Will I get my career job before my mother's next birthday?

My mother's next birthday is in July 2013, the question came out of an idea that I want to give my mother a nice gift. I am about to graduate college this year and want to be established before her birthday and I have a field in mind, it is just a matter of securing a position in the field.

Here's the horary and I am sorry for the future when it expires:
At first I was jumping with joy because Venus and Saturn apply in a sextile. I also saw the Moon translate light between Venus and Saturn (do you see it?) and technically I still believe it is a yes for both of those reasons, and if nothing else the Moon's next aspect is a sextile with Saturn. But I do see Venus applying to Mars by square and I am not sure if this is frustration. What do you think about the 10th house ruler in the 6th? And before you ask, I intend to move out ASAP after getting the job--it is my first priority.

Will I get this awesome job by her birthday next year? (Tzadde dear I encourage you to contribute as I appreciate your input)
Last edited by StellarTiggy on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I can't resist this invitation. :)

I've noticed something striking... The 10th House signifies both the job you're looking for and the mother. Venus is the diurnal significator of the mother and here is Lady of Ascendant. The Moon is the nocturnal (and more general) significator of the mother and she does a translation of light between Venus and Saturn, ruler of 10th and almuten of 6th (the cusp is in Saturn's term).

You said your mother's birthday is in July, has she Sun in Leo, close to horary's IC? I know it's not relevant, but may Venus be a hint to show your strong feelings for your mother? Among the pointed out significators, of course.
As a side note: the day and the hour are ruled by Venus.

More importantly, do you have any natal planet conjunct any significator from this horary chart?

For timing, I would suggest you use Regiomontanus house system, because Placidus is based on Sun's motion, while Regiomontanus expresses the time. Fortunately, there isn't a big difference between them in practical terms, so I take the Moon in 8th and in common Sign to mean weeks or months. Now we only need to see the Moon's motion, is speedy or slow? If speedy, then weeks; if slow, then months.

I don't know how to determine the Moon's speed without a software, so maybe someone here might be willing to share this bit of information. Between Moon and Saturn are 9 degrees and 8 minutes. So there could be either 9 weeks and 8 hours or 9 months and 8 days.

I hesitated whether to use Mercury or not, because the job you are looking for might relate better to 6th than to 10th. You are going to be someone's assistant, I guess, not commanding around. Were Mercury the real significator, you wouldn't get any job before your mother's birthday.
Saturn here might be the saviour of the horary, because he is placed in 6th and is almuten of this House.
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

Hello Tzadde,

I am overjoyed to hear from you and you are always welcome! My mother's Sun is actually still in late Cancer. Interesting you mention natal planets conjunct the horary placements, it looks like my mother was experiencing a lunar return when I asked this horary because her natal Moon is almost conjunct the horary Moon. As for me, I am a Libra Rising so Venus signifies me and all the Libra planets are in the 1st, in fact transiting Mercury was applying toward my natal Ascendant. Whether I will be an assistant or not is unclear at this point but it will be an entry level position in a field related to my degree, however it will be entry level in a pretty difficult field. So I am assuming I will have quite a bit of work and some authority along with the nature of the job! The intent here is NOT menial work of any sort that why Saturn's placement in the 6th scared me. For a moment I made a joke that Saturn as ruler in the 10th in MY 6th means I am going to make my job serve me, or become *my* assistant. Hehe!
Last edited by StellarTiggy on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello Tzadde,

I am overjoyed to hear from you and you are always welcome! My mother's Sun is actually still in late Cancer. Interesting you mention natal planets conjunct the horary placements, it looks like my mother was experiencing a lunar return when I asked this horary because her natal Moon is almost conjunct the horary Moon. As for me, I am a Libra Rising so Venus signifies me and all the Libra planets are in the 1st, in fact transiting Mercury was applying toward my natal Ascendant. Whether I will be an assistant or not is unclear at this point but it will be an entry level position in a field related to my degree, however it will be entry level in a pretty difficult field. So I am assuming I will have quite a bit of work and some authority along with the nature of the job! The intent here is NOT menial work of any sort that why Saturn's placement in the 6th scared me. For a moment I made a joke that Saturn as ruler in the 10th in MY 6th means I am going to make my job serve me, or become *my* assistant. Hehe!

As Tzadde has already noted, there is a problem here as the ruler of the 10th could be for the mother or the "awesome" job. (This is a job to impress and delight the mother, so I would look to the 10th. But the 6th house involvement, with the ruler of the 10th in the 6th, is interesting.) Tzadde has skillfully tried to find alternative significators to separate out "job" and "mother".

But I wonder if the "awesome" nature of the job actually means an awesome pay-check? Is the question actually, "Will I get a really high paying job which will impress my mother....?" I note here that Jupiter is on the cusp of the 2nd and the moon, disposed by Jupiter, has already translated the light from Jupiter to Venus. Is there a job offer on the table already?

Geoffrey

21 September 2012, 09:04 PM, New York.
StellarTiggy wrote: As for me, I am a Libra Rising so Venus signifies me and all the Libra planets are in the 1st, in fact transiting Mercury was applying toward my natal Ascendant.
From the looks of it, Mercury was an actual good choice... so the answer is rather negative... Sorry.
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

johannes susato wrote:
Tzadde wrote:21 September 2012, 09:04 PM, New York.
Thank you, Tzadde!
Is
AC 22 16 Taurus, and
MC 25 16 Aquarius
correct then?

Thanks in advance.
Nope, here you go dear, it is a 22 degree Tau ascendant.
Last edited by StellarTiggy on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alright, let me explain the motivation behind the horary because I think there might be some confusion.

The horary stems from the desire to obtain a decent financial and status position, so the idea behind this is obviously "if I don't obtain a good financial position I won't be able to pay for a nice gift." I feel this is inherent and so separating it might be a mistake. The idea is that *everything* goes together in 1 breath, the position will do well with the salary AND the status/responsibility.

I don't have a job offer on hand at the moment.

Also I have carefully read the responses and Tzadde suggests Mercury as the job significator and another poster suggested Saturn/10th for the mother but that confuses me because this chart is noctural and I thought the Moon is the mother in nocturnal charts :shock: Also I thought it was pretty cool that the horary Moon was conjunct my mother's natal Moon. I don't want to come off rude to anyone so please take this with a grain of salt but I don't understand why the traditional rulerships are being changed because there was a positive answer? The 10th is traditionally signified for career matters so I was using this, and the 1st is the querent which is me. Then the Moon is a general significator of things to come. I know Tzadde kindly tried to find the significator for my mother in the chart :) although I am not sure it is necessary because the horary is actually about the job more than my mother, I used my mother's birthday as a timeframe.

Venus is actually my natal significator so I understand why I am signified by Venus, and Venus is in the 4th ruler of the family. Personally I still believe the job is Saturn because I won't be going for 6th house work any time soon, I've invested a lot of money into my education. I was thinking Saturn in the 6th might be going into the medical profession but that doesn't make sense to me because I am not going into medicine.

Venus (querent), strong in her terms and in the fourth, just gave her light to the Moon. The Moon, now received by Saturn (job) in his terms, will perfect the sextile to Saturn, received by him in his face then. This translation of light was already mentioned before and it will bring the desired job and this probably not before about 6 months, but before the mother's birthay.

Saturn is essentially strong in his exaltation, but accidentally rather weak in the sixth. Thus the job might be overesteemed and/or it will not be got as easy, as the querent might expect it to be or else it will be a little exhausting.

Johannes

Hi Johannes,

Thank you for your reply and interpretation. The job will likely have veeeeeeeery long hours. Please explain how you reached your timeframe.

StellarTiggy

johannes susato wrote:Venus (querent), strong in her terms and in the fourth, just gave her light to the Moon. The Moon, now received by Saturn (job) in his terms, will perfect the sextile to Saturn, received by him in his face then. This translation of light was already mentioned before and it will bring the desired job and this probably not before about 6 months, but before the mother's birthay.

Saturn is essentially strong in his exaltation, but accidentally rather weak in the sixth. Thus the job might be overesteemed and/or it will not be got as easy, as the querent might expect it to be or else it will be a little exhausting.

Johannes