Electional Astrology Marriage

Hi all.

I want to share and discuss with you, this elective marriage.

The data are: May 10, 2013 at 18:30 (6:30 PM) in Bogot?, Colombia.

I used the Sidereal zoodiaco.
Ayanamsha: Krisnamurty.

I put the malefics (Mars and Saturn) in cadent houses.
I put to beneficial (Jupiter and Venus) in the angular house and home the goal of the elective (house 7): Marriage.
I put the Sun and Mars, as universal signifiers Groom signs of exaltation and address respectively.
I put Venus, signifying the bride in her home sign of being applied by the Moon conjunct exalted.

As I could not pair with a good aspect Venus with Mars, I put the Moon began applying to Venus in a conjunction.

Please I want you to give their views and opinions regarding this elective marriage. Hope you please reply to this email me with your views on this elective. Your feedback is very important to me.
http://www.plateriadat.com/talismanes.html

Diego, I think you did the excellent job! :'
If we want marriage to last than we must stick to these rules regarding wedding chart:
fixed ASC
Moon must not be in SCo
Ve nad Ma must be in easy applaying aspect
Su or Moon must not have applaying aspect with Ur
Ve must be direct
Sa, Ma, Ur, Pl must not be in angular house
ruler of ASC and ruler of DSC must be in easy applaying aspect
Ruler of ASC must not be in conjunction with Sa
As I see, all these rules are filled except that one regarding Ve and Ma applaying aspect...
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

How are you determining the time of the marriage?

I guess this chart is set up according to the rules of Indian astrology, but from the viewpoint of traditional Western astrology, I would not read Mars as a malific here, as it is ruler of the Ascendant and so a principal significator.

One usual rule in election charts is to get the principal significators into angular houses, which you could manage if you held the marriage an hour earlier. You get the added benefit of having the sun above the horizon and the Part of Fortune in the 1st. The significators for bride and groom are then reversed, of course, unless you care to change to a tropical zodiac...?

Another consideration is how the natal charts of bride and groom compare with this chart. Suppose the bride's natal Saturn is square the groom's significator in this chart, (whatever you take that to be), then that may not bode well for a harmonious marriage...

Geoffrey

I love the fact of fixity on the angles and that sweet Anthrodite being kissed by Luna in this Election.

But I have to disagree with Geoffrey in that he says:
One usual rule in election charts is to get the principal significators into angular houses, which you could manage if you held the marriage an hour earlier. You get the added benefit of having the sun above the horizon and the Part of Fortune in the 1st. The significators for bride and groom are then reversed, of course, unless you care to change to a tropical zodiac...?
Geoffrey I'd hate the Lord of the 7th, Mars to be cjt. South Node, and I hate that cjt. in the present Chart, ugly!

Also an hour earlier puts Libra on the asc., moveable as Lilly says, also known as cardinal, fast acting, yet of short duration...too many marriages happen like that today in the Northern Hemisphere. Fixity is best, but even though I love the Moon cjt, Venus, I think a latter time would be best.

Look at Kronus in his joy in the 12th, lord of their prospective home and family, unaspected and Rx. That puts a damper or coldness on the end of the election. Like things will crystalize or become very cold and icy at the end of their marriage. I'd wait til Saturn goes direct and a benefic aspect.

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men know how little they know

Diego,

In looking over this proposed Eletional for May 10th, 2013 I noted that in May in your horoscope the Sun was in late Aries as in the initial post. Is there something I fail to understand about South American calculations or is this either the wrong date or wrong horoscope from the proposed date?

I'm Not familiar with the this house system or calculation process but the two seem very contradictatory by the different map's positions.

Also if I understand the astro.com calculation process the asc. came out in the last decante of Sco rather than the first. I may Not understand the EST factor in Colmbia. But many of the planets are in different signs if you have noticed as in the following webb address:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid= ... r=1&nho2=1

Also Kirk, I'm fully aware in South America that is typically Roman Catholic that Christian marriages stress monagamy and divorce only on grounds of adultery despite documentation stating otherwise within Christian literature. And there are tribes in S. America that possibly are Not aware of Horary that include 'swinging' in their normal marriage customs. Just like within Islamic marriages polygamy and divorce are viewed rather contraversial to Christiandom. I'm sure Hinduism and Buddaism, and other isms, etc., all have different accepted norms of marriage expectations. As most note in the USA, lifelong monogamy seems Not to be the ideal any longer but rather 'serial monagamy', that is more akin to a covert form of a legalistic or rather in the USA as practiced as a corrupted form of prostitution dealing more with aquiring property rather than the actual lost idealism of marital harmony and endearing longevity survival of the union. But I would hope that despite the questionable Neptunian industry that is dominant in Columbia that the ideal of marriage that is rooted in the Church's influence in that hemisphere is longevity within marriage and happiness. And I think with the poster's Sco rising, representing a sensual begining, great for most marriages, and with the fixity on the angles Diego must be stressing longevity in marriage as many past authors have referenced in multiple writtings.

Also, as this is Not a message or a letter to anyone Electional but that Gemini Moon I've tested in letters contrary to the Traditional advice Not to use the Moon in Gemini or Pisces as it's the 12th sign corresonding to the 12th house of Luna; and it held true. I wouldn't use the Gemini Moon for much of anything after sufficiently testing God's heavens and Traditional lore.

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know

Kirk wrote:I must, want to, and will speak my mind!
Another consideration is how the natal charts of bride and groom compare with this chart.

Not ?another? consideration? but the consideration that comes way before any electional chart!
Way-to-go Kirk!

Partridge actually makes the distinction between 'Universal' elections and 'Particular' elections. Universal elections are for the planting of crops, the launching of ships and the founding of banks - that sort of thing. The rules and method are what we normally recognize for election charts.

But 'Particular' charts are where one or two people are involved and I will let Partridge speak for himself...

"In such things as belong to particular elections and persons, let this rule be diligently observed, that the election may be effectual for the purpose designed, and to this end, you must observe the figure of the nativity; for indeed these elections of themselves without regard to the nativity are fruitless and ineffectual...... So, if a man would make an election for marriage, and place Venus very well in her dignities, and the Moon, in good aspect to Jupiter, yet if they were unfortunate places in the radix where Jupiter and Venus are placed, the election be without effect."

Geoffrey