Free Tarot software

punkajdubey:

I have downloaded the program and unzipped it using WinZip. Can you tell me what my next step should be? I expected to find an .exe file and to click on that to start initialization of the program. All I find are files marked .class. Can you indicate where I've gone wrong, please?

Melissa

Re: Free Tarot software

delaforge wrote:punkajdubey:

I have downloaded the program and unzipped it using WinZip. Can you tell me what my next step should be? I expected to find an .exe file and to click on that to start initialization of the program. All I find are files marked .class. Can you indicate where I've gone wrong, please?

Melissa
Hi Melissa,

You need to download the ".jar" file.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtarot/ ... r/download

or find the .jar file to click on it.
In all probability your computer will have the Java runtime programme to run it.

HTH

PD

Free Tarot software

punkadjubey:

Thank you for the instructions as to how I should proceed.
I have Windows 7 which is like being on a different planet! So I must install Java (easy - I've done it) and associate the .jar file with it manually (not so easy - am still working on it).

Melissa

Re: Free Tarot software

delaforge wrote:punkadjubey,

Program now installed and working.

This forum is not the place to wax lyrical about a Tarot program. I'll just report that it is an immensely versatile program that I will personally find hugely useful.

Melissa
There is more to it.
It is a Rune program as well.
Click the oracle option to see the rune.

or

Go to Advanced->Create an Oracle setup or file->(click)Type of Oracle->Elder Futhark runes->Create this file->(cancel the xml diagolue)->exit.

When you restart, there should be an option for runic oracle.