Moon-Mars Opp on Nodes Oct 4th 2012

Hello All,

The Moon-Mars opposition that takes place next week looks interesting. It takes place exactly along the nodes. Both planets are strong in dignity with the the Moon exalted in Taurus and Mars in its sign of domicile rulership in Scorpio. A power struggle? Public demonstrations? Terrorism? A military strike?

I have put up a chart for when the opposition perfects. Its located for London simply for convenience.
Although not infallible Mars on the nodes is often representative of dramatic events and frequently violent ones. With the additional factor of a Moon opposition to Mars I therefore thought this one might be worth watching.

28 Scorpio is quite close to the the ASC degree of the US Constitution chart. Plus it squares the US constitution chart Mars.
Its also quite close to the ASC degree for the Scorpio rising chart for Israel. Less controversially this opposition squares the Israeli Mars.

I'm sure there are lots of other countries where this axis is significant. Although not all will necessarily be activated. For example, this opposition occurs on the MC/IC axis of the national chart for Norway. Another chart activated by this opposition and nodal transit is that of Spain. Here is the chart for Spain (1975)
Transiting Mars conjoins the Spanish Sun next week. This is a very difficult Mars in the Spanish chart. Mars ( MC ruler and Lord 10 by WS) is in fall in Cancer , retrograde and its the malefic out of sect. We have already seen public disturbances in Spain against escalating unemployment and the announcement of new austerity cuts by the Spanish government today. Plus separatist feeling in the region of Catalonia appears to be on the rise. There is mounting speculation that a full EU bail out for Spain may now be a question of when not if. This could have very dramatic effects on the Euro as a whole and may well further destabilize Italy.

Any other ideas?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

hi mark,

i had noticed this over a month ago, mostly as it coincides with my chart - ascendant axis - and i will be flying back on octt 4th from istanbul where we are now... i will let you know how it goes!

one thought is some weather related event, and the other is how this overlaps on romneys chart.. fiunny how astrologers are so insecure they seem afraid to make a prediction on the us electioin here on the forum!

talk later when back in canada.. typing on a netbook is no fun..

. funny how astrologers are so insecure they seem afraid to make a prediction on the us electioin here on the forum!
Hi James,

I think that is a little unfair. Neither you or I have the slightest clue what motivates other members out there to open a thread. I do know this Presidential race hasn't generated much interest over here. Nothing like the Bush-Obama contest. Plus I personally have had hardly any time for astrology over the last few months. Now you mention it I will create a belated thread for this.
i had noticed this over a month ago, mostly as it coincides with my chart -
Me too! Mars falls on my Moon. I just haven't enough time lately to post on this.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hmm, my MC is 28 scorpio 21 . If you don't hear from me after that date , assume I'm dead.
JUST KIDDING.
It is square USA natal moon in the july 4 , 5;10 pm chart. Will the natives get restless?

This transit of Mars will fall on Romney's Moon/Jupiter Conj when this Moon-Mars opposition takes place next week. It will also fall on Obama's MC/IC axis in Scorpio-Taurus and squares Obama's nodal axis in Leo-Aquarius.

Mark

hi mark,

i am guilty! something about the twinkle in my eye not coming across on the internut!

someone could change!

thanks for highlighting the pres candidates charts to this astro pattern..

wednesday night 9pm eastern time is the time of the first debate ii believe.. this is close to the time of this astro event we are looking at..

if wangshan is still alive, all will be good!