HEALTH INSURANCE.

I am trying to applay for health insurance,i am a self employed and have a medical condition.Which house rules health inshurance is it 6?I read that general insurances are ruled by 8 house.And I read,that 1,6and 8 need have a positive aspect with Jupiter.
If there are other things which are impotent for selecting the date for the chart,to have a positive outcome.

Its interesting. Health insurance would seem to be one of the most frequent topics on which American astrologers receive questions. But hit the 'search' button on the left there, and we find that the word "insurance" has only been used once on this forum in the past eight years - and that was in the sports pages!

Why the disparity? Partly perhaps, it is because this is an English based forum and in the UK, (as in most of Europe), health insurance is not an issue. Everybody has it, it is provided by the State and everybody has to pay for it. Partly too, it is because there is a heavy bias to 'traditional' astrology on this forum and when Lilly et al were writing in the middle to late 17th century, insurance was nothing like the ubiquitous, highly developed, financial instrument that it is today.

In fact, of all the 17th century 'traditional' astrology authors, I can only find insurance mentioned once, and that was when Lilly considered the chart "A ship at sea, if lost" (CA page 162) where he stated, ".... but so general was the report of her loss that none of the 'ensurance' company would meddle, no not upon any terms." This is enlightening, because it highlights the fact that in the middle of the 17th century, it was not general for shipping merchants to insure their ships or the goods they carried - something we would take for granted today. The merchant in this case only tried to get insurance cover when there were rumours his ship was lost - and of course, the insurance men had heard the rumours too! It highlights too that the purpose of insurance was to spread the risk. If you lost your ship, everybody lost a little, but nobody was put out of business. Insurance was exclusively for the very rich.

It would be over 30 years before Edward Lloyd opened his coffee shop and insurance started to become a necessary and prudent financial instrument used by ship owners and other businesses. But the result of this is that if you are a 'traditional' astrologer who thinks that nothing written after 1700 is worth reading, you will have little to guide you when it comes to matters of insurance.

The earliest reference to insurance that I can find in my small library is Dr Simmonite's "Prognistic Astronomer; or, Horary Astrology" (1853) where he gives the matter of insurance to the 9th house. The logic for this is not given, but I assume that it was on the vague notion that insurance companies were by now large institutions and so, whether they were learned institutions or not, insurance companies and insurance in general could be pigeon-holed in the 9th house. I would be grateful if anybody can give an earlier reference regarding the house placement of insurance and insurance companies.

Today, it seems more general to treat insurance matters as a variation of the buyer (1st house) seller (7th house) type of question. The 7th house is then the insurance company or the person selling you the insurance. The seller's turned 2nd, the radical 8th, is their financial resources and so indicates how well the policy will perform. Thus, the insurance policy itself is given to the 8th house.

I am curious to know where Helios read that the 1st, 6th and 8th "need to have a positive aspect with Jupiter". That might be quite difficult to arrange... Too, I am not too sure about the logic here. Generally, health insurance questions are along the lines, "Will my current health insurance be adequate this year?" and if you have a great 6th house, you can ignore what is happening in the 8th house - you don't need more health insurance. But if your 6th (and 1st) is looking a little fragile, then you had better have a great 8th house or go out and find a better policy. All three houses in great shape means you are paying too much for your health insurance!

In this case, Helios has admitted that he has a chronic health problem and his difficulty is trying to find a health insurance company that will accept him on that account. We would not expect a great 6th house in any valid chart in these circumstances. Helios is wanting to elect a suitable time to approach, or make application to (putting the form in the post) an insurance company to maximise his chances of being accepted. I would say that this is a buyer-seller question and so we are looking for some connection between the 1st and the 7th houses. That is, some application between rulers of 1st and 7th, or the Moon carrying the light between those rulers, or any of the other usual ways in which a question can have a positive outcome and Helios has someone to sell him some health insurance. But there is no point in paying good money for insurance that is not going to perform if needed, so the 8th house and its ruler should look good in all the usual ways too.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey wrote:In this case, Helios has admitted that he has a chronic health problem and his difficulty is trying to find a health insurance company that will accept him on that account. We would not expect a great 6th house in any valid chart in these circumstances. Helios is wanting to elect a suitable time to approach, or make application to (putting the form in the post) an insurance company to maximise his chances of being accepted. I would say that this is a buyer-seller question and so we are looking for some connection between the 1st and the 7th houses. That is, some application between rulers of 1st and 7th, or the Moon carrying the light between those rulers, or any of the other usual ways in which a question can have a positive outcome and Helios has someone to sell him some health insurance. But there is no point in paying good money for insurance that is not going to perform if needed, so the 8th house and its ruler should look good in all the usual ways too.
I'd like to add that, in case the Moon isn't going to make a translation of light between Lords of 1st and 7th, we should look for the Moon to apply a sextile or trine to Jupiter, or even a square with the mandatory reception to make it better. Also, the planetary hour should belong to either Mercury or Jupiter. These tips are for electional purposes, I guess Helios wants a good moment to apply for an insurance.

Anyway, to look at his health is not quite helpful. Ill or not, he needs money for his health, which is the hot spot here. The 8th could be a good choice, if we link it to 2nd (or the other people's money will continue to belong to others and not to him).
So, if the Moon isn't doing any of the aforementioned aspects in the proper planetary hours (from 1st to 7th or applying to Jupiter), then we should look at a translation from 8th to 2nd Lords, or direct application... If Helios is lucky enough to have an electional chart with Libra in Asc, then we have Venus ruling both 1st and 8th, with Mars over 7th and 2nd, which makes everything easier (or is supposed to happen that way).
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

Health insurance.

Thank you dear Geoffrey and Tzadde for deep and profound look on topic of''Electing a chart for application for health insurance',I will use your practical tips and advice in next two weeks,then I will try to elect a chart and send my application.
Dear Geoffrey,you want to know there I read that 1,6 and 8 hause need to have a positive aspect with Jupiter.I am just a beginner and my knowledge not as deep as yours .Sixth house was my own idea,because it is connected with health.After yours and Tzadde post I decided to live sixth house alone.
About positive aspects between 1,8 and Jupiter I read on some financial astrology blog,the same blog mentioned that 9 house and Jupiter rules insurance adjusters.
Dear friends,thank you for your help.I will use your tips,elect a chart and probably will post it on the same forum.

Health insurance.

Dear Geoffrey and Tzadde.
Thank you very much for deep and profound look on topic''Electing a chart to apply for health insurance.''
I am just a beginner and I will use your practical tips and advice.After I elect the chart, I probably put it on the same forum
I learn a lot from your posts.I very thankful for that.
Helios.