Huh? That makes no sense. I don't have a ton of experience and may be wrong but the 7th house is never the employer and my question is exactly what I wrote, what is the employer thinking about the position. I am attempting to gain insight into whether the employer like me or my competition better. clearly this is a 1st vs. 7th house question

I can understand how Tzadde's remark might seem confusing. Personally, I would take the ruler of the 10th and planets therein as symbolizing the employer, as this is the house of one's position, one's career, and (in politically oriented horaries) the head of state. Ordinarily, the 7th would be a competitor or rival, but in other circumstances potentially a business partner as well.

There are, however, some justifications for Tzadde's attribution of the employer to the 7th. If you examine the fifth book of Dorotheus, you will see a number of "four-part formula" charts. In two example questions regarding whether or not to buy a piece of real estate, the 7th is taken as symbolic of the owner. This appears to be the same kind of logic.

There are perhaps five or six of these "four-part formulae" charts in Dorotheus, including one which appears much earlier in CCAG 1; 122-1241, (or at least that is what Schmidt cites, though 122-124 would seem more logical). It is attributed to Hermes, which suggests that the four-part formulae charts in Dorotheus may have a venerable ancestry. (Though it is only fair to say that the authenticity of the fifth book of Dorotheus has been disputed.)

In general, I would be inclined to place the employer in the 10th, though Tzadde's interpretation is not without precedent in the literature.

Update:

Just got word from my second reference that the company has contacted him for a reference. He is actually the one I wanted them to talk too so this is proceeding in the right direction, all be it very slow.

Stay tuned

Update....Offer is pending but got an email saying the offer letter is being drafted and should be to me next week.

Now lets dig into the chart and find out what happened

Update. Offer accepted, pending drug test and background check. All the skeletons are on the table up front.

So i am wondering of anyone has any insight about whether the offer might be rescinded since everyone seems to feel I wouldn't get the job???

OK So I asked the question, "Will they rescind the offer?" I don't think so! I am Jupiter. The next aspects that Jupiter makes is a trine to POF and then right afterwards a trine to MC. I get the job. The trine to POF is shown in the healthy offer, so i think the trine to MC is a valid indication that I get the job.

Also POF and MC are both ruled By the Employer Venus, and POF is in the tenth.
Last edited by Rookie on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello Rookie.

First off, congratulations on getting the job.

It sounds like they have made an offer subject to a background check, which is the usual "due diligence". The only basis they now have to rescind the offer is on the basis of that background check. If they withdraw the offer on any other account, I think an industrial tribunal would look favourably upon you. So long as your background is no murkier than it should be, you have the job.

On your first chart, there are a couple of things which give an astrologer pause for thought. First is Saturn on the ascendant. Lilly says, "If Saturn be in the ascendant.... the matter of that question seldom or never comes to good." There are also astrologers who consider Saturn in the ascendant is an indicator that the querent is being less than honest and make sure the credit card has gone through before going any further!

Then there is the Moon, in an angle, square to Saturn and Mars, Mars ruler of the 7th. The ever eloquent Partridge says of this, ".... if the Moon goes square or opposite Saturn or Mars, either of them Lord of the 7th, especially if the aspect be from the angles, let the artist take heed he doth not get more disgrace by his judgement than he is willing to own..."

In the circumstances, I thought it prudent to wait and see how things panned out before offering my thoughts.

There are a number of modern authors who give "the job" to the 6th house rather than the 10th. This has also been a matter of discussion on a number of threads on this forum recently. If "the job" was one which heightened your standing in the community, such as becoming Lord Chancellor say, then it would be a matter for the 10th house. But you did not think becoming a financial controller was worth mentioning until pressed, so let us instead read this chart (the first chart) with "the job" as a 6th house matter and see where it gets us.

Ruler of the 6th is Mars. Mars is in its pomp in Scorpio, in the 1st house. You get the job. The only problem is Saturn on the ascendant. This might kill the matter off, as Lilly suggests, were it not that Mars is so strong and Saturn does have dignity. But Saturn will have the effect of bringing about delays and slowing the whole process up - an effect I am sure you can attest to!

Geoffrey

Thanks Geoffery, for the alternate reading, and there appears to be some truth in your reading. My background is clean so I am good there, however, I did discover and honest error regarding dates of employment on my application (my CV was accurate) that is causing me some trepidation.

I would agree that becoming a financial controller, although a great career jump for me, is not anything out of the ordinary. Controllers are in most companies so it really is no different than the secretary at the front desk in that definition.

My gut is telling me that this will need to be explained, but will not preclude me from getting the position. Do you agree Geoffrey?

And is my second chart relevant? Does it say anything to you or anyone?

Hello Rookie

If you don't mind, I will be mindful of the caution against judgement and leave it at that.

I could note that the chart (the first chart) has a lot of hard aspects and wonder if this has anything to say about the delays....?

I could note that while the 10th may not signify "the job", it might signify the person in charge of giving you the job, the person with the power in this situation. I could note that the Moon is in opposition to Venus and wonder if that person was really all that keen to give you the job.....?

I could note that the Moon is on the cusp of the turned 7th from the 10th, her (probably her) house of open enemies, and that the Moon is square Saturn, ruler of the turned 7th, indicating some friction between the Moon and Saturn. I could note too that Saturn sits on your ascendant, with dignity, so could be your friend (though you may not be aware of it, but who may be the reason you got the job).....?

I could conclude that you may well be stepping into a medium scale office war, but note that the Moon is on the point of changing sign and so wonder if she will very soon be taking up a different position in the company (still in a sign ruled by Saturn).....?

.....But I won't :wink:

Geoffrey

Thanks again Geoffrey,

If I had to guess, I would say that the person with the power to offer me the position does like me and does want me in the position. I don't think that has anything to do with your observation.

So far as what might come from the office situation, I have no idea what it will be like working there, but as I have said it is a great professional career move, one that I want to work!

Thanks again for your comments and I will keep you posted as usual.

update...Well they delays shown in the charts continue to evolve as predicted. I am currently in a holding pattern waiting for all of the background stuff to come back before final OK is given an I can move forward.

The error I spoke about in an earlier post apparently has been overlooked. I am certain it came out and they know about it but are choosing to ignore it, I guess.

Hoping/assuming that no news is good news. However time is getting short.