Should I approach him?

Hey All

Warning : This is not LOVE horary!

I was sorting with a friend a list of composers / producers to contact regarding helping us to producing a song. We narrowed a list to 5 people. We both agreed on 1 composer. I actually met him about 10 years ago. So i caught myself asking

Should I approach him?
will he pick up or freak out

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7189/6961 ... 6063_b.jpg

chart is not really radical but makes sense

Jupiter lord of mine is in 5th house - music involved
Moon is in 8th house - obviously anxiety - yepp got that

If i pick him as 7th house - mercury aries - it doesnt describe him - chart is pointing to NO

However, if i pick him as venus. the answer is YES. Venus approaching Jupiter is intriguing because Venus is coming to Jupiter

There is no combustion in Mercury nor in Venus - so there is no fear! that is good there is good 1 sided reception between venus/jupiter

Plus i do like the fact that Saturn is in 10th house, lord of 2nd
and his lord of 2nd if picked as 11th is trining jupiter

If i grab his 2nd from 7th moon will trine jupiter.

i am drawing blank at this point.

Not sure what to look for at this point

Any thoughts?
Thanks
CD

1) This is not a valid question because you don't know what you're asking. "Should I approach a certain composer with a request to produce my song, will he pick it up or freak out?" Now that's an easy question, isn't it?

2) If the question is "Will he produce my song?", the answer is NO.

3) The notion the chart makes sense is a false one because every chart makes sense if you use your imagination. The Moon in the 2nd - "I'm thinking about the profit", the 3rd - "it's about communication", the 4th - "I'm thinking about the outcome", the 5th - "it's about socializing/music/my creation", the 6th - "I'm worried sick", the 7th - "I'm thinking about him/partnership" etc etc It's a trap.

4) whatever software you're using (I'm talking about the attached screenshot), I hope it's free 'cause it sucks.

That's about all I wanted to say. Thank you.

Excuse me?

How is this trap question? If i had a song to produce, i would have done it myself and I would not be asking. I have full access to recording studio and to all gears. He does not produce nor finish writing someone else's songs at all. He writes songs. I know what I am asking I want to know if he will write me a song. Producers have unfinished or undone songs. I know he has bunch of unpublished songs. YES at the end of the day you need to look at is there a money to be made. No one does anything for free these days.

This is SOLAR FIRE not some cheap/free software.

CD

cosmicdolphin wrote:Excuse me?

How is this trap question? If i had a song to produce, i would have done it myself and I would not be asking. I have full access to recording studio and to all gears. He does not produce nor finish writing someone else's songs at all. He writes songs. I know what I am asking I want to know if he will write me a song. Producers have unfinished or undone songs. I know he has bunch of unpublished songs. YES at the end of the day you need to look at is there a money to be made. No one does anything for free these days.

This is SOLAR FIRE not some cheap/free software.

CD
Just forget what I said. But you should be more precise about your actual question. It's not easy (more like impossible) to follow tbh without the additional information. And why would a composer freak out if you ask him to write a song? Isn't that what they do for a living? Never mind.

And sorry about the remark about the software, it was a bit uncalled for. It's just if you want to study the chart, it's really hard to do the way the chart is displayed.

Seiko, please try to be more respectful of other members of the forum. I think I have warned you several times already about your conduct. It is probably unintentional, but your tone can come off as antagonistic and probably makes other posters uncomfortable or upset, which is not the sort of energy we want in the forum.

CD, I don't have time to go into an analysis, but the chart seems rather favorable to me for the most part. Moon is applying to a benefic that is disposited by a dignified benefic, and Moon is translating the light of the dispositor (Venus - co-ruler of the matter, music, and doing quite well!) to that benefic (Jupiter), which rules the 1st. The Moon is between two benefics, basically. Also, the Moon is dignified essentially and accidentally.

The only thing is that it's also applying to Mars retro, soon after the aspect to Jupiter. I would think Mars in trine with two benefics mitigates it considerably, however. Also, generally, Saturn in an angular house and retro (especially out of sect) can be rather difficult. I am not sure of the 9th house emphasis - clearly the Moon being disposited by Mercury, the 7th ruler, and being placed in the 9th must have significance. Perhaps the composer will have to work with you long distance, etc., which might pose some trouble but would likely be something you could overcome.

Hi

How can I get any more clear than "should i approach him?"
If i started explaining why would i even approach him the background story, it would confuse people even more.
it is easy to freak out a composer cause as of right now there are no composers who are writing for 4 octave range vocals, which is my natural range without schooling.
First thing they usually ask what is your range? It's impossible to answer. teachers cannot identify it because it glides through all the ranges high bass, light baritone, dark tenor, full dramatic mezzo, and high soprano. It is a brutal challenge. My professor cannot even find music that would fully show off my ranges in 1 song. On top of all, they dont even want to expand it just on the issue there is no music written for my voice at all! That is why i need top gun on this.

I dont know how else to explain without going into music terminology.

i dont know how else to explain it
CD

Thanks Love

I was thinking the same lines as you do. Yeah he is not US native so 9th house comes right of the bat *dang girl, you got eyes*!!!!

also 9th house could be school. I am still going through massive vocal building. Explains a lot!

thumbs up
you rawk

CD
Tanit wrote:Seiko, please try to be more respectful of other members of the forum. I think I have warned you several times already about your conduct. It is probably unintentional, but your tone can come off as antagonistic and probably makes other posters uncomfortable or upset, which is not the sort of energy we want in the forum.

CD, I don't have time to go into an analysis, but the chart seems rather favorable to me for the most part. Moon is applying to a benefic that is disposited by a dignified benefic, and Moon is translating the light of the dispositor (Venus - co-ruler of the matter, music, and doing quite well!) to that benefic (Jupiter), which rules the 1st. The Moon is between two benefics, basically. Also, the Moon is dignified essentially and accidentally.

The only thing is that it's also applying to Mars retro, soon after the aspect to Jupiter. I would think Mars in trine with two benefics mitigates it considerably, however. Also, generally, Saturn in an angular house and retro (especially out of sect) can be rather difficult. I am not sure of the 9th house emphasis - clearly the Moon being disposited by Mercury, the 7th ruler, and being placed in the 9th must have significance. Perhaps the composer will have to work with you long distance, etc., which might pose some trouble but would likely be something you could overcome.

Seiko, I have to agree with you about the horoscope that is posted is Not as desirable as the Liz Greene charts on Astro.com, in that only the date is posted, and neither the time nor place are on the page that I can see, and it doesn't list the house system used; if any artists wanted to calculate the data themselves.

But I have to disagree in that with the degrees, sign glyph, and minutes inside the wheel, and the aspects in the interior of the wheel, it's pretty easy to read. The aspectarium is nice as well.

But Seiko, I hate to use this author who I understand is now a Contemporary Traditionalist, Anthony Louis, and cite a few of his discoverys in horary lore that may have came from his first book which was in his infantcy horary period that he may have gave many Moderns equal credibility in his writtings of that time as well.

But Louis pointed out that one could have a classroom environment on horary and all the students could put forth a question at simultaneously the exact same time, and all of the querys could be answered from one chart! :o Now, where Louis or the possible other Moderns who may have inspired this teaching concept that may have came from true Traditionalists before 1800, I do not know at this time?

But CosmicDolphin's two questions can be answered in this horary chart and/or many more could have been answered and asked from one horoscope if Louis's data stems from Traditionalist's methods. But generally I'd rather a querant stick to one horary or tell them that is so and so many questions and Not a solitary query and each requires near equal treatment from the artist!

Clinton Garrett Soule

a wise man knows how little they know

hi guys

Update on this

GOOD NEWS! I finally gained the bravery and approached the guy/composer. I showed him his music piece and asked him if i could change / bring up the pitches and notes up. I was afraid that he would say NO, he said GO for it! I told him you are very close writing for my voice. He was quite suprized "OHH REALLY?" Then I asked him if he is looking for a new singer for his new band, he said (to my suprize) that he doesnt know anything until he gets off from his other projects in august.

It gets better.

I talked to his bandmate who does side projects. That dude wants my demo cause he said that he could always use a strong female vocal.

All good here! super duper excited!

soooo kudos to Tanit! And she was very right on a delay. I chickened out 2 times before. I could have run into him earlier this year. On this 3rd time I said to myself after talking to my classmate about it, I just went for it.

I showed 2 pieces in question to my vocal teacher, she was just floored by the music and lyrics. She said both are a perfect fit for my voice.

Cheers everyone

CD