square Saturn 03.05
Moon Opposition Mercury 09.07
Moon Opposition Sun 09.17

Applying

Void of Course (VOC)---It is not applying any traditional planet within the moiety of its orbs.

I have listed transpersonal planets for the benefit of members but I have decided not to use them in my initial studies. Once I have mastered of what Lilly has to say then I would start using them but then only as fixed stars.

Note: Since these are my initial studies I will refrain from using fixed stars. I will use Regulus and few other mentioned by Lilly but that too after a certain period of time.

OBSERVATIONS AND A LITTLE BIT ANALYSIS

-The Sign ascending is Leo. That’s me as Querent. Leo is also my natal ascendant. Saturn is in first house. Naturally I am distressed. Worries and delays but more than this it tells that a person signified by Saturn is at my home. For this keep on reading.

-The Lord of Ascendant is Sun, which is in 10th house and is peregrine.

-The Moon is Void of Course. It tells that whatever the question was and my worries, I can do nothing. I am helpless. It may mean that my worries may be genuine. It may tell that my brother is at Siachin right now ( a much-feared position).

-The third house that signifies my brother is Virgo 29. Its ruler is Mercury. My brother has a Gemini Sun sign.

The Case of Cazimi

-The Mercury is Cazimi by Sun and is in 10th house.

The Mercury is in 10th house, which happens to be 8th house of my brother. It may tell that right now my brother is at a much-feared position but would be protected. Mercury would be combust right after Cazimi and before Cazimi. Still he is in mortal danger. Maybe some event is happening and he is lucky (remember right now he is at Siachin, the much feared place).

The Mercury and Sun are at one degree. Me and my brother agree well. My mother has told me last night that I should persuade my brother into talking with his future mother in law, as she is distressed that he has stopped calling her.

My brother was a below average person till the age of 18. I transformed him completely. Maybe Mercury Cazimi by Sun means such situation. And a fear of combustion right before and after Cazimi may be that I can give him fortitude, while I can also burn him.

-Last year Solar eclipse fell on the cusp of this charts 3rd house, which happens to be ascendant of my brother in question. If we consult Brady (Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark p.319) she has following to say about that particular eclipse

Separation and Loss. To be parted. To finish something, and to feel sad at its completion. Physical injury is also possible through over-straining ones strength. This is not the time to undertake strenuous physical activities.

The 9th house of the Chart (7th from the 3rd) signifies -The girl in question. The cusp is 29 Pisces.

-The ruler of 9th house is Jupiter, which is much dignified (the girl is nice) but retrograde in 5th house of the Chart, which happens to be 3rd from the 3rd. Maybe she right now not happy.

-Recently solar eclipse fell on cusp of 9th house. The ascendant of the girl in question. If we consult Brady (Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark p.320) she has following to say about that particular eclipse

This is a very physical expressive Saros Series. Accidents, great physical effort, violence or any sudden physical events. These can be experienced positively as, for example, the first time snow skiing, or it can be felt negatively in terms of accidents and so on. The approach to take when this Series is affecting a chart is not to hide away but to undertake some physical activity, with an ever watchful eye to safety.

-The Mother in Law in question is signified by 6th house, which happens to be 10th house of the 9th house.

-The ruler of sixth house is in ascendant. She at the moment of query was at my home.

-There is no aspect between Mercury (L3) and Jupiter (L9). My brother and his fianc?e have no opportunity of meeting. The engagement was arranged though my brother liked the girl.

-My brother likes her and she doesn’t. I know that there is no aspect. But Mercury receives Jupiter in his terms while Jupiter does not receive Mercury.

-Mercury is 12th from his own house (Gemini). The place where my brother is a much lonely place. Jupiter is in his own house. The girl is happy at what she is doing and is quite content.

-Mercury is an applying Square to Saturn (without reception). Saturn collects the light of Jupiter with reception. Now there is a tricky situation. There are no receptions. But exactly the moment Mercury (the combust at that time) square Saturn. The Saturn trines Jupiter. So, it means that this engagement is hanging on much weaker footings. The mother in law is the only thing, which binds the boy and a girl. If she doesn’t act or intermediate. It is nothing. Anyway. Since Mercury is in 10th and Saturn in 1st. And since Sun (me) gave a lot of reception to Saturn . There are 30% chances that marriage may happen.

-Saturn disposes -The POF.

-The recent separating aspect of Moon was trine with Mars. Mars is in 6th house from 3rd house and rules 4th (second from 3rd) and intercepted 9th (Aries). Maybe some recent act of courage (intercepted 7th) by my brother. Something to do with his sub-ordinates (6th from his 3rd) and associates (2nd from 3rd).

Any way I will keep this post updated and would know the real situation when he returns. My basic aim was to analyze Cazimi situation.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

UPDATE:---

My brother has returned to home. This is what he has to say about the analysis.
The Mercury is in 10th house, which happens to be 8th house of my brother. It may tell that right now my brother is at a much-feared position but would be protected. Mercury would be combust right after Cazimi and before Cazimi. Still he is in mortal danger. Maybe some event is happening and he is lucky (remember right now he is at Siachin, the much feared place).
The event was hapenning at the time of horary. He doesnt want me to write exactly what happened Enough is to say that Cazimi is a sign of protection which no other indication could match.
-The recent separating aspect of Moon was trine with Mars. Mars is in 6th house from 3rd house and rules 4th (second from 3rd) and intercepted 9th (Aries). Maybe some recent act of courage (intercepted 7th) by my brother. Something to do with his sub-ordinates (6th from his 3rd) and associates (2nd from 3rd).
The event happened on April 29th. The indication same as above. He is instrumental in saving lives of his associates.

He doesnt want to comment about engagement issues. :lol: [/quote]
Regards

Morpheus

Humm.... I think since 5 years have passed its fair to write down what happened on 29th of April 2007 (narrated by my brother)

He was posted in Siachin Sector (disputed territory)...

An incident happened (Avalaunch). In which his associates were killed but he among with few were saved. For few days all communications were lost and he and his associates had to survive extreme cold and hunger.
Regards

Morpheus

Thanks for that Syed.

I would note that in this case, Mercury was within 16' of the centre of the Sun both in longitude and latitude, which is what Coley gives as the definition of Cazimi. Lilly (and most other authors) just give a tight orb in longitude from the centre of the sun as cazimi.

Geoffrey