View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Recent additions:
A Correct Prediction: the NYC buiding strike, 1991
by Robert E. Zoller
Book II of Carmen Astrologicum by Dorotheus
translated by David Pingree
Compiled by Deborah Houlding
Astrology and Cosmology in Early China: Conforming Earth to Heaven, by David W. Pankenier
Reviewed by Gill Zukovskis

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Planet House Placement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeRutland

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Planet House Placement Reply with quote

Sometimes Lilly is hard to understand. I was reading and came across this passage:

"Contrary te rules of the Ancients, I have ever found that when the Lord of the 7th haso all th been in the ascendant, the querant has loved most, and when the Lord of the ascendant was in the 7th, the quiested loved best".
pg 317, Christian Astrology

Now this seems to say when Lord of the 7th is in the 1st, the querant loves their mate, thus would be vulnerable?!?!?!?!?

This seem to contradict what I have previously thought about the matter.
I had come to the conclusion that when Lort of 7th was in the 1st, he was vulmerable, and "besotted", so to speak.

Where am I going wrong here?
Paul

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Planet House Placement Reply with quote

LeeRutland wrote:
Sometimes Lilly is hard to understand. I was reading and came across this passage:

"Contrary te rules of the Ancients, I have ever found that when the Lord of the 7th haso all th been in the ascendant, the querant has loved most, and when the Lord of the ascendant was in the 7th, the quiested loved best".
pg 317, Christian Astrology

Now this seems to say when Lord of the 7th is in the 1st, the querant loves their mate, thus would be vulnerable?!?!?!?!?

This seem to contradict what I have previously thought about the matter.
I had come to the conclusion that when Lort of 7th was in the 1st, he was vulmerable, and "besotted", so to speak.

Where am I going wrong here?

Well Lilly himself states that this goes contrary to his own predecessors, so I'd say ultimately you need to see for yourself. Personally I've observed that when the querent's significator is in the 7th house they have more interest or motive and at times desperation.
I don't think either shows who loves who best though.
LeeRutland

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has been my experience. The one whose planet is in the other's house has invariable been more "attuned" to the other, more invested in them...or interested...and generally, a bit "weaker", more "in their power", so to speak...being right on the cusp excepted, of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: