There is a choice of who your significator is here.

Does the Moon, in the 8th house, conjunct Neptune in Pisces, describe your situation? Does the Moon's position resonate with your natal chart in some way? If not, you might consider that the Moon is peregrine, but in the terms of Venus and in a sign where Venus is exalted. The ascendant is the terms of Venus. Venus, who has dignity, who is on the ascendant and is a natural significator in these circumstances, might be a better choice as your significator.

Venus applies to a square with Saturn, giving you the possibility of a positive result, but with much difficulty. In addition to the applying square, Saturn is disposed by Venus, as you say, and the Moon carries the light from Venus to Saturn - eventually. But I would say that if a 7th house style relationship is to finally triumph, there will be a long and winding road with many ups and downs before it happens.

If I were you, I would not be encouraged by this chart!

Geoffrey

Hello Dearest Geoffrey,

To answer your question in parts, firstly, the Moon's position resonates VERY little with my natal placement. I don't know R's birthtime and I can't speak for him. For me, the Moon is nowhere near the 8th and the situation doesn't concern 8th house matters in any way really, or 9th house matters either. Moon conjunct Neptune to further the situation, I just don't know. I don't have Moon conjunct Neptune natally and neither does he, and I don't know what a Moon conj neptune situation is "like."

Secondly, I natally have Venus conjunct the Ascendant. So you may be correct about Venus!

Is there anything else you may add now, after I have explained these things to you? Venus seems to be in Saturn's detriment and Saturn seems to be in Venus' dignity, how should I interpret this? I think I read something that stated if a planet is in the dignity of another planet, that planet "receives them" or "likes them" or something. So Saturn would naturally receive me and naturally like Saturn? I don't know help me out!

StellarTiggy
Geoffrey wrote:There is a choice of who your significator is here.

Does the Moon, in the 8th house, conjunct Neptune in Pisces, describe your situation? Does the Moon's position resonate with your natal chart in some way? If not, you might consider that the Moon is peregrine, but in the terms of Venus and in a sign where Venus is exalted. The ascendant is the terms of Venus. Venus, who has dignity, who is on the ascendant and is a natural significator in these circumstances, might be a better choice as your significator.

Venus applies to a square with Saturn, giving you the possibility of a positive result, but with much difficulty. In addition to the applying square, Saturn is disposed by Venus, as you say, and the Moon carries the light from Venus to Saturn - eventually. But I would say that if a 7th house style relationship is to finally triumph, there will be a long and winding road with many ups and downs before it happens.

If I were you, I would not be encouraged by this chart!

Geoffrey

Of course, Tzadde. Please accept my apologies dear!! Also I want to avoid this chart disappearing act so here is the data:

'Will I get into a relationship with R?" on 8/31/2012 @ 2:25am in Brooklyn, NY.

This was the *original* horary and there have been events between us since then. I was thinking of running another horary to see if he will continue to pursue me. If you would like to run this horary when you see my question "Will he continue to pursue me for a relationship?" please let me know what you find, but there is no obligation!!
Tzadde wrote:I want to see the data, please. The chart has disappeared.

StellarTiggy wrote:'Will I get into a relationship with R?" on 8/31/2012 @ 2:25am in Brooklyn, NY.
Venus applies a square to Saturn, the answer is seemingly positive. The quirky reception makes things a bit complicated: Saturn is in Venus' domicile, while Venus is in Saturn's detriment... that would mean he doesn't like you as much as you like him and the fact that Venus is the active party here means that you'll be more likely the one who will pursue him than the other way around.

Moon applies an opposition to Sun, that's the Full Moon. Lilly stated that there is a great affliction for the Moon to be in conjunction, opposition or square with the Sun, yet the Sun is in Moon's triplicity, while Sun doesn't have any dignity in the Moon's degree. Again, you like him more than he likes you.

Seems like you have to be more careful than usually. Try to test the situation before concluding that everything is going to be fine. To be honest, I was going to agree with Geoffrey when I saw Venus approaching Saturn, until I've seen the Sun-Moon opposition. Good luck.
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

Thank you Tzadde,

What a wonderful analysis. Just to bring up one more point: The main significator SHOULD be the Moon, for me the querent, and the Moon does form an antiscia with Saturn. Has anyone worked with Antiscia and Contrantascia in horary?

Tzadde wrote:
StellarTiggy wrote:'Will I get into a relationship with R?" on 8/31/2012 @ 2:25am in Brooklyn, NY.
Venus applies a square to Saturn, the answer is seemingly positive. The quirky reception makes things a bit complicated: Saturn is in Venus' domicile, while Venus is in Saturn's detriment... that would mean he doesn't like you as much as you like him and the fact that Venus is the active party here means that you'll be more likely the one who will pursue him than the other way around.

Moon applies an opposition to Sun, that's the Full Moon. Lilly stated that there is a great affliction for the Moon to be in conjunction, opposition or square with the Sun, yet the Sun is in Moon's triplicity, while Sun doesn't have any dignity in the Moon's degree. Again, you like him more than he likes you.

Seems like you have to be more careful than usually. Try to test the situation before concluding that everything is going to be fine. To be honest, I was going to agree with Geoffrey when I saw Venus approaching Saturn, until I've seen the Sun-Moon opposition. Good luck.

FYI: this website http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum2 ... 11580.html actually says the reverse. If you are in a planet's detriment that means you dislike that person, and if that person is in your dignity that means they like you. This makes sense because I've read numerous horaries depicting the dispositor of the significator being the thing interested in for that significator. So, for Saturn he is in interested in Venus, and Venus is in interested in the Moon. But if I were to be honest I'd say this guy was more like Mars in Scorpio because he's really, really mean with no real justification for his behavior. This would also explain Venus (my sig) being in his detriment and not liking him or having feelings or animosity, because of his behavior, there was a point in time I cut him off. One time I even told me he made me sad. LOL

Tzadde,

Don't it take it that way and I'd like for you to continue responding to my questions as I appreciate your input. There seems to be a lot of ambiguity regarding the topic and I had posted an alternate view I'd found, but I am in the middle anyway. I am more of a traditional astrologer myself, so I am familiar with most of these opinions.

StellarTiggy

Tzadde wrote:What you have read is Frawley's approach, not traditional approach. Sorry, but if you disagree, then I will refrain myself from further responding your questions in the future.

There is a thread in the Skyscript forum regarding receptions:
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6776